The libretro team has released a new update the PS3 port of RetroArch, supplying a DEX version for Custom Firmware users, ps3 dev & libretro Contributor @Ezio follows up that release with a CEX version and also a ODE version for user's who may be using one of the Opical Disc Emulators (ODE). This update comes equipped with the missing cores from v1.6.0 and this might be the first release for the PS3 to contain the o2em core, which is a simple Odyssey 2 & Videopac+ emulator for those wondering. but Ezio_PS does confirm the Atari ProSystem emulator is now fully working once again and for those who have been awaiting a fix to Neo Geo Pocket there is very good news about that core on the horizon View all the details and downloads available for Custom Firmware (CEX & DEX) and Optical Disc Emulator (aka ODE) versions of the popular multi-system emulator that now contains 27 libretro cores. (note: neo-geo pocket has incoming fix as Ezio explians).
RetroArch 1.6.3 (PS3)
General changelog (All Platforms)
- IOS: Fix GL regression – 32bit color format cores were no longer rendering
- CHEEVOS: Add support for N64 cheevos and other small fixes.
- CHEEVOS: Add ‘Achievements -> Achievements Verbose Mode’. Ability to display cheevos related messages in OSD, useful for RetroAchievements users.
- AUDIO: Audio mixer’s volume can now be independently increased/decreased, and muted.
- AUDIO: Mute now no longer disables/enables audio but instead properly mutes the audio volume. Mute is also independent from the audio mixer volume.
- INPUT: Add mouse index selection; ability now to select between different mice
- INPUT: Fix ‘All Users Control Menu’ setting
- LINUX: Add a tinyalsa audio driver. Doesn’t require asoundlib, should be self-contained and lower-level.
- LOBBIES: Announce the RetroArch version too
- LOCALIZATION: Add Traditional Chinese translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update French translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update Italian translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update Japanese translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update Russian translation
- MENU: Add ‘User Interface -> Views’. Ability to display/hide online updater and core updater options.
- NETPLAY: Disconnecting one client shouldn’t cause everyone to disconnect anymore
- NETWORK: SSL/TLS support, disabled by default
- SCANNER: Fix PS1 game scanning
- SCANNER: Move content list builder into scanner task with progress, fixes menu freeze with large playlists
- SDL2: Fix ‘SDL2 driver does not see the hat on wired Xbox 360 controller”
- SETTINGS: Fix regression ‘Custom Viewport is no longer overridable per-core or per-game’
- VITA: Add cheevos support
- VITA: Add support for external USB if mounted
- WAYLAND: Fix menu mouse input
- WII: Add support for single-port ‘PS1/PS2 to USB controller adapter’
- We have posted a DEX version. We hope that separate community members can convert this to CEX and then offer it to us so we can host it. (UPDATE see next TAB in article for CEX & ODE version)
This version is better than 1.6.0 since prosystem core works again fully.
Recently (about 2 days ago) ngp core has been fixed and it is again working on ps3 after several years. Latest time i saw it working was on RA 188.8.131.52 if i remember good. Anyway i'll build a little pkg including the fixed core in the next days, so ps3 users can enjoy again with it.
Included Cores: (much improved from version 1.6.0)
- RetroArch 1.6.3 (CFW-CEX ) - - -> (UPDATE - NEO GEO Pocket Core Fix >> Link)
- RetroArch 1.6.3 (CFW-DEX ) - - -> (UPDATE - NEO GEO Pocket Core Fix >> Link)
- Retroarch 1.6.3 (ODE)
UPDATE 2: Here is a more current version with additional fixes
PS3 RetroArch 1.6.3 - Improved PS3 Release from libretro
By STLcardsWS on Aug 4, 2017 at 6:40 PM
TheFlow cracks Vita Firmware 3.67 ("Will Release" but "Not Soon")TheFlow has brought some clarity on the recent updates (commits) made to VitaShell suggesting 3.67 Support, It is indeed true that 3.67 is now exploitable for the PS Vita and sibling devices the PlayStation TV (Vita TV). The dev has now confirmed on his official twitter (tweets below) that user and kernel access on Vita's 3.67 Firmware has been achieved, However, do note before you get too excited, the developer won't release till end of year, in what seems to be a move to wait out any future Vita firmware updates that may be on the horizon,. The dev has also stated (if time allows) the possibility to update HENkaku Enso to 3.65 for existing Vita user's, but in the future we might see all vita devices with a new window for exploiting .Its unclear if the recent Vita Bootloader Hack aided or had anything to with this hack but details are sure to emerge in the coming weeks and months What ya think about this announcement from TheFlow?
-STLcardsWS/ nCadeRegalContinue reading
Something good is going on in the PS Vita SceneIt appears "Something good is going on in the PS Vita Scene" says psx-place's own kozarovv, As the recent commits by xyz (team molecule member) and then TheFlow (VitaShell Creator) Github pages some rather interesting discoveries were found in those recent commits as also The_Hero (of Games&Consoles) points out about some new commits arising following the news from last week when Yifan lu (a member of Team Molecule) disclosed the new HENkaku Enso Bootloader Hack to the Vita Community. Since, it now appears there are some rather interesting developments coming to fruition in the Vita's ecosystem. Are we are likely in store for something big for the Vita Community, like 3.67 breakthroughs? It sure looks that way, currently, we are only making suggestions and concluding details from the commits across these Open Source Projects from elite vita devs. As these changes are signaling something is on the horizon. @kozarovv laid out some of the important bits of information that can be gather from those recent commits made available -STLcardsWSContinue reading
HENkaku Ensō bootloader hack for Vita [ by Team molecule]Team molecule is not done detailing information on the PS Vita / PlayStation TV / Vita TV, after the releases of HENkaku and then HENkaku Ensō Now developer Yifan Lu has detailed a write up detailing a new exploit titled HENkaku Ensō bootloader Hack, the information detailed could lift some of the restrictions hampered in the Vita's current environment. and even lead to a full blown 3.65 exploit (but that needs additional work the team is not interested in, but they hope others will be with this new info.) There is alot to read so i will let you get to the details yourself in the this well written piece by the developer, The topic we have broke up below in our tabs for easy reading, but you can also view the original format in the source link provided from Yifanlu's blog at bottom of the article.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: