The libretro team has dropped the latest release of RetroArch with the arrival of version 1.7.4 (following 1.7.3 / 1.7.2) and it appears all/most supported platforms have seen a version bump and that includes the PS Vita (&pstv) / PlayStation 3 (PS3) & PlayStation Portable (PSP) with several platform spefic changes for those platforms. Also we see a good amount of global changes seen throughout all ports. While also some features being unavailable for some platforms. For all the changes and details checkout the info below and also the source link provided for the FULL RELEASE NOTES, as below is just a summary and some additional core info we provided.. How is the PS3 / PSP / VITA ports doing for you now in v1.7.4? Comment below and let us know your experiences..
images of RetroArch v1.7.4 on the PS3
RetroArch 1.7.4 has just been released! Grab it here (all platforms). This latest version has also been uploaded to the Google Play Store. This is the 32bit version. We also have a brand new 64bit version for users with 64bit capable devices. You can grab that one here. More on that version later!
If you’d like to show your support, consider donating to us. Check here in order to learn more.
Highlights (See release post for full details link, not all features are supported across all platforms)
- 64bit version of RetroArch Android
- Discord integration
- Read the blog article below for a more detailed indepth article on this feature > > >
- Desktop UI massively improved
- Create new playlists easily by drag and drop!
- (Windows only for now) In-app RetroArch update!
- Live shader editing with the desktop UI!
- Download all thumbnails for a playlist with Desktop UI!
- Core options in desktop UI!
- Sync To Exact Content Frame Rate – Ideal for G-Sync/FreeSync users!
- Read the blog article below for a more detailed indepth article on this feature > > >
- Cheat code searching/creation interface with rumble features
- Read the blog article below for a more detailed indepth article on this feature > > > libretro.com/,,,,,
- ANDROID: Add sustained performance mode, can be turned on/off in Power Management settings menu.
- ANDROID: Powerstate/battery level support.
- CHEEVOS: Fix crash when scrolling Achievement List while Unofficial Achievements enabled (#6732).
- CHEEVOS: Added hitcounts support for PauseIf/ResetIf (#6817).
- COMMON: Automatically hide “Configuration Override options” in Quick Menu.
- COMMON: Small Bugfix to not trigger savestate code when pressing Reset.
- COMMON: Added libsixel video driver.
- EMSCRIPTEN: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- HID/OSX: Fix to set hid device registration deterministic (#6497), to address issue #6640 re-adding dynamic device registration.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Italian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Japanese translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Polish translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Portuguese / Brazilian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Russian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Spanish translation.
- MIDI: Add MIDI support to the libretro API. Dosbox is the first proof of concept core implementing libretro MIDI.
- MIDI: Add a Windows driver for MIDI, based on winmm.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Qt QSlider styling for Dark Theme.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Remove button ghostly inside highlighting.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Initial grid view.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Drag&drop to add new playlist items, add option to add/edit/delete playlists.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Add menu option to update RetroArch (Windows only for now).
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Add menu option to manage shaders.
- MENU/QT/WIMP: Add menu option to manage core options.
- MENU/XMB: Add new icons for the settings
- MENU/XMB: Add an option to show the desktop ui
- METAL: Initial work-in-progress video driver for Metal. macOS-only right now, and currently requires macOS 10.13.
- METAL: Supports XMB/MaterialUI, has a menu display driver. Has a font rendering driver.
- METAL/SLANG: Slang shaders should be compatible with Metal video driver.
- NETWORK: Enable SSL/TLS support by default for desktop platforms.
- QNX: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- PS3: Add audio mixer support for FLAC and MP3.
- PSP: Use proper button labels, fix inverted R-Stick Y axis.
- REMAPS: Fix the way offsets are calculated for keyboard remapping.
- RUNAHEAD: Fix full-screen mode change breaking Secondary Core’s environment variables.
- RUNAHEAD: Deterministic input for RunAhead, guaranteed to match the last polled.
- VITA: Use proper button labels, fix inverted R-Stick Y axis.
- VITA: Add imc0: mount.
- VITA: Use sceCtrlIsMultiControllerSupported to detect.
- VULKAN: Fix two validation errors.
- VULKAN: Try to avoid creating swapchains redundantly. Should fix black screen and having to alt tab out of window again to get display working on Nvidia GPUs (Windows).
- VULKAN/OSX: Initial MoltenVK support. Not enabled yet, several MoltenVK bugs should be fixed first before we can have it fully working.
- WINDOWS/DINPUT: Add rumble support.
- WINDOWS/DINPUT: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- WINDOWS/RAWINPUT: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- X11: Fix Game Focus Toggle.
- WII: Change deflicker setting to work in 480p or higher, and always enables vfilter so that the user can easily change brightness.
- WIIU: Fix out-of-bounds rendering bug
- WIIU: Implement UDP broadcast network logging on Wii U.
- WIIU: Audio should no longer clip.
Included Cores (PS3 Version) v1.7.4
- cannonball_libretro_ps3 -- WARNING THIS CORE IS BUGGED>
- fuse_libretro_ps3 - Core is bugged and does not work.
- snes9x_libretro_ps3 - Supports MSU-1 Games >> Link
- tgbdual_libretro_ps3 - ISSUE - White Screen w/ Horse galloping type of noise when game is loaded.
- theodore_libretro_ps3 -- Instructions how to operate this core >> Link
Included Cores (PSP Version) v1.7.4
Included Cores (PS Vita / PlayStation TV Version) v1.7.4
- mame2003 plus
Download (all platforms): Retroarch.com/?page=platforms
Source / Full Release Notes can be found @: Libretro.com
RetroArch (PS3) Guide >>> psx-place.com
Note: this guide is still not 100% complete but alot of good info resides in the guide.
RetroArch v1.7.4 - PS3 / VITA / PSP & other platforms updated
By STLcardsWS on Aug 30, 2018 at 7:38 PM
HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebeIs the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - October 2018 Progress ReportWell, that was fast. After they announced their (delayed) "Progress Report for September", the great Team behind RPCS3 didn't wanted to "leave you out in the rain" again. So here is the "October Progress Report" which shows again how much they are hard-working to make this Emulator better and better by making more PS3 Games compatible with their Emulator. And speaking about PS3 Games, if you watched the latest Progress Reports from the last few months closely, you will have probably recognized that with every new Progress Report, more and more AAA Titles were getting more Support and a better Compatibility from Time to Time, even with supporting a 4K Output Resolution. This month isn't a exception and the Team is proud to announce that "Yakuza Kenzan" is fully playable now. Now you will think: "Wait a Minute - I never heard about "Yakuza Kenzan" ??? That's right, this is one Game of the "Yakuza Series" which was released in Japan only as "Ryū ga Gotoku Kenzan" so it never saw a "Western Release". That's even cooler that such a AAA Game which wasn't available for most of the people are now playable for everyone, even with a higher Resolution as the original PS3 would be able to do so. How "Butt ugly" is this? :PContinue reading
New PS4 Exploit details from fail0verflow Team in "PS4 Aux Hax" Series - v4 Belize via CECThe great fail0verflow team is back at it again with the PlayStation 4 (PS4) and this time around they have detailed some new developments in part 4 of their "PS4 AUX HAX" Series, In the recent write-up of the series some interesting details were shared on something that could potentially lead to a current firmware exploit? Its very early but we do know that when the failOverflow team shares information its like "holding the nuts" at the poker table, its solid information always. We have seen them work on various gaming consoles in the past and they were no stranger to elevating the PS3 and were the pioneers of Linux on the PS4 and also helped provide key information for exploits on older PS4 firmware in the past as well, The PS4 is entering the later stages of its life cycle and new exploits are a welcome site for a struggling homebrew platform that could be so vibrant on a device with so much potential, but lacking an exploit that gives user's that current firmware window for explortation.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: