The RetroArch emulation project continues to evolve, now progressing to version 1.7 across most supported platforms. This includes updates for the PS3, PSP & VITA/PSTV with various changes across each port. Looking at the PS3 port there has been some new changes and fixes that included a much improved font rendering, Now HTTP request are working which allows for some features such as Downloads & Core Updater to now be utilized on the PS3 Port & a ton of new changes and fixes. The PSP port seen a number of fixes and improvements, the first task was to get this port working again and a fix to content loading has made the port usable, then also the audio syncing issues have now been resolved. Also 64MB can now be used when avaiable and to round out the PSP changes and to segue in the VITA/PSTV changes the PSP port can now be used on Vita's Adrenaline and also for PS Vita / PlayStation TV you can now enjoy improved installation times and improved packaging of the homebrew: Checkout all the misc. changes and changes to other ports in the full RetroArch v1.7 Changelog
RetroArch 1.7.0 has just been released! Grab it here.
We here at RetroArch/Libretro wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
If you’d like to show your support, consider donating to us. Check here in order to learn more.
- CHEEVOS: Add badges for achievements, shows thumbnail images of achievements.
- CHEEVOS: Leaderboard support
- CHEEVOS: Only disable savestates on hardcore mode if achievements are not available.
- COMMANDLINE: Fix fullscreen toggle switch.
- COMMON: Add ‘Automatically Load Content To Playlist’ feature, enabled by default.
- COMMON: Fix slowmotion ratio always being reset back to 1.
- COMMON: Optimized NBIO implementations now for Apple, Windows, and Linux. Uses mmap for Linux/Windows/BSD if/when available. File I/O should now be much faster for loading images inside the menu.
- COMMON: Native Blissbox support now for latest firmware as of writing (2.0). Implementation through libusb and/or native Windows HID.
- COMMON: New lightgun API.
- COMMON: New VFS (Virtual File System) API.
- COMMON: Fixed some playlist bugs.
- COMMON: New snow shader.
- COMMON: Fix Quick Menu title, no longer shows ‘Select File’.
- COMMON: Fix loading cores that require no content one after another.
- COMMON: Map Delete key to Y button for non-unified menu keyboard controls.
- COMMON: Fix for relative paths being normalised and generating a duplicate history entry.
- EMSCRIPTEN: Fix references to browserfs.
- FREEBSD: Support libusb HID input driver.
- HAIKU: Buildfix.
- INPUT: Map clear button to DEL key.
- LINUX/X11: Add RetroArch logo to window title bar.
- LINUX/X11: Input driver now supports new lightgun code.
- LINUX/X11: Support window transparency (requires a compositing window manager).
- LOBBIES: Fix for crash on join netplay rooms via touch / glui.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Italian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Japanese translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Portuguese-Brazilian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Polish translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Russian translation.
- MENU: Snowflake menu shader effect.
- OSX/PPC: Fix the GL2 renderchain, had to use EXT versions of framebuffer/renderbuffer functions.
- PS3: HTTP requests / downloads should now work.
- PS3: Core Updater now works.
- PS3: Improved font rendering, enable STB Unicode font renderer.
- PSP: Make it work with Vita’s Adrenaline.
- PSP: Fix audio sync.
- PSP: Fix content loading, port should be functional again.
- PSP: Use 64MB when available.
- SCANNER: Fix crash from Windows-incompatible format string.
- VITA: Improve packaging, installation times.
- WIIU: Disabled the controller patcher for now since it was the source of many stability issues.
- VULKAN: Various stability fixes for WSI.
- WINDOWS: Add MSVC 2017 solution.
- WINDOWS: Get rid of the empty console window in MSVC 2010 builds.
- WINDOWS: Raw input driver now supports new lightgun code.
- WINDOWS: Use configured OSD/text message color on GDI driver.
- WINDOWS/XINPUT: Populate XInput VID/PID from DInput so autoconfig doesn’t rely solely on joypad names
- WINDOWS/XINPUT: Fix crash that occurs in some situations with Steam running and a Steam Controller plugged in.
- WINDOWS: Improve version reporting under System Information.
- WINDOWS: Support window transparency.
- WINDOWS: Correct usage of GetWindowPlacement per MS docs, fixes game window position on Win95/98.
- WINDOWS: Added Visual Studio 2017 support.
