PlayStation News RetroArch v1.7 Release: PS3 / PSP / VITA / PlayStation TV Ports Updated + Other Platforms

Discussion in 'General PlayStation News' started by STLcardsWS, Dec 26, 2017.

By STLcardsWS on Dec 26, 2017 at 3:19 PM
  1. 7,078
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

The RetroArch emulation project continues to evolve, now progressing to version 1.7 across most supported platforms. This includes updates for the PS3, PSP & VITA/PSTV with various changes across each port. Looking at the PS3 port there has been some new changes and fixes that included a much improved font rendering, Now HTTP request are working which allows for some features such as Downloads & Core Updater to now be utilized on the PS3 Port & a ton of new changes and fixes. The PSP port seen a number of fixes and improvements, the first task was to get this port working again and a fix to content loading has made the port usable, then also the audio syncing issues have now been resolved. Also 64MB can now be used when avaiable and to round out the PSP changes and to segue in the VITA/PSTV changes the PSP port can now be used on Vita's Adrenaline and also for PS Vita / PlayStation TV you can now enjoy improved installation times and improved packaging of the homebrew: Checkout all the misc. changes and changes to other ports in the full RetroArch v1.7 Changelog

• RetroArch 1.7.0 has just been released! Grab it here.
      We here at RetroArch/Libretro wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
      If you’d like to show your support, consider donating to us. Check here in order to learn more.​

General changelog
      • CHEEVOS: Add badges for achievements, shows thumbnail images of achievements.
      • CHEEVOS: Leaderboard support
      • CHEEVOS: Only disable savestates on hardcore mode if achievements are not available.
      • COMMANDLINE: Fix fullscreen toggle switch.
      • COMMON: Add ‘Automatically Load Content To Playlist’ feature, enabled by default.
      • COMMON: Fix slowmotion ratio always being reset back to 1.
      • COMMON: Optimized NBIO implementations now for Apple, Windows, and Linux. Uses mmap for Linux/Windows/BSD if/when available. File I/O should now be much faster for loading images inside the menu.
      • COMMON: Native Blissbox support now for latest firmware as of writing (2.0). Implementation through libusb and/or native Windows HID.
      • COMMON: New lightgun API.
      • COMMON: New VFS (Virtual File System) API.
      • COMMON: Fixed some playlist bugs.
      • COMMON: New snow shader.
      • COMMON: Fix Quick Menu title, no longer shows ‘Select File’.
      • COMMON: Fix loading cores that require no content one after another.
      • COMMON: Map Delete key to Y button for non-unified menu keyboard controls.
      • COMMON: Fix for relative paths being normalised and generating a duplicate history entry.
      • EMSCRIPTEN: Fix references to browserfs.
      • FREEBSD: Support libusb HID input driver.
      • HAIKU: Buildfix.
      • INPUT: Map clear button to DEL key.
      • LINUX/X11: Add RetroArch logo to window title bar.
      • LINUX/X11: Input driver now supports new lightgun code.
      • LINUX/X11: Support window transparency (requires a compositing window manager).
      • LOBBIES: Fix for crash on join netplay rooms via touch / glui.
      • LOCALIZATION: Update Italian translation.
      • LOCALIZATION: Update Japanese translation.
      • LOCALIZATION: Update Portuguese-Brazilian translation.
      • LOCALIZATION: Update Polish translation.
      • LOCALIZATION: Update Russian translation.
      • MENU: Snowflake menu shader effect.
      • OSX/PPC: Fix the GL2 renderchain, had to use EXT versions of framebuffer/renderbuffer functions.
      • PS3: HTTP requests / downloads should now work.
      • PS3: Core Updater now works.
      • PS3: Improved font rendering, enable STB Unicode font renderer.
      • PSP: Make it work with Vita’s Adrenaline.
      • PSP: Fix audio sync.
      • PSP: Fix content loading, port should be functional again.
      • PSP: Use 64MB when available.
      • SCANNER: Fix crash from Windows-incompatible format string.
      • VITA: Improve packaging, installation times.
      • WIIU: Disabled the controller patcher for now since it was the source of many stability issues.
      • VULKAN: Various stability fixes for WSI.
      • WINDOWS: Add MSVC 2017 solution.
      • WINDOWS: Get rid of the empty console window in MSVC 2010 builds.
      • WINDOWS: Raw input driver now supports new lightgun code.
      • WINDOWS: Use configured OSD/text message color on GDI driver.
      • WINDOWS/XINPUT: Populate XInput VID/PID from DInput so autoconfig doesn’t rely solely on joypad names
      • WINDOWS/XINPUT: Fix crash that occurs in some situations with Steam running and a Steam Controller plugged in.
      • WINDOWS: Improve version reporting under System Information.
      • WINDOWS: Support window transparency.
      • WINDOWS: Correct usage of GetWindowPlacement per MS docs, fixes game window position on Win95/98.
      • WINDOWS: Added Visual Studio 2017 support.

RetroArch_PlayStation _3_PS3.jpg
      Improved PlayStation 3 port
      clienthax from the @rpcs3 team has helped us significantly improve RetroArch PS3! Core Updater, netplay and downloading assets and other files is now supported! And you can run it with the @rpcs3 emulator itself of course!

So many important improvements that have been made to the PlayStation3 port as a result of our newfound friendly collaboration with an RPCS3 dev:
      • Downloads now work
      • Netplay now works. You can netplay between two PS3s, or with another system that is also of the big-endian architecture. For instance – netplay between RetroArch PS3 and RetroArch Wii U works. NOTE: There might still be some endian-specific code in certain cores that can cause bugs.
      • Content Downloader works. You can download many demos and freeware homebrew games from this.
      • Thumbnail Downloader works. You can download boxarts and titles/snaps for your games from here.
      • Core Updater works. Now you can directly download freshly updated cores directly through the built-in Core Updater. New cores will be added over time, and best of all, you don’t need to install a new RetroArch version in order to obtain these new cores either.
      • Improved font rendering inside the menu. Non-Western languages are now also supported by this improved font rendering, including Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Russian, etc.
      DR7_kUhW4AIDZ9b.jpg

PSP port works again
      DQ2IwiKW4AAROpd.jpg

RetroArch PSP will work again for version 1.7.0 thanks to @frangar! This is a picture of it running inside the standalone version of PPSSPP, the PSP emulator.

There’s more

There’s a ton more that we have properly not covered in this blog article, but we leave it up to the user to discover that for themselves.

What’s coming next for RetroArch

We will have a separate blog post on this soon, as well as more separate blog articles detailing some of the other progress that has been made on the cores front.​

Downloads @: retroarch.com

Source (& FULL v1.7 Release Notes):
    libretro.com

Update NEW DL Links & Version (v1.7.1)
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/retroarch-v1-7-1-cheevos-achievement-support-added-for-ps3.16468/

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'General PlayStation News' started by STLcardsWS, Dec 26, 2017.

1. TONY-T
      TONY-T
      Awesome! Will check this out. Thanks for the hard work guys!
    2. Redemp
      Redemp
      I think you forgot to scroll down and read the rest of the news.

Improved PlayStation3 port

So many important improvements that have been made to the PlayStation3 port as a result of our newfound friendly collaboration with an RPCS3 dev:
      • Downloads now work
      • Netplay now works. You can netplay between two PS3s, or with another system that is also of the big-endian architecture. For instance – netplay between RetroArch PS3 and RetroArch Wii U works. NOTE: There might still be some endian-specific code in certain cores that can cause bugs.
      • Content Downloader works. You can download many demos and freeware homebrew games from this.
      • Thumbnail Downloader works. You can download boxarts and titles/snaps for your games from here.
      • Core Updater works. Now you can directly download freshly updated cores directly through the built-in Core Updater. New cores will be added over time, and best of all, you don’t need to install a new RetroArch version in order to obtain these new cores either.
      • Improved font rendering inside the menu. Non-Western languages are now also supported by this improved font rendering, including Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Russian, etc.
      buj..., STLcardsWS, Naut and 2 others like this.
    3. Drag
      Drag
      to save state is with bug in the ssnes, ps3
    4. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      @STLcardsWS
      Redemp and STLcardsWS like this.
    5. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Opps, Added,Thanks @Redemp & @bitsbubba )
      Redemp and bitsbubba like this.
    6. buj...
      buj...
      tnx to all for the awensome update...!!

fb alpha issues in sound in:
      marvel vs street fighters
      kof 2002 (T-T... my favorite game...xD)
      metal slug 3
      garou mark of the wolve

some times launchs the games and others only frezzing.... (is so unestable...xp) in the version 1.6.9 fb alpha work realy greats... (any have 1.6.9 dex pkg...?? i delete from my usb [and uninstal] to download the new 1.7.0... and i like try 1.6.9 as a base to update... in the past solve me little bugs...)

and for me Snes not save bug... the bug is in load... lost the sound...and give me black screen after complet level... (same bug is in 1.6.9...)
      Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    7. frozen99
      frozen99
      So, there will be an Ezio fix for 1.7?
    8. joegordon420
      joegordon420
      Hey folks ingot retro arch installed on my ps3 cfw. I'm loving playing the old school Mario games with my kids! I have a question though. I grabbed a .cht file (cheat file) for Super Mario World SNES...but I have no idea what to do with the cht file..where does it go? What do I do with it? If this is the wrong place to ask, I apologize. But I can't figure this out for the life of me.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    9. prican25
      prican25
      Nice that Retroarch is back on PS3 but man they really need to update the core for FBA to the latest version and its missing the MAME 2003 core as the MAME 2000 core barely works on games that barely use up memory like Donkey Kong. Think I'll still with Ezio's 167 version.
    10. buj...
      buj...
      the best way is a dirty instal...
      Ezio 1.6.7 version... + new 1.70... (not more issues sound on fb alpha, not missing cores and working downloads...)
      [sorry for my bad enghlis...xp]
      Zar likes this.
    11. Xplaya
      Xplaya
      Can you explain how you achieved this?
      Install 1.7.0 then extract 1.6.7 corefiles on top?
    12. buj...
      buj...
      only install... first Ezio 1.6.7 (not uninstall) and then install 1.70.
    13. JediKnight007
      JediKnight007
      There are a few new cores since the last official release...

mGBA (GBA, GBC, GB) - works, some games that don't work with the VBA core (Corvette, Hot Wheels Stunt Racer Challenge, kill.switch) work with this core.

Pokemini (Pokemon Mini) - works, need Pokemon Mini bios file. Pokemon Mini was apparently a Game-and-Watch type thing with slightly better graphics and sound (I've never heard of it).

Fuse (ZX Spectrum) - only tried one game, it didn't load.

Tyrquake now supports music tracks. Also has support for the Quoth addon mod.
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    14. TremoTM
      TremoTM
      I have problems with audio. When I save state and load, the audio desappears, happens on snes all games. Anyone have that problem or know how can I fix it??
    15. JediKnight007
      JediKnight007
      Yep, that's the same bug that has been reappearing for a while now, nothing to do but wait until it gets fixed (again).
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    16. ex05
      ex05
      Greetings,

Is someone able to set up backgrounds/wallpapers in retroarch 1.7.0 ps3 port? Or is this feature broken?

(User Interface -> Appearance -> Background)

Retroarch is giving me a "No items" statement when I browse to the png folder.

Thanks.
      Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    17. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      I only tried one image but i noticed earlier today prior to seeing this, i thought maybe was my image. I believe mine was a .jpg and it worked in earlier versions.

A work around for this is to add the path in the retroarch.cfg manually.
      Just FTP over to your PC from PS3 (SSNES10000 folder) and open the retroarch.cfg and find the background path option and you should be able to add any location you like.
      ex05 likes this.
    18. ex05
      ex05
      Thank you for your reply. I've tried searching the retroarch.cfg file to look for the wallpaper/background input line but I couldn't find it. Maybe because it does not exist or maybe (most probably) due to my own ignorance. I could find a line that lets you set up the "dynamic wallpapers" path, so I pointed it to the wallpapers folder: "dynamic_wallpapers_directory = "/dev_hdd0/game/SSNE10000/USRDIR/cores/assets/wallpapers". But it made no difference.

I was able to set up overlays using retroarch, though: it browses the overlays folder and finds images of any type (png, jpg), correctly setting them up.

When I browse for a background, Retroarch seems to be looking for a rom file type because it only displays bin, md, smc, iso, etc, file types.

Anyway, my aim was to set up a different custom background for each core (nes, genesis, snes).

Thanks!
    19. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      just looked the option is there (did not try and see if it works but should, that is the path from earlier versions.)
      "menu_wallpaper = "" "

You should be able to add your image path (location) in that option. Its near the bottom of ther CFG file. (You can open the CFG in Wordpad or something and then save and then open in Notepad. Will align the rows instead of being a wall of text.

Using a new one by core, now i know each core can have its own CFG file that can be created and loaded with that core., BUT I AM NOT 100% if that will allow for all the options or just emu type options. I have Never config core by core much. .

Yea i am sure its a small bug
      Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
      ex05 likes this.