Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 Safe Resigner Batch

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit Tools & Utilities' started by carocrazy132, Aug 11, 2018.

1. 3
    carocrazy132

carocrazy132 Forum Noob

EDIT: I've replaced the text file containing the download link with simply a zip containing the batch edited batch file. Just drop it into your PS3xploit-resigner-2.1.0 folder.

I figured I'd go ahead and post my edited version of the pkg resigner, if nothing else to raise awareness so that people don't delete all the games they've downloaded and signed. Word to the wise, resigner 2.0 will delete ANYTHING IN THE OUTPUT FOLDER WITHOUT ASKING YOU. So this version simply wont clear those folders. Make sure to keep in mind filename conflicts if you already have something in that folder.

This version simply has an edited batch file that wont do that <redacted>

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  2. 6,927
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Nope, i'm more thinking about.. Who introduce himself to forum, and developers that made him able to use ps3 in this way at all.

Hard to remove sarcasm from that, but anyway. Yeah, they are.
    is to post things like this instead of creating issue, or even better. Pull request here: https://github.com/PS3Xploit/PS3xploit-resigner
    Game developer should know this site..

Anyway, welcome to psx-place. Thanks for sharing your mod. And please read our rules before writing next post: Chat and Forum Rules: http://www.psx-place.com/threads/site-rules-guidelines.79/

STLcardsWS and pink1 like this.
  3. 3
    carocrazy132

carocrazy132 Forum Noob

<redacted>

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  4. 6,927
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Open is not mean unresponded. Issues are closed usually when someone confirm that solution work (or there is nofix, etc.).
    Not even sure how to respond to this. You "lost" one day. Devs that created exploit, and tools spent on it few months. Your one day of downloading seems to not much time..
    I never said you don't have a point. Is very important bug that should be fixed. Just way you notify about it is very bad imo.
    Bugs happening. You have rights to complain about it. Similar bug happened in other app, by different developer (it was on of rudirastelli tools iirc). Is not usual to keep there files too long to be honest.
    Like i said, bugs sometimes happen. Keep in mind that you are first person that noticed that issue. So it seems to be unusual to keep 150GB of data there. Or thousands of people have just more luck.
    Thing like this is dumb, only if is done intentionally.

STLcardsWS and pink1 like this.
  5. 1,132
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

Nobody is blowing you off because you’re a new member. You’ve made a nice little mod but just because something doesn’t work the way you want it to is no excuse to be rude.

We’re always happy to see new people here helping out. We do all need to be respectful and try to get along.

Edit My bad we were posting at the same time.

6. 7,611
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Thanks for bringing awareness to the issue and also finding/providing a solution.

EVERYTHING IN THIS SCENE IS USE AT YOUR OWN RISK...

So when something does not work perfectly or has issues ITS EXPECTED and reporting like this is good a thing , granted you raised an issue and it did not get addressed on github but there is mature ways to go about it and other ways one could contact.

Raise an issue like a human might result in better solutions...

pink1 likes this.
  7. 1,529
    Berion

Berion Developer

;)

STLcardsWS likes this.
  8. 1,132
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

This could be from the pkg tool from the resigner. We were having the same problem with pkg linker.
    Not saying that anyone should just trust it but it may just be a false alarm.

Berion likes this.
  9. 3
    carocrazy132

carocrazy132 Forum Noob

Sorry I've had some time to cool off a bit, that really set me off. I'll change the mediafire link to google in just a second Berion. I forgot it popped up on avast when I downloaded it originally so hopefully it will upload to drive.

It really does seem like a crazy thing to put in the code to me, akin to prank telling someone to delete system32, but credit where credit is due, the HAN exploit is good work and perhaps the strain of genius that led to it's creation is the abnormal strain of genius that doesn't need a prompt for stuff like that.

HOWEVER. A lot of the comments here hold the principle that you can't say anything negative to someone who's made a mod possible. A dangerous or bad tool can often be worse than no tool at all. When you create something, people expect it to work. If there were no tool, someone else would likely step in and take it's place (or in this context people would keep using pre 2.0/2.1 releases).
    Sorry I've had some time to cool off a bit, that really set me off.

Berion likes this.
  10. 1,529
    Berion

Berion Developer

I always run apps in safe environment so I never really care if they are safe or not. I just point that mediafire delete the archive (and this is "the dumbest action which developers did" BTW. I hate when someone decide which is good or bad for me ^^) and now we don't have a chance to try "resigner tool for normal humans".