Good news comes from the libretro team, as the flagship project RetroArch matures to version 1.6.0 and the beloved PS3 version has been apart of the mix along with a new version for PS Vita / PlayStation TV (& other non playstation ports) as well. The PS3 version does not contain any new cores since some of the previous builds in v1.3 era (maybe one or two less like "81"), but the build overall does seem more polished and most features are working well from initial test, but you may encounter a few bugs which if you do its also good to report them. The Vita port continues to see developer Frangarcj lead the charge with speed in mind for this update, see the details about these ports and others as the libretro team continues evolving this multi-system emulator that seems to run on just about every popular platform out there.-STLcardsWS
- PlayStation Releases
- v1.6.0 - Changelog (All Platforms)
- Included Cores (Emulators)
- Other versions release note
PlayStation 3 port
- Sony might have just ended production of the PlayStation3 in Japan as of two days ago, but we are still supporting it for RetroArch regardless! The last stable release for RA PS3 was back in 1.3.6 days, so the remaining diehard PS3 jailbroken users will be glad to hear that 1.6.0 is available for PS3 right now!
- We are only supplying the DEX version. We will assume PS3 repackers will be able to make a CEX version out of this.
PS Vita / PlayStation TV Port
- Frangarcj has provided patches which fixes the slow file I/O speeds for the Vita port, an issue which afflicts a lot of homebrew on the Vita actually. Menu performance regressions should also be fixed. For instance, the menu was previously erroneously running at 30fps.
Here is a changelog of most of the things that changed (Across Platforms):
- AUTOSAVE/SRAM – Fix bug #3829 / #4820 (https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/3829)
- ENDIANNESS: Fixed database scanning. Should fix scanning on PS3/WiiU/Wii, etc.
- NET: Fix bug #4703 (https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/4703)
- ANDROID: Runtime permission checking
- ANDROID: Improve autoconf fallback
- ANDROID: Improve shield portable/gamepad device grouping workaround
- ANDROID: Allow remotes to retain OK/Cancel position when menu_swap_ok_cancel is enabled
- LOCALIZATION: Update/finish French translation LOCALIZATION: Update German translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update Japanese translation
- LOCALIZATION/GUI: Korean font should display properly now with XMB/MaterialUI’s default font
- MENU: Improved rendering for XMB ribbon; using additive blending (Vulkan/GL)
- OSX/MACOS: Fixes serious memory leak
- WINDOWS: Added WASAPI audio driver for low-latency audio. Both shared and exclusive mode.
- WINDOWS: Added RawInput input driver for low-latency, low-level input.
- WINDOWS: Core mouse input should be relative again in cores
- MISC: Various frontend optimizations.
- VIDEO: Fix threaded video regression; tickering of menu entries would no longer work.
- WII: Fix crashing issues which could occur with the dummy core
- WIIU: HID Controller support
- WIIU: XMB/MaterialUI menu driver support
- WIIU: Initial network/netplay support
- LOBBIES: Fallback to filename based matching if no CRC matches are found (for people making playlists by hand)
- LOBBIES: GUI refinement, show stop hosting when a host has been started, show disconnect when playing as client
- LOBBIES: if the game is already loaded it will try to connect directly instead of re-loading content (non-fullpath cores only)
- LOBBIES: unify both netplay menus
- THUMBNAILS: Thumbnails show up now in Load Content -> Collection, Information -> Database
- VITA: Fix slow I/O
- VITA: Fix 30fps menu (poke into input now instead of reading the entire input buffer which apparently is slow)
- VITA: Fix frame throttle
- VULKAN: Unicode font rendering support. Should fix bad character encoding for French characters, etc.
- VULKAN: Fix some crashes on loading some thumbnails
- AUDIO: Audio mixer support. Mix up to 8 streams with the game’s audio.
PlayStation 3 - Included Cores
PS Vita / PlayStation TV - Included Cores
PowerPC OSX port
- It’s also been a long time since we released a new build of the PowerPC OSX port. We have bundled the cores that have been ported to PowerPC inside the main app bundle. To use this version, you need at least MacOS X version 10.5 (Leopard) and a PowerPC Mac.
- The Wii port has received stability fixes amongst other things.
- Each and every RetroArch release is always a community effort. FIX94 and aliaspider have made numerous improvements to the WiiU version of RetroArch. For one, it has HID controller support now, which means you can use gamepads other than the default Wii U gamepads on it. There is also support for the XMB and MaterialUI menu drivers. There are some graphical touches missing from it such as shader effects though, so don’t expect to see the fancy ribbon animating on the WiiU yet.
