The RetroArch emulation project continues to evolve, now progressing to version 1.7 across most supported platforms. This includes updates for the PS3, PSP & VITA/PSTV with various changes across each port. Looking at the PS3 port there has been some new changes and fixes that included a much improved font rendering, Now HTTP request are working which allows for some features such as Downloads & Core Updater to now be utilized on the PS3 Port & a ton of new changes and fixes. The PSP port seen a number of fixes and improvements, the first task was to get this port working again and a fix to content loading has made the port usable, then also the audio syncing issues have now been resolved. Also 64MB can now be used when avaiable and to round out the PSP changes and to segue in the VITA/PSTV changes the PSP port can now be used on Vita's Adrenaline and also for PS Vita / PlayStation TV you can now enjoy improved installation times and improved packaging of the homebrew: Checkout all the misc. changes and changes to other ports in the full RetroArch v1.7 Changelog
RetroArch 1.7.0 has just been released! Grab it here.
We here at RetroArch/Libretro wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
If you’d like to show your support, consider donating to us. Check here in order to learn more.
- CHEEVOS: Add badges for achievements, shows thumbnail images of achievements.
- CHEEVOS: Leaderboard support
- CHEEVOS: Only disable savestates on hardcore mode if achievements are not available.
- COMMANDLINE: Fix fullscreen toggle switch.
- COMMON: Add ‘Automatically Load Content To Playlist’ feature, enabled by default.
- COMMON: Fix slowmotion ratio always being reset back to 1.
- COMMON: Optimized NBIO implementations now for Apple, Windows, and Linux. Uses mmap for Linux/Windows/BSD if/when available. File I/O should now be much faster for loading images inside the menu.
- COMMON: Native Blissbox support now for latest firmware as of writing (2.0). Implementation through libusb and/or native Windows HID.
- COMMON: New lightgun API.
- COMMON: New VFS (Virtual File System) API.
- COMMON: Fixed some playlist bugs.
- COMMON: New snow shader.
- COMMON: Fix Quick Menu title, no longer shows ‘Select File’.
- COMMON: Fix loading cores that require no content one after another.
- COMMON: Map Delete key to Y button for non-unified menu keyboard controls.
- COMMON: Fix for relative paths being normalised and generating a duplicate history entry.
- EMSCRIPTEN: Fix references to browserfs.
- FREEBSD: Support libusb HID input driver.
- HAIKU: Buildfix.
- INPUT: Map clear button to DEL key.
- LINUX/X11: Add RetroArch logo to window title bar.
- LINUX/X11: Input driver now supports new lightgun code.
- LINUX/X11: Support window transparency (requires a compositing window manager).
- LOBBIES: Fix for crash on join netplay rooms via touch / glui.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Italian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Japanese translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Portuguese-Brazilian translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Polish translation.
- LOCALIZATION: Update Russian translation.
- MENU: Snowflake menu shader effect.
- OSX/PPC: Fix the GL2 renderchain, had to use EXT versions of framebuffer/renderbuffer functions.
- PS3: HTTP requests / downloads should now work.
- PS3: Core Updater now works.
- PS3: Improved font rendering, enable STB Unicode font renderer.
- PSP: Make it work with Vita’s Adrenaline.
- PSP: Fix audio sync.
- PSP: Fix content loading, port should be functional again.
- PSP: Use 64MB when available.
- SCANNER: Fix crash from Windows-incompatible format string.
- VITA: Improve packaging, installation times.
- WIIU: Disabled the controller patcher for now since it was the source of many stability issues.
- VULKAN: Various stability fixes for WSI.
- WINDOWS: Add MSVC 2017 solution.
- WINDOWS: Get rid of the empty console window in MSVC 2010 builds.
- WINDOWS: Raw input driver now supports new lightgun code.
- WINDOWS: Use configured OSD/text message color on GDI driver.
- WINDOWS/XINPUT: Populate XInput VID/PID from DInput so autoconfig doesn’t rely solely on joypad names
- WINDOWS/XINPUT: Fix crash that occurs in some situations with Steam running and a Steam Controller plugged in.
- WINDOWS: Improve version reporting under System Information.
- WINDOWS: Support window transparency.
- WINDOWS: Correct usage of GetWindowPlacement per MS docs, fixes game window position on Win95/98.
- WINDOWS: Added Visual Studio 2017 support.
So many important improvements that have been made to the PlayStation3 port as a result of our newfound friendly collaboration with an RPCS3 dev:
Improved PlayStation 3 port
clienthax from the @rpcs3 team has helped us significantly improve RetroArch PS3! Core Updater, netplay and downloading assets and other files is now supported! And you can run it with the @rpcs3 emulator itself of course!
- Downloads now work
- Netplay now works. You can netplay between two PS3s, or with another system that is also of the big-endian architecture. For instance – netplay between RetroArch PS3 and RetroArch Wii U works. NOTE: There might still be some endian-specific code in certain cores that can cause bugs.
- Content Downloader works. You can download many demos and freeware homebrew games from this.
- Thumbnail Downloader works. You can download boxarts and titles/snaps for your games from here.
- Core Updater works. Now you can directly download freshly updated cores directly through the built-in Core Updater. New cores will be added over time, and best of all, you don’t need to install a new RetroArch version in order to obtain these new cores either.
- Improved font rendering inside the menu. Non-Western languages are now also supported by this improved font rendering, including Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Russian, etc.
PSP port works again
RetroArch PSP will work again for version 1.7.0 thanks to @frangar! This is a picture of it running inside the standalone version of PPSSPP, the PSP emulator.
There’s a ton more that we have properly not covered in this blog article, but we leave it up to the user to discover that for themselves.
What’s coming next for RetroArch
We will have a separate blog post on this soon, as well as more separate blog articles detailing some of the other progress that has been made on the cores front.
Downloads @: retroarch.com
Source (& FULL v1.7 Release Notes): libretro.com
Update NEW DL Links & Version (v1.7.1)
PlayStation News RetroArch v1.7 Release: PS3 / PSP / VITA / PlayStation TV Ports Updated + Other Platforms
By STLcardsWS on Dec 26, 2017 at 3:19 PM
HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebeIs the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - October 2018 Progress ReportWell, that was fast. After they announced their (delayed) "Progress Report for September", the great Team behind RPCS3 didn't wanted to "leave you out in the rain" again. So here is the "October Progress Report" which shows again how much they are hard-working to make this Emulator better and better by making more PS3 Games compatible with their Emulator. And speaking about PS3 Games, if you watched the latest Progress Reports from the last few months closely, you will have probably recognized that with every new Progress Report, more and more AAA Titles were getting more Support and a better Compatibility from Time to Time, even with supporting a 4K Output Resolution. This month isn't a exception and the Team is proud to announce that "Yakuza Kenzan" is fully playable now. Now you will think: "Wait a Minute - I never heard about "Yakuza Kenzan" ??? That's right, this is one Game of the "Yakuza Series" which was released in Japan only as "Ryū ga Gotoku Kenzan" so it never saw a "Western Release". That's even cooler that such a AAA Game which wasn't available for most of the people are now playable for everyone, even with a higher Resolution as the original PS3 would be able to do so. How "Butt ugly" is this? :PContinue reading
New PS4 Exploit details from fail0verflow Team in "PS4 Aux Hax" Series - v4 Belize via CECThe great fail0verflow team is back at it again with the PlayStation 4 (PS4) and this time around they have detailed some new developments in part 4 of their "PS4 AUX HAX" Series, In the recent write-up of the series some interesting details were shared on something that could potentially lead to a current firmware exploit? Its very early but we do know that when the failOverflow team shares information its like "holding the nuts" at the poker table, its solid information always. We have seen them work on various gaming consoles in the past and they were no stranger to elevating the PS3 and were the pioneers of Linux on the PS4 and also helped provide key information for exploits on older PS4 firmware in the past as well, The PS4 is entering the later stages of its life cycle and new exploits are a welcome site for a struggling homebrew platform that could be so vibrant on a device with so much potential, but lacking an exploit that gives user's that current firmware window for explortation.Continue reading
Share This Page
Latest: Anthonyy817, Nov 15, 2018 at 1:18 AM
Latest: JOJOBA, Nov 15, 2018 at 12:53 AM
Latest: Pickalo, Nov 15, 2018 at 12:38 AM
Latest: Anthonyy817, Nov 14, 2018 at 11:29 PM
Latest: PattrickH, Nov 14, 2018 at 9:31 PM
Latest: Coldheart2236, Nov 14, 2018 at 9:00 PM
Latest: JoaoMattos, Nov 14, 2018 at 8:54 PM
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
ALL OpenBOR OPL ready ISOs -Neill Corlett