SEN Enabler - Tutorial & Latest Releases 6.0.2

PS3 Homebrew Utility that conatins many functions such as CFW spoofing and CFW syscalls disbaling

1. 4
    pedh3t

pedh3t New Member

can i directly install same CFW ?

2. 4,939
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Are you sure it's not the other way round?
    MultiMAN doesn't display the right firmware version but the PS3 should be correct (unless some sort of spoof is still applied).

Yes you can reinstall your CFW to get rid of any firmware version spoofing issu.e.

Also for information, remember that [MENTION=76]Evilnat[/MENTION] advises never to use custom spoof & 999 spoof to go online. The normal method should be used.

Sent with Tapatalk

3. 4
    pedh3t

pedh3t New Member

i'm sure that

4. 2
    Junkenpo

Junkenpo New Member

I have hebuilded the database, but the problem persists... I have installed the CFW from the XMB, on the Recovery shows me a corrupted file warning.... I found a solution for the PKG installation... They works if the apk be in HDD, in USB drive freeze.... I can play games offline perfectly, but i want play online again, without problems :(

5. 4,939
    bguerville

If your system freezes after a cfw reinstall, there must be something else wrong. I strongly doubt that SEN Enabler is the culprit.

You have installed which CFW?
    If you have Rebug Rex 4.78.1 installed you don't need to spoof firmware version anymore.

If you just want to go online & experience problems with SEN Enabler, you could use PSNPatch instead. It will do the same job when it comes to preparing your CFW for online use. Install the plugin while you are at it, then you can use a combo before going online instead of launching the brew.

Sent with Tapatalk

6. 140
    kapa

kapa Member

So is not a problem update fw with the spoof active? I've read a time ago that it was adviced to remove spoofs before update.... i'm still on 4.76 Rebug, i hope that tonight i'm going have time to make the update

7. 4,939
    bguerville

No it's not an issue as far as I know. have done it many times on different consoles & I have never had any problems.

Basically this is what SEN Enabler does when you choose the option to spoof the firmware version

1. It modifies 3 system files located in /dev_flash. The files are vsh.self, index.dat & version.txt
    In case of standard non cobra CFW, that's it. Job done!

2. In Cobra CFW, it also modifies 1 Cobra file. The file is stage2.bin and is also located in /dev_flash.
    In Rebug REX and D-REX, it has to modify 2 files as there are 2 stage2.bin, one for CEX and one for DEX.

All these modified files are automatically replaced when you install or reinstall a CFW. The whole /dev_flash directory is deleted then replaced during the installation process.
    So there is no reason for you to unspoof before updating.

If you still have a doubt, don't take my word for it, there is a tutorial on this forum on how to manually make the changes on your system to spoof the firmware version by patching the files with an Hex Editor on a PC & replacing them on the console.
    Look for it, it's for advanced users but anybody can read & understand it.

Sent with Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  8. 140
    kapa

kapa Member

Well, i believe in you, and i've update two ps3 slims 2004b yesterday and everything runs perfectly ;)
    I did remove sen first because i didnt read your response, but from now i'll not remove nothing.

Thanks for your feedback

9. 11
    nijhawank

nijhawank New Member

SEN Enabler 9.99 Spoof is erroring-out on Rebug 4.78.1. Sorry I didn't note the error code.

The reason to do a 9.99 spoof is to prevent any accidental ofw update by anyone in my absence. But I'm also wondering that my PS3 is QA enabled that allows updating to any firmware regardless if its higher versioned or not. So in that case, am I right in thinking that even 9.99 spoof will not help prevent an ofw update?

10. 5,172
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

the purpose of 9.99 spoof is to prevent someone from installing a lower firmware on a console that hasn't been qa flagged. it's a safe guard. never sign in with that spoof or ur assured a ban. a 9.99 spoof would prevent ofw updates, but that's not its purpose. also, qa flagging is only needed when going from higher to lower firmware not going from lower to higher firmware. that's y it's a 9.99 spoof. there's no chance of firmware being higher than that, and ur system will reject lower firmware unless qa flagged.

11. 4,522
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    9.99 spoof on qa flagged ps3 is still doing something. In case that sony release higher firmware you not will be prompted to update because you have already higher firmware. But anyway, manual update is still possible.

You should enable debug updates, and try XMB lock, plus 9.99 spoof. I think is enough.

12. 149
    Evilnat

Evilnat Developer

If you disable SEN access in CFW 4.78, SEN Enabler will spoof to 4.75, enable sen access again

mm and other homebrews checks offsets in LV2/LV1 to set fw version (if i remember), doesn't check fw version like SEN Enabler

Regards

I tried 9.99 spoof in v5.9.3 and worked without issues in 4.78 Rebug REX, try this version in a few minutes and tell me if worked, and if it fails tell me error code

Regards

I'm uploading v5.9.3 right now for 4.78 DEX CFWs

Regards

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  13. 149
    Evilnat

Evilnat Developer

[​IMG]

Download: MEGA || MEDIAFIRE || SENDSPACE || RGHOST

For those who doesn't know how to enable SEN access, go to SEN/PSN Options and select Enable SEN/PSN access and not Custom spoof, 9.99 Spoof is not created to go online, so if you are using it DON'T LOG IN ON SEN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES AND NEVER ENABLE PS3'S NETWORK!!

Remember to use Charles Proxy now along with SEN Enabler and block three URLs (you can add more if you want), this software will minimize ban risk, but a ban is not 100% avoided on CFW

IF YOU FIND ANY BUG, PLEASE LET ME KNOW

14. 4,939
    bguerville

[MENTION=76]Evilnat[/MENTION]
    A quick question about the Fix Cobra Hash feature.
    Can I use it to patch stage2.bin instead of recompiling Cobra with the new vsh hash after modifying vsh.self?

Sent with Tapatalk

15. 149
    Evilnat

Evilnat Developer

Yes, will install default stage2 for CFW and fix it with the new hash, if you see any issue please tell me :)

Regards

16. 4,939
    bguerville

That is brilliant.
    With Rebug as there are 2 stage2.bin & 2 vsh.self. I assume that stage2.bin CEX gets fixed while in CEX, using hash from CEX vsh.self.

What I mean is, in order to do both, I will have to repeat the process, do it in CEX then do it in DEX?

Sent with Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  17. 149
    Evilnat

Evilnat Developer

On Rebug, will hash both stage2, CEX and DEX, but only will fix vsh.self hash at this moment, the only way to fix all Rebug vsh files is in "Enable/disable SEN access" and "Custom spoof", in a future release i will add this in "Fix hash" option

Regards

18. 4,939
    bguerville

So if I am in DEX mode & manually patch the DEX vsh.self only & leave the CEX version untouched then use SEN's fix Cobra hash, it will replace both stage2.bin with what exactly?

Sent with Tapatalk

19. 149
    Evilnat

Evilnat Developer

Fix cobra hash option, will get vsh.self hash, install cobra file/s, in this case for Rebug will install stage2.cex and stage2.dex for 4.78, if are disabled will install stage as stage2.cex.bak and stage2.dex.bak, then will copy vsh.self hash to both stage2 and exit to main menu

If you manually patch hash and then you use Fix Cobra hash option, will remove your previous patch and add the new one

Regards

20. 11
    nijhawank

nijhawank New Member

Yes it worked with v5.9.3. Many thanks for the quick resolution of the problem.
    However, I'm wondering was my system messed up during previous failed 9.99 spoof and is there any need for a reinstall of Rebug CFW 4.78.1?

Also, I'd appreciate your answer to this question. I apply 9.99 Spoof to prevent any accidental OFW update in my absence. However my PS3 is also QA flagged and as I understand QA flagging allows downgrading to a lower versioned firmware.
    So in that case isn't applying 9.99 Spoof is a waste as my PS3 will anyway allow a system update to any OFW firmware say version 4.60?

Thanks in advance.