So many important improvements that have been made to the PlayStation3 port as a result of our newfound friendly collaboration with an RPCS3 dev:
Improved PlayStation 3 port
clienthax from the @rpcs3 team has helped us significantly improve RetroArch PS3! Core Updater, netplay and downloading assets and other files is now supported! And you can run it with the @rpcs3 emulator itself of course!
- Downloads now work
- Netplay now works. You can netplay between two PS3s, or with another system that is also of the big-endian architecture. For instance – netplay between RetroArch PS3 and RetroArch Wii U works. NOTE: There might still be some endian-specific code in certain cores that can cause bugs.
- Content Downloader works. You can download many demos and freeware homebrew games from this.
- Thumbnail Downloader works. You can download boxarts and titles/snaps for your games from here.
- Core Updater works. Now you can directly download freshly updated cores directly through the built-in Core Updater. New cores will be added over time, and best of all, you don’t need to install a new RetroArch version in order to obtain these new cores either.
- Improved font rendering inside the menu. Non-Western languages are now also supported by this improved font rendering, including Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Russian, etc.
PSP port works again
RetroArch PSP will work again for version 1.7.0 thanks to @frangar! This is a picture of it running inside the standalone version of PPSSPP, the PSP emulator.
There’s a ton more that we have properly not covered in this blog article, but we leave it up to the user to discover that for themselves.
What’s coming next for RetroArch
We will have a separate blog post on this soon, as well as more separate blog articles detailing some of the other progress that has been made on the cores front.
Downloads @: retroarch.com
Source (& FULL v1.7 Release Notes): libretro.com
Update NEW DL Links & Version (v1.7.1)
PlayStation News RetroArch v1.7 Release: PS3 / PSP / VITA / PlayStation TV Ports Updated + Other Platforms
By STLcardsWS on Dec 26, 2017 at 3:19 PM
SEN Enabler v6.2.1 - Includes 4.84 Spoof to regain PSN AccessDeveloper @Evilnat was quick to provide a Spoofing solution for 4.83 (& lower) CFW user's who may be making the wise decision of staying on a lower firmware and not so quick to jump to a 4.84 CFW right away that does not have the various supplemental homebrew's and tools updated for 4.84 yet. If you want to stay on top of those release's be sure to checkout this thread in the forum. The Spoof in SEN Enabler allows for a lower firmware to connect to PSN, but also note that it could be a potential trigger for a PSN ban so be aware of that when spoofing. For more info about SEN Enabler you can always checkout the official release and support thread located here in the psx-place forums.Continue reading
4.84 OFW Released - Beware do not updatePlayStation 3 had an official firmware update released with the drop of system update 4.84. Below i provided a small chart for people on other firmwares and their hacks. Currently it unknown what prompted the update, could of been a simple maintenance update, which what appears to be the case on initial inspections. Could the update have something to do with PS Plus *Buy Games from PlayStation Store* ending on the service? Very well could be but that is speculation at this point. PSX-Place will keep you updated of all the changes this update brings. The update has not patched the recent StoreHaxx release which is not something most will use as its simply an IDPS dumper currently (w/ other potentials possiable). Even on 4.83 and looking to exploit, you may want to wait to update until devs in this thread mainly @bguerville and @esc0rtd3w give the okay.
Checkout this thread for FUTURE 4.84 releated released.
Save The Scene v1.1 (Homebrew Game) released by Lapy05575948Cuban developer Lapy05575948 (aka Lapy Games) following the first homebrew release for the PS4 which was a Flappy Bird Clone called Lapy's Chicken . Now the game creator follows that game up with another in yesterday's release with v1.0 of a new PS4 Homebrew Game titled "Save The Scene" and a quick update of v1.1 followed today (that decreased the difficulty that was set a bit high in v1.0). Under the hood the game is built with Unity 3d and is an original creation by the developer for the PS4 along with a Windows version that has been created.as well. The premise of this game surrounds around an evil entity attacking the scene and you must save some of these devs by stopping the bombs (by selecting the right button before the bomb falls) from exploding on their heads . If you prove your are the "chosen one" you may get a working exploit (in the game world lol). There is some enjoyable design elements to this title that were brought to the game by the developer (Lapy05575948) and Xalgovia. Plus for your listening pleasures in this title we can thank retrogamer74 for the sound affects. Included below is video footage/screenshots of this game in action. This PS4 Homebrew requires an exploited PS4 Console (on 5.05 FW) .Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- User Record:
- Latest Member: