SEN Enabler - Tutorial & Latest Releases 6.0.2

PS3 Homebrew Utility that conatins many functions such as CFW spoofing and CFW syscalls disbaling

1. 11
    nijhawank

nijhawank New Member

I'd appreciate if you can explain your setup. On my PS3 debug updates is enabled, but how would it help prevent accidental update (from a original disc assuming one becomes available in future versioned 4.80), or somebody doing an update via USB in my absence?

2. 4,244
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
  3. 5,350
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

QA flag will only work downgrading CFW ...

So in other words if you update to an OFW while Q/A Flag. You will not be able to downgrade by software. You would need a hardware flasher.

4. 4,600
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

First of all, thank you for your replies & for this great tool.

If I understood you correctly, in practice, it means that if I manually modified both vsh.self (CEX & DEX) I would need to use the Fix Cobra hash feature every time I change mode...

Let me explain.
    Let us say that both vsh.self (CEX & DEX) have been manually modified with an Hex Editor (not for spoofing, I want to test a couple of patches to remove annoying messages for example).
    I start my testing on CEX & Cobra is enabled all the way through.
    Fix Cobra hash will replace both stage2.bin & stage2.bin.dex and patch them both with vsh.self (CEX) hash.

Now if I change mode to DEX, neither stage2.bin.cex & stage2.bin will have been patched with vsh.self (DEX) new hash. So Cobra won't be fixed. If I use Fix Cobra hash again, it will replace both stage2.cex & stage2.bin and patch them with vsh.self (DEX) hash.

Same thing will happen again if I go back to CEX mode....

Am I correct or am I missing something?

There are 5 different patches on vsh.self I want to test out, individually and together. That's 25 combinations for vsh.self CEX & 25 for vsh.self DEX.
    If I can use your Fix Cobra hash feature, I will avoid doing a lot of Cobra recompiling...

Sent with Tapatalk

5. 4,600
    bguerville

As [MENTION=118]kozarovv[/MENTION] said earlier, you should maybe check XMBLock 2.02 out.

Also if in your absence someone tries to go online while 999 spoofing is on, your console will likely get banned along with whatever PSN account was used during the attempt... It's a bit risky unless of course you auto-spoof the ids (if you have a spare set). Even then it's not ideal...
    XMBLock would help with your problem imo.

Sent with Tapatalk

6. 34
    Verzantgray

Verzantgray Member

View attachment 4741

Hello everyone, I had this "Bug ​​? " after upgrading to version 5.9.3 , to trigger the plugin does not appear the options to choose from , seems to be only a display problem because I still hear the sound as I change between the options , anyone know tell me how to fix this ?

Note : My setup is a PS3 2501A | 160GB | 4.78.1 REBUG COBRA 7.2REX

7. 4,600
    bguerville

Are you in CEX or DEX when you experience this problem?
    Are you using other plugins? (what do you have in your boot_plugins.txt?)

Need details to try to reproduce your issue!

Sent with Tapatalk

8. 34
    Verzantgray

Verzantgray Member

I'm in CEX Mode no other plugins in boot_plugins.txt (Only /dev_hdd0/SEN_Enabler.sprx)

9. 4,600
    bguerville

Am sorry but I have been unable to reproduce your problem. It works fine for me & I tested it on 2 consoles.
    Have you tried reinstalling the plugin? Delete your boot_plugins.txt then use SEN Enabler to install the plugin, don't do it manually! Just to make sure...

If still not working after reboot:
    Are you using webMAN-MOD? What version? Obviously you are not using vsh_menu (the one coming with wMM) either otherwise it would be in your boot_plugins.txt. Can you give vsh_menu a try?
    Download wMM 1.43.26 updater pkg from aldostools usual URL, install it, launch it keeping L1 pressed to get the full edition. After reboot, keep pressing the Select key to display vsh_menu. Does it display correctly?

Sent with Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  10. 4,244
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    How you updated plugin? It's sounds like you don't have Background image for vsh menu. Irc it should be in same location as plugin.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  11. 34
    Verzantgray

Verzantgray Member

I have no idea what may have Caused this problem, always installed the plugin by SEN ENABLER settings , Then restarted the console, VHS WebmanMOD menu always worked perfectly ( although I was not use in that moment ,I was in version 1.43.25 ) i had a softbrick testing a plugin ( MYSIS - POC Plugin V0.2 ) I had to format the PS3 yesterday and today installed the SEN ENABLER again and the plugin is working perfectly , I know I did everything Correctly and I just wanted to tell you about the bug because a friend Also had the same bug installing the update SEN ENABLER on another PS3 ( fat ) , I am a layman in the question of how These little bugs generated, more believe for some PS3 the update of the VHS files are lost , or are corrupted , in the case of my friend he tried to reinstall SEN ENABLER 4 times to work

Thank you all for the attention, sorry for my bad english.

12. 2
    harshilk.7

harshilk.7 New Member

hey, I am new to the sen enabler and i am not able get things done using sen enabler.
    after patching the ID, hiding the data and deleting the log files
    If I try to log in I get error: 80010519
    If I try to update time I get error: 8002A224
    If I try simply try to run a game I get error: 80028F14
    I am using sen enabler v5.9.3 Irisman v3.50.8 and I am on Ferrox 4.78 CEX
    the things I find unusual when I see ps3 dutu on Sen Enabler are:
    Flash write: disabled
    TargetID: 0x02 [Unknown]
    Motherboard: 0x23 [unknown]
    Rest of the things are shown in green on the see data menu

13. 16
    jabbbar

jabbbar New Member

hi

i have small question. did you tried your patched ps store 4.xx because i tried many times and i can't open store on rogero 4.30, always back to xmb without error

regards

14. 2
    harshilk.7

harshilk.7 New Member

sorry i didn't get you ? but this was the first time since purshasing my ps3 back in 2010 i tried logging into psn network

15. 34
    Verzantgray

Verzantgray Member

Hello everybody I have a small question off topic , play Japanese games in other locations accounts can cause BAN ? I have the game Attack On Titan and it was released only in Japan and was in doubt to play Japanese games not yet released in your region may lead ban .

16. 140
    kapa

kapa Member

I think that you dont have any problems with that, because you can buy a jap game disk and play it on a european ou american ps3. Ps3 dont have region block on games, only on dvd / Br movies (if i'm not wrong)

17. 4,774
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

u won't be banned. I have a JP PS4, and I've played both psn as well as retail American discs with no bans or anything. u can even do the same with the 360, because it's the dev who decides region. before jtagging my console, I had flashed my drive to play back ups. being a huge shmup fan, I always wanted JP shmups to be region free which many were. lucky me! :p there's no issue with the ps3 either. they wouldn't make it region-free if there were.

18. 4,774
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

btw, not sure if ever mentioned but Jap is considered offensive which is y I don't use it. having lived in Japan, there's an equivalent gaijin to relate to foreigners = Jap. JP or Japanese = gaikokujin = much better. not sure if anyone was or would be offended...just sayin'.

19. 3
    blobs

blobs New Member

Hello.

I'm having some problems logging onto PSN. I'm running Rebug 4.21 and SEN Enabler 5.9.3 where I did a custom spoof to 4.78 and enabled SEN access. According to the info screen everything seems to be ok (green & 4.78), but when I try to log onto PSN it asks me to do a system software update. The built in PS3 system info also tells me I'm running 4.78 so I don't really know to proceed.

In case it's relevant I'm on an old FAT PS3. I attached a picture of the info SEN Enabler gives me. Am I doing something completely wrong or?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 5193

20. 4,244
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Remember that devs here had same problem on 4.21, you should update your cfw. Why you are on 4.21? Only pros that I know is working CU3 dongle, so if you are not using it. Update your cfw. Problem with spoof existing on <4.25 only iirc.