- Overall, it is a big improvement on what went before. Netplay should also start to work on WiiU.
Windows version improvements
- Windows users now can use the WASAPI audio driver for the first time, which should allow for lower-latency audio. And if that isn’t enough, there is another successfully completed bounty, a RawInput input driver, which should allow for lower-latency low-level input.
- The Vulkan renderer has received some improvements. It should now support Unicode font rendering and render certain accented French characters correctly.
- There have been several localization improvements. The German and Japanese translations have been updated, and Korean text should finally display properly.
Here is a quick demonstration of how you use it:
- Now here is a real standout feature we are excited to tell you about! RetroArch now has a built-in audio mixer which allows you to mix up to 8 separate audio streams and splice them together with the game’s audio. To put it more simply, this means custom soundtrack support from inside RetroArch!
- Currently, there are a couple of limitations here –
- 1 – The only supported audio files so far are Ogg Vorbis files (.ogg) and regular Wave files (.wav). Over time, there will be more audio codecs supported.
- 2 – The audio mixer tracks will only play when the game is running. They will not play while inside the menu, unless you turn off ‘Pause when menu activated’ (Settings -> User Interface -> Menu).
- 3 – You can only mix up to 8 simultaneous audio streams so far. Looping is not yet available, neither is pausing an audio stream or changing a stream’s volume. All of these might be added in later versions of RetroArch though.
While the game is running, go to Load Content, and select a supported audio file (either an Ogg Vorbis .ogg file or a .wav file)
Select ‘Add to MIxer’. If the game is already running, this should start playing the music immediately and also add it to your music collection.
PS3 RetroArch 1.6.0 Released - PS3 Version is back & New Vita / PSTV Improvements
By kozarovv on Jun 1, 2017 at 2:09 AM
4.82 NoBD CFW Options ( REBUG / FERROX / OVERFLOW ) : Unable to boot Apps / Games from PS3 XMB?Here is a type of CFW for PlayStation 3 consoles with a broken BD Logic Board/Drive and contains an issue of not being able to boot anything from the PS3 XMB. It does not matter if the content is stored on the DISC or HDD, you can not launch anything from the XMB with PS3 Console's contain this defect. If that sounds like a PS3 console you have laying around or know someone who might have that issue, there is good news as there is an easy fix (Yes, Sony its easy and Sony should issue this patch themselves). Simply by disabling & patching the Disc drive, developer's in the PS3 community have found out this allows those otherwise useless consoles to launch items once again from the PS3 XMB, So play your purchased Content from PSN / Disc Backups ect/ Purchase things from PSN store/ play video & use services once again on your PS3. noBD CFW for a majority will never be used, but is a great option for PS3 owners that are otherwise stuck with a broken console that would only use would be a power hungry screensaver. So lets take a look at some of the NoBD CFW options and favors we have seen released to this pointContinue reading
TubeVita v1.02 [by thehero_] "The Return of YouTube on your PSVITA"Two years ago the YouTube application for PSVITA was deleted from the PlayStation Store along with support. I created a simple application that allows you to use YouTube directly from the web browser with the use of uri call and with easy functions. I also posted the code source on GitHub (editable by everyone) and the download availableContinue reading
REBUG 4.82.1: LITE Edition CFW (w/ Rebug Toolbox 2.02.15 + Cobra v7.54)Team Rebug has decided to release 4.82 REBUG - LITE EDITION, this is not a REBUG REX CFW. REX is a hybrid type of firmware that uses CEX (retail firmware) & DEX (debug firmware), DEX firmware usually takes some time after a firmware update to emerge into the public hand, this has not happened for 4.82 at this time. So, the team decided to release a 100% CEX based CFW for 4.82. This only make sense with an influx of new CFW user's looking for a quality CFW thanks to the PS3Xploit Nor/Nand Flash Writer for CFW Installs on 4.82 OFW. By default (after installation) this firmware acts similar to a "Standard CFW", but when REBUG TOOLBOX is installed (see tab below for details about REBUG Toolbox), you can toggle "ON" COBRA (v7.54) to make this a full fledged COBRA CFW with a simple Toggle Option in Rebug Toolbox, Cobra is essentially a payload that adds various features to the CFW, such as Background Plugin Support on boot, Local streaming of games, ISO Support (PS3/PS2/PS1/PSP/DVD/BD) are just a few of the many highlights that COBRA adds to a CFW ( all Features can be viewed in the COBRA tab.).Continue reading
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: