The libretro team has released a new update the PS3 port of RetroArch, supplying a DEX version for Custom Firmware users, ps3 dev & libretro Contributor @Ezio follows up that release with a CEX version and also a ODE version for user's who may be using one of the Opical Disc Emulators (ODE). This update comes equipped with the missing cores from v1.6.0 and this might be the first release for the PS3 to contain the o2em core, which is a simple Odyssey 2 & Videopac+ emulator for those wondering. but Ezio_PS does confirm the Atari ProSystem emulator is now fully working once again and for those who have been awaiting a fix to Neo Geo Pocket there is very good news about that core on the horizon View all the details and downloads available for Custom Firmware (CEX & DEX) and Optical Disc Emulator (aka ODE) versions of the popular multi-system emulator that now contains 27 libretro cores. (note: neo-geo pocket has incoming fix as Ezio explians).
RetroArch 1.6.3 (PS3)
General changelog (All Platforms)
- IOS: Fix GL regression – 32bit color format cores were no longer rendering
- CHEEVOS: Add support for N64 cheevos and other small fixes.
- CHEEVOS: Add ‘Achievements -> Achievements Verbose Mode’. Ability to display cheevos related messages in OSD, useful for RetroAchievements users.
- AUDIO: Audio mixer’s volume can now be independently increased/decreased, and muted.
- AUDIO: Mute now no longer disables/enables audio but instead properly mutes the audio volume. Mute is also independent from the audio mixer volume.
- INPUT: Add mouse index selection; ability now to select between different mice
- INPUT: Fix ‘All Users Control Menu’ setting
- LINUX: Add a tinyalsa audio driver. Doesn’t require asoundlib, should be self-contained and lower-level.
- LOBBIES: Announce the RetroArch version too
- LOCALIZATION: Add Traditional Chinese translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update French translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update Italian translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update Japanese translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update Russian translation
- MENU: Add ‘User Interface -> Views’. Ability to display/hide online updater and core updater options.
- NETPLAY: Disconnecting one client shouldn’t cause everyone to disconnect anymore
- NETWORK: SSL/TLS support, disabled by default
- SCANNER: Fix PS1 game scanning
- SCANNER: Move content list builder into scanner task with progress, fixes menu freeze with large playlists
- SDL2: Fix ‘SDL2 driver does not see the hat on wired Xbox 360 controller”
- SETTINGS: Fix regression ‘Custom Viewport is no longer overridable per-core or per-game’
- VITA: Add cheevos support
- VITA: Add support for external USB if mounted
- WAYLAND: Fix menu mouse input
- WII: Add support for single-port ‘PS1/PS2 to USB controller adapter’
- We have posted a DEX version. We hope that separate community members can convert this to CEX and then offer it to us so we can host it. (UPDATE see next TAB in article for CEX & ODE version)
This version is better than 1.6.0 since prosystem core works again fully.
Recently (about 2 days ago) ngp core has been fixed and it is again working on ps3 after several years. Latest time i saw it working was on RA 22.214.171.124 if i remember good. Anyway i'll build a little pkg including the fixed core in the next days, so ps3 users can enjoy again with it.
Included Cores: (much improved from version 1.6.0)
- RetroArch 1.6.3 (CFW-CEX ) - - -> (UPDATE - NEO GEO Pocket Core Fix >> Link)
- RetroArch 1.6.3 (CFW-DEX ) - - -> (UPDATE - NEO GEO Pocket Core Fix >> Link)
- Retroarch 1.6.3 (ODE)
UPDATE 2: Here is a more current version with additional fixes
PS3 RetroArch 1.6.3 - Improved PS3 Release from libretro
By STLcardsWS on Aug 4, 2017 at 6:40 PM
HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebeIs the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - October 2018 Progress ReportWell, that was fast. After they announced their (delayed) "Progress Report for September", the great Team behind RPCS3 didn't wanted to "leave you out in the rain" again. So here is the "October Progress Report" which shows again how much they are hard-working to make this Emulator better and better by making more PS3 Games compatible with their Emulator. And speaking about PS3 Games, if you watched the latest Progress Reports from the last few months closely, you will have probably recognized that with every new Progress Report, more and more AAA Titles were getting more Support and a better Compatibility from Time to Time, even with supporting a 4K Output Resolution. This month isn't a exception and the Team is proud to announce that "Yakuza Kenzan" is fully playable now. Now you will think: "Wait a Minute - I never heard about "Yakuza Kenzan" ??? That's right, this is one Game of the "Yakuza Series" which was released in Japan only as "Ryū ga Gotoku Kenzan" so it never saw a "Western Release". That's even cooler that such a AAA Game which wasn't available for most of the people are now playable for everyone, even with a higher Resolution as the original PS3 would be able to do so. How "Butt ugly" is this? :PContinue reading
New PS4 Exploit details from fail0verflow Team in "PS4 Aux Hax" Series - v4 Belize via CECThe great fail0verflow team is back at it again with the PlayStation 4 (PS4) and this time around they have detailed some new developments in part 4 of their "PS4 AUX HAX" Series, In the recent write-up of the series some interesting details were shared on something that could potentially lead to a current firmware exploit? Its very early but we do know that when the failOverflow team shares information its like "holding the nuts" at the poker table, its solid information always. We have seen them work on various gaming consoles in the past and they were no stranger to elevating the PS3 and were the pioneers of Linux on the PS4 and also helped provide key information for exploits on older PS4 firmware in the past as well, The PS4 is entering the later stages of its life cycle and new exploits are a welcome site for a struggling homebrew platform that could be so vibrant on a device with so much potential, but lacking an exploit that gives user's that current firmware window for explortation.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: