PS3 RPCS3 - A Great PS3 Emulator (April 2017 Progress & Status)

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by Death_Dealer, May 13, 2017.

By Death_Dealer on May 13, 2017 at 1:02 PM
  1. 171
    Death_Dealer

Death_Dealer Reverse Engineer Developer

Ive been using this emulator for Minecraft :Elite Edition Tools development and i have not seen anything about it here. This is the only legitimate PS3 emulator and i feel the dev's behind the project need more recognition for their work. Alot of AAA title do not run, But just as any other emulator they are making breakthrough's all the time. You can checkout the latest progress and previous reports within the official blog (link at bottom of article) if you have not already been keeping a steady eye on this project. Also, donate if you can, it helps the developers to make progress:.

compatB_apr2017.png
    View Official Compatibility Chart via this link

• The History of RPCS3
      RPCS3 is an open-source Sony PlayStation 3 emulator and debugger written in C++ for Windows and Linux. The project began development on May 23rd, 2011 and currently sports modern Vulkan, DirectX 12 and OpenGL graphic APIs. The emulator is capable of booting and playing over 500 commercial games as well as official PlayStation 3 SDK samples. With each and every contribution and donation, more and more games are becoming closer and closer to either booting or full play-ability.

April 2017 Progress Report:
      April was a very eventful month for RPCS3. The goal of this progress report is to highlight some of the more notable or interesting developments of the project. The report will start by showcasing a selection of games that were improved in one way or another. Thereafter we will summarize what work each contributor did this month.

Since the last progress report, approximately 18 authors have made 104 commits, added 9,621 new lines of code and deleted 1,904 lines of code.

compatA_apr2017.png

Continue Reading Aprils Full Report via official blog

Update (by STLcardsWS): @kozarovv & @bguerville pointed out the Nucleus Project with has shown some updates in recent months, that is worth checking out as well : https://github.com/AlexAltea/nucleus

Source & Download @:
    rpcs3.net

Official Blog: rpcs3.net/blog/

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by Death_Dealer, May 13, 2017.

1. bguerville
      bguerville
      I tend to agree with the OP...
      This emulator does not get talked about very much, I cannot even remember the last time I read a mention of it.
      It probably deserves better...
      gDrive, UniqueUserName and STLcardsWS like this.
    2. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Yes you are right we been a bit light on this emu , your post help out alot for us :) .. So if you or anyone see something we are lacing a simple post will go a long way.

Not many of us are writing news so it can be extremely difficult to cover everything and we have alot of coverage here and there is stuff to still miss .

Help like this goes long ways :)
      Death_Dealer and DeViL303 like this.
    3. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Thanks @Death_Dealer formatted just a bit and added to front page.
      DeViL303, atreyu187 and Death_Dealer like this.
    4. Death_Dealer
      Death_Dealer
      Front paged, very cool:) thanks @STLcardsWS These guys deserve the attention of the best news provider for PS content^_^
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    5. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      There was also another great PS3 emulator project, but it looks like is dead now. Nucleus emulator by AlexAltea. But for now RPCS3 is definitely number one.
      STLcardsWS and Death_Dealer like this.
    6. bguerville
      bguerville
      Actually, I don't think the Nucleus project is dead because the most recent commits by AlexAltea & 3141card seem to be only 4 months old...
      Iirc Nucleus is a multi target emulator meant to target at least the psp, ps3, ps4 & Vita & possibly more although current development focuses on ps3 & ps4 afaik.
      https://github.com/AlexAltea/nucleus
      Last edited: May 13, 2017
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    7. Death_Dealer
      Death_Dealer
      Wow great find. Have not seen this yet,and i have been looking:)
    8. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      I made an edit to the title just so there wasn't any confusion.

Edit: Also added a mention of the other project in a small update at bottom of the article as well.
      Last edited: May 13, 2017
      Death_Dealer likes this.
    9. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      What are the specs to run this? I know it used to require a massive PC to run. Then again most would laugh at my PC but I don't use it for anything intensive. I don't even watch videos let alone game on my system. I still rock a old dual core.
    10. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Requirements
      • Windows 7 64-bit or greater / Linux 64-bit.
      • A modern x64 processor with SSSE3 support.
      • A GPU that supports OpenGL 4.3 or greater.
      • Minimum: 4GB of RAM. Recommended: 8GB of RAM or greater.
      • Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 redistributable.
      • Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime.
      • PlayStation 3 PS3UPDAT.PUP system software file.
      • PlayStation 3 self-dumped games or applications.
      • Storage requirements will expand depending on installed PlayStation 3 software.
      • We do not support piracy. All system software should be self-dumped.
      - https://rpcs3.net/quickstart
      atreyu187 likes this.
    11. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Well I was coming to post this but you beat me to it. The list of compatible games is truly amazing. Last time I looked which wasn't that long ago Ace Combat was the only working retail game. And now they have over 100 working and playable titles. Some that are pretty impressive that it works at such an infancy of the EMU.
      Death_Dealer likes this.