PS3 sMAN (v1.12) by deank: Adds BIN + CUE scanning for PS2 Games

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 8, 2017.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 8, 2017 at 12:27 PM
  1. 6,081
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Earlier in the week PS3 developer deank made a small change to the sMAN plugin with an update that promotes the project to version 1.12. In previous version of the sMAN (plugin based off deank's original webMAN with new features not to be confused with Aldostools webMAN MOD (which is also a great plugin choice as well) ) In sMAN PS2 ISO (not bin+cue) were only supported during Scanning. While some members in the psx-place forum though this could be a bug developer deank clarifies the situation by stating " It is not really a bug, because sMAN only supports PS2 games in ISO format but not BIN + CUE. That's why it does not find the game during the scan " so the developer has now added support to Scan also your PS2 games in BIN + CUE format. If you have not gave this plugin a try yet, the Slaunch Interface is one of the biggest cosmetic difference you will see compare to deank's original webMAN. ​

sman.jpg

Download: sMAN_1.12.zip
    Source / Discussion @: psx-place.com

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Kyan_dudl, Naut, T.A.U and 2 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 8, 2017.

1. SpyroMancer
      SpyroMancer
      Anyone knows how to turn off auto mount on Sman? When i open my ps3, the last iso is still mounted..
    2. No0bZiLLa
      No0bZiLLa
      did you try turning off autoload on xmb? i think webman ect has an option to stop autoload, but it will probably still show the icon until you turn if off in xmb settings.
      T.A.U and bitsbubba like this.
    3. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Not sure it work, but you can try check option to mount AUTOBOOT.ISO. Also you can create empty autoboot.iso file with text editor, then sman try to mount it at boot, and do nothing as this is not proper ISO.
      T.A.U, bitsbubba and No0bZiLLa like this.
    4. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      I've actually did this before, worked well for what I needed it for
    5. SpyroMancer
      SpyroMancer
      I have tried it, but it was never on either ways. I don't use it in webman.
      I saw on the screenshots of sman 1.00 that there was an option there to load/unload last game, but i don't find it in the last versions
    6. MixeryMaxe
      MixeryMaxe
      Maybe just unmount the game before shutdown the console?
      kozarovv and T.A.U like this.
    7. SpyroMancer
      SpyroMancer
      yeah, i actually never thought of that. it must work like the physical copies and eject button. thank you very much.
    8. rocknard
      rocknard
      Hm... I'm testing with my new HD nfts and sMAN v1.12n doesn't recognize my .iso (on PS3ISO folder). Only with NTFS drives 1.17 can "recognize" the iso on xmb interface and sman gui (the game load fine with sman, but not cover on xmb interface or gui). I saw some behavior with the extracted files on HD internal (wmtemp) after trying refreshing with sman and ntfs driver:

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir [BLES02241].ntfs[PS3ISO]
      Odin Sphere Leifthrasir [BLES02241].PNG
      Odin Sphere Leifthrasir [BLES02241].SFO
      Odin Sphere Leifthrasir [BLES02.PNG
      Odin Sphere Leifthrasir [BLES02.SFO

I will do more test. Maybe i'm the only one? :) Maybe i do something wrong...

P.S.: i don't know why i have one iso splitted on NTFS... i will check the isotools.
      Deleted the wmtemp folder after update to v1.12n
      Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    9. oneohthree
      oneohthree
      Sorry for being late to report this. I have a USB NTFS HDD with around 70 titles in ISO format. sMAN freezes while scanning, however webMAN works without issues (it takes some time to update the covers).
    10. Zar
      Zar
      Perhaps, it's one of your ISO is freezing the plugin. Try to scan 35 iso (move the other in another directory) and then try the 35 other iso. if it freeze on only one of this pack then split again this pack... until you find the 'corrupted' iso.
      oneohthree and bitsbubba like this.
    11. oneohthree
      oneohthree
      I haven't thought of that, thanks for the tip. I'll do it tonight.