Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 HAN [Research]-[PS2]-Zazenora's Compatibility Log

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by Zazenora, Sep 24, 2018.

1. 247
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    PS2 Compatibility Log
    Started on: 9/24/2018
    Introduction
    I am using this thread to document certain PS2 games that I am testing using Ps3Xploit HAN - PS2 Classics.
    I own several games in which I've been unable to find any information on via
    [DevWiki]-PS2 Classics Compatibility List
    The information I'm sharing and have collected is thanks to
    PSX-Place community as well as the DevWiki.

• [Updated 9/24/2018]
      There are several sections in this thread. If you're interested, check the list of PS2 games I have tested as well as a list of games I have in queue. I will provide a brief description of my experiences with these games, noting problems I encounter, as well as offer
      probable fixes should they exist.

• [Updated 12/7/2018]
      [PS2 Title] | [Description.] | [Status]
      *A game's Status is represented in the following colors:
      Gray = Not yet tested. See PS2 Classics Compatibility List if information is available.
      Green = Runs (at/near) perfect or equivalent to the Official PS2 Classics title.
      Blue = Minor slowdowns or graphical issues.
      Orange = Slowdowns or graphical issues, may affect gameplay.
      Red = Major graphical or critical issues, making gameplay difficult or impossible.
      Star Ocean: Till the
      End of Time (USA)
      For best performance, use the CONFIG file provided.
      After starting the game, turn off Smoothing in the settings to further increase the frame rate. Slowdowns that occur are usually minor, and doesn't affect gameplay.
      (See CONFIGS tab for file.)​
      Playable
      Wild Arms 3 (USA)I am still early in the game, but have very rarely seen any visual problems.
      When I did, it was only small frame shifting for several seconds during cut-scenes.(Does not hinder the viewer's experience.) Both on the map & during battle run smooth. Didn't use any certain CONFIG file. Could not find one for this game: SCUS-97203
      Playable
      Radiata Stories (USA)Minor slowdowns frequently on the map & during battle.
      (Used an older version of PS2Classics_GUI to convert this game. I will retry this title using a custom CONFIG file and provide an update soon.)​
      Playable
      Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (USA) Still fairly early in the game, but haven't noticed any problems. Playable
      Grandia III (USA) Has a PSN port, runs great.Playable
      Kingdom Hearts (USA)Runs great.Playable
      Kingdom Hearts II (USA)
      Kingdom Hearts II - Final Mix (JPN)
      In order to get past the "Hostile Program" boss, a special CONFIG file is required to get beyond the frozen health glitch.
      (See CONFIGS tab for file.)​
      Playable

Currently in queue:
      Grandia II
      Grandia Xtreme

Wild Arms 4
      Wild Arms 5

• [Updated 12/7/2018]
      Here, you can find custom CONFIG files for specific games.
      In order to use these files, you
      MUST BE USING PS2Classics_GUI V2.1 OR LATER!

Example
      [PS2 Title]
      [CONFIG]
      [Notes]

------------------------------------------

Star Ocean - Till the End of Time (USA)
      [STAROCEAN3_V2.SLUS_204.88 .config]
      Using the provided CONFIG file, turn of Smoothing in the settings after the game loads.
      This setting must be turned off each time the game is loaded.
      In combination, frame rates will be greatly increased, however there are still certain instances
      when the game may slow down such as during cut-scenes or on certain areas of a map.
      Battle seems to be less affected, and can be played without issue.

Kingdom Hearts II (USA)
      [KH2_universal.CONFIG]
      This CONFIG file addresses the HOSTILE PROGRAM glitch in the Space Paranoids world,
      in which the boss' health freezes at a certain point and prevents the player from progressing
      through the rest of the game.
      This file is specifically for the original version of Kingdom Hearts II.
      See Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix for the specific CONFIG file for that version.

Kingdom Hearts II - Final Mix (JPN)
      [SLPM_666.75.CONFIG]
      This CONFIG file addresses the HOSTILE PROGRAM glitch in the Space Paranoids world,
      in which the boss' health freezes at a certain point and prevents the player from progressing
      through the rest of the game.
      This file is specifically for the Final Mix version of Kingdom Hearts II (JPN).

------------------------------------------

If you have found any CONFIG files for titles that I have listed in PS2 Classics or have any other custom config files that you would like to share, feel free to contact me either by a reply or PM. I would like to create a central place where these files can be found & shared for convenience.​

• As I come across CONFIG files & test games, I will try to update this thread when possible. Eventually I may even expand the scope of other console generations. I am also learning how to edit CONFIG files in the hopes of creating better performance in certain titles.
      If any of the information that I have provided is of any particular use, please feel free to use it!​

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 11:53 AM
    krug, cygmon0, STLcardsWS and 4 others like this.
  2. 6,948
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    You can do this by config, no need to go to menu every time. I attached new config, try when you can.

Game have minor text issue because of bad string in one of files. It will display some mess instead of your name, iirc. Issue is also on real ps2. I will post config for that later. Not sure that other issues exist.

Custom config have included turn off smoothing command, which is highly recommended for that game.

Attached Files:

STLcardsWS, sandungas and Zazenora like this.
  3. 247
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    @kozarovv
    I'll try out that Config for Star Ocean today and replace the one I uploaded. I am also aware of the Wild Arms 3 problem you mentioned.
    I'll keep that in mind about changing the Smoothing setting via the Config file as well.
    Thanks for all the help & information! Should you share a Wild Arms 3 config, I'll be willing to test it as well. I wasn't able to find any CONFIG for it in the PS2Classics_GUI config folders.
    I haven't checked Radiata Stories since I figured out Star Ocean's performance, it makes sense that it would work on both titles considering these 2 games are (engine-wise) very similar.
    I'll update my information as I go through them today.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  4. 2,884
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Remember when you find a new working config you can ask @Zar (here in the forum) to upload the config to managunz github https://github.com/Zarh/ManaGunZ/tree/master/pkgfiles/USRDIR/sys/CONFIG/CUSTOM
    All the configs of this link are made by the community, and by now is like the centralized place where are collected

Managunz is a backup manager for CFW, but the other programs like the PS2 classics gui uses the configs from managunz github
    I guess eventually this will become a mess and every app will have a different selection of configs... but by now i think we are not at that point yet
    In psdevwiki are stored all this custom configs too (for the record and for historical purposes because it was needed to study them one by one to reach the point we are now)
    Lets say... we (the community) have a very small mess with all this colections of custom configs, but by now is partially under controll XD

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Zazenora likes this.
  5. 247
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    Nice! I've read a little about ManaGunZ, I wasn't aware of the repo & devwiki collection. The config files I've obtained separate from what comes in the PS2Classics_GUI set were found around the PSX-Place forum and 2 other communities.
    I'll add links of the collections to the Configs section for others to find, and I'm getting ready to check them out as well.
    Thanks for the information, I'll gladly inform @Zar should I come across any working better than what's on record.
    I haven't checked for the ones I've found so far, it's possible they're already in those collections.

I welcome all this information, I'm trying to be as accurate as I can while learning at the same time.

cygmon0, sandungas and Zar like this.
  6. 247
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    For anyone that's interested in this thread:
    I haven't been able to get much done with this or my other projects this past month or so, due to starting a new job that's got me working VERY early hours, as well as life.
    I am still working on it, albeit slowly however.
    I thank everyone that's contributed information and contacted me about various CONFIG files.

krug, cygmon0 and sandungas like this.
  7. 4
    Phantasmshot

Phantasmshot Forum Noob

Newbie here, quick question: How does one use config files? Is it during conversion?
    Thanks in advance

8. 2,884
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

For HAN you need to package the PS2 games in the official "PS2 classics" format, this allows to include a config for the game inside the PKG, and it needs to be a config in encrypted format
    The config is passed to the emulator when you boot the game

The diferences with CFW is the config is in decrypted format, and cobra passes it to the emulator

Zazenora likes this.
  9. 16
    krug

krug Forum Noob

This thread is a good idea, not everything is specified in the compatibility list, for example they mention Forbidden Siren 2 has a custom config that fixes spiky poligons, but if you use the ps2 internal upscaler there are huge black bars on the top and bottom. These are normally present because the developers didn't take advantage of the larger resolution of old pal tvs, but they're not this huge. Turning the upscaler off solves the issue, but it's a shame since you're stuck with 576p. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know, my ps2 struggles with dvd9 games and my only option is a han modded ps3
    Edit: i tried with the 60hz version of yakuza 2, it also displays black bars on top and bottom, maybe it's an issue with the emulator itself? I rarely play ps2 games on ps3 so i can't remember how official ps2 classics displayed. Setting it to 480p/576p fixes it so it's not that big of a deal

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018 at 7:39 AM
    Zazenora likes this.
  10. 247
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    You can think of these config files as a way to change the emulator's various settings, as you would have to do on a playstation emulator on the PC, except we don't have a pretty GUI as PC emulators do. There is also still a lot of unknowns about these files, so the more people that participate in learning how to edit and test new config files, the better compatibility we'll have for more games.
    I'm limited mainly to a bunch of RPG's lol, but should you or anyone else happen to come across a custom config file that improves compatibility better than what is already established right now, I highly encourage you to share them.

I've also updated this thread to add the Kingdom Hearts II & Kingdom Hearts II - Final Mix CONFIG files required for getting past the HOSTILE PROGRAM glitch.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018 at 11:54 AM
    cygmon0 and krug like this.