Not only was RetroArch updated for exploited PS3 Consoles (CFW & ODE) but also the PS Vita / PlayStation TV port (with most other ports being updated as well). In this update of v1.6.3 the Vita platform has a couple new welcomed additions. The first being Cheevos Support (Achievements) & also then also External USB Support has been added to the mult-System emulator that comes bundled with plenty of Retro emulation that will take you back to the roots of gaming.. Truly has been great to see the success of a Homebrew on that runs on so many platforms that has a deep root in the PlayStation Homebrew Scene. The project continues to evolve even on this early port still for the Vita Platform.
PS Vita / PlayStation TV
- Not only has Cheevos support been added, but it’s also possible now to use external USB devices if they are mounted! In order to use RetroArch on Vita, you need a jailbroken PS Vita and/or PSTV. Instructions on how to do that can be found elsewhere and falls beyond the scope of this article.
General changelog (all platforms)
- IOS: Fix GL regression – 32bit color format cores were no longer rendering
- CHEEVOS: Add support for N64 cheevos and other small fixes.
- CHEEVOS: Add ‘Achievements -> Achievements Verbose Mode’. Ability to display cheevos related messages in OSD, useful for RetroAchievements users.
- AUDIO: Audio mixer’s volume can now be independently increased/decreased, and muted.
- AUDIO: Mute now no longer disables/enables audio but instead properly mutes the audio volume. Mute is also independent from the audio mixer volume.
- INPUT: Add mouse index selection; ability now to select between different mice
- INPUT: Fix ‘All Users Control Menu’ setting
- LINUX: Add a tinyalsa audio driver. Doesn’t require asoundlib, should be self-contained and lower-level.
- LOBBIES: Announce the RetroArch version too
- LOCALIZATION: Add Traditional Chinese translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update French translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update Italian translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update Japanese translation
- LOCALIZATION: Update Russian translation
- MENU: Add ‘User Interface -> Views’. Ability to display/hide online updater and core updater options.
- NETPLAY: Disconnecting one client shouldn’t cause everyone to disconnect anymore
- NETWORK: SSL/TLS support, disabled by default
- SCANNER: Fix PS1 game scanning
- SCANNER: Move content list builder into scanner task with progress, fixes menu freeze with large playlists
- SDL2: Fix ‘SDL2 driver does not see the hat on wired Xbox 360 controller”
- SETTINGS: Fix regression ‘Custom Viewport is no longer overridable per-core or per-game’
- VITA: Add cheevos support
- VITA: Add support for external USB if mounted
- WAYLAND: Fix menu mouse input
- WII: Add support for single-port ‘PS1/PS2 to USB controller adapter’
These are the included libretro cores (emulators)
Download: RetroArch (1.6.3) - VITA / PSTV
PS VITA / PS TV RetroArch v1.6.3 - Vita Port adds Cheevos (Achievements) & External USB Support
By STLcardsWS on Aug 4, 2017 at 11:26 PM
NIM - PS2 Edition [Port by Theldus]Its 2017 and the PlayStation 2 community continues adding new content, that keeps the system going with new interest.This time around developer Theldus adds a port of NIM to the library of PS2 Homebrew. This simple game is all about using your math skills in strategic pursuit to avoid being the last to make a move. The dev has shared a bit of information on the title and a bit about the projects development, so give it a look as this simple port is a welcome addition to the PS2 Community. -STLcardsWSContinue reading
OpenTTD [Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe] Ported to PS VitaOpenTTD is an open port of Transport Tycoon Deluxe that clones many of the original features of the business simulation game, Now thanks to developer angguss anyone with a exploited PS Vita / PlayStation TV running 3.60 FW can checkout this Open Sourced Clone. To get this running checkout the simple but important steps that the dev has lined out in his release notes attached below -STLcardsWSContinue reading
MLTactivator (by MiraLaTijera & Draqen) - An offline solution to activate your systemHere is an interesting release from a developer that veteran PS3 CFW users knows well. MiraLaTijera know for various advancements with MiraLaTijera CFW (aka MLT CFW) has now turn attention with Dragen to the Vita Platform with this handy utility called MLTactivator, which is an offline method for activating your PlayStation TV or PS Vita, Useful for various task such as helping untapping that potential in the onboard PSP emulator (within Vita fw) & more. -STLcardsWSContinue reading
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: