Refurbished CECHA issues

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by disyoko, Oct 9, 2017.

1. 29
    disyoko

disyoko New Member

I recently bought a cfw CECHA ps3. The seller told me this year he put thermal paste in it but forgot to mention he also removed the card readers... Now there is a hole in there. Anyway I thought if I could use REBUG with all its functions it should be fine but I ran into some issues. I have 2 questions I want to ask:

1 - When I plug a usb drive and start the console the ps3 shows this message: "cannot start. The appropiate system storage was not found". Is it familiar to anyone? Never happened to me on my slim.

2 - PSP, psx and ps3 games run fine but I have an issue with ps2 games. Cobra doesn't run ps2 isos from webman mod or mmcm, I get a black screen. In rebug toolbox 2.02.14 whenever I want to change ps2 emu mode from cobra to original I get "no ps2emu files found on hdd or usb (dev_usb000)" So no original ps2 emu for me. Any help for this issue?

Thanks in advance guys.

2. 29
    disyoko

disyoko New Member

All right, problem one is faulty HDD. Nothing to do with the USBs. Damn refurbished stuff.

3. 29
    disyoko

disyoko New Member

Problem 2. I managed to run Ps2 isos by enabling netemu on the game menu with managunz 1.29. Is there any other way of doing this with rebug settings, mmcm or webman mod?

4. 5,210
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    You shouldn't need netemu to run PS2 ISO on your model (it lower compatibility a lot). Sadly it sounds like your PS2 subsystem (EE+GS) is dead in your CECHA. When you get black screen, is PS menu still work for you?

disyoko likes this.
  5. 306
    kadorna2

kadorna2 Member

set ps2 emulator to rebug on toolbox and mount the ISO with webman, that should do the trick. if it still doesn't work try with a different game

disyoko likes this.
  6. 29
    disyoko

disyoko New Member

Thanks for your reply. Yes, when I press the home button the menu is there but no game will run.

The seller says Ps2 discs run without problem. Unfortunately I don't here any to try but backups.

7. 29
    disyoko

disyoko New Member

Thanks for your reply.

Rebug toolbox only allows me Ps2 cobra, I can't toggle to original. I get "no Ps2 emu files found on hdd... "

When I load a game I get a black screen. Still I can sync the controller and see the Ps2 menu when I press the home button.

I can only run a Ps2 iso with managunz enabling netemu...

8. 779
    sandungas

sandungas Developer

Maybe what is happening is the ps2 emulator (the emulator version specific for full backward compatible PS3 models) does a check to the (missing) card reader ?

bitsbubba and disyoko like this.
  9. 29
    disyoko

disyoko New Member

Thanks for your contribution.

That's bad news I hope it's something else. Something interesting is I don't get a white screen when running silent hill origins on netemu. No need for config patch on managunz 1.29.

10. 5,210
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Is normal that you miss "Original" emu in toolbox. You need special version of toolbox to change emu to original. Anyway this not resolve your issue as cobra version is patched to run ISO, original one is not.

Anyway: https://rebug.me/official-rebug-4-81-2-cobra-7-5-toolbox-2-02-12-jan-10th-2017/
    Scroll to the end, here is Rebug Toolbox Full, with included emu.

Because ManaGunZ is so cool that it use config automatically from USRDIR/sys/CONFIG/CUSTOM/ ;)

Back to topic, I think that your PS2 hardware is dead. But you can try with disc game, original or with backup. Also check other PS2 games. If result is the same in any case, then i'm right. Last thing you can do is to reinstall firmware, just for sure.

I doubt that ps2 emu have check like this, at the second hand card reader is just USB device. So maybe lack of it broke something..

disyoko likes this.
  11. 29
    disyoko

disyoko New Member

Thanks Kozarovv.

You're very right, the original emu isn't helping at all. I burned a backup into a disc and I got the same result, black screen. I also reinstalled debug but nothing. I'm suspecting the built-in ps2 hardware is dead as you were saying since I've already tried 7 backups.

Managunz is so awesome then. I didn't know it was automatically loading patches. Just one thing, it doesn't use the webman fan settings when loading games.

So now I know I have a 4 usb port cfw ps3 with a huge power consumption. I may sell it as I already have a slim 2004a. I wanted to know how cool was the ps2 hardware on the ps3 and if there was any visual improvement over the software emulation we get with the other ps3's.

Thanks everyone for your help.

12. 2,724
    bitsbubba

bitsbubba Super Moderator / Developer Super Moderator Developer

Homicidal Super Moderator
    Home Page:
    Overall when my CECHA01 was working I had never notice much of a difference between hardware emulation and software emulation besides the few title that hardware would run that software would not

disyoko likes this.
  13. 779
    sandungas

sandungas Developer

The reason for this theory is because the oldest versions of the PS1 and PS2 emulators allows to savegames from a real memory card (by using the official or clone USB memory card adapter)

So maybe the "emulated PS2" does some tricky thing with the USB just to check if that memory card adapter is connected... well but this should be the same with other PS2 peripheral i guess... not sure if the emulator considers this memory card adapter as something special

14. 1,861
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

Burned ps2 discs won't work with original ps2emu, leave it as Cobra and test it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. 29
    disyoko

disyoko New Member

Curiously I do have the official Ps2 mem card adapter but still no luck booting games...

16. 29
    disyoko

disyoko New Member

I tried both with no luck.

I'm thinking on selling it. It was 700 Yuan. Thermal paste is good and everything is fine except for the Ps2 hardware and the sd card readers.

17. 1,861
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

explain the symptom more clearly, "don't work" could mean a lot of different things

1. Black screen?
    2. does it return to xmb with any 800 error code?
    3. does it even show Playstation 2 logo?
    4. does it show any ps2 disc icon on XMB?

Ok, I've known this issue, I heard a guy who had the exact same issue, his only solution was to use netemu like you just did. yup seems like HW faulty.

18. 29
    disyoko

disyoko New Member

19. 306
    kadorna2

kadorna2 Member

Are yiu using HDMI? If so, i would try using regular AV cables or component cables to see if it works.

Edit: disregard, didn't read the ps3 menu is visible