We have seen developer @deank cooking up some nice brew lately, the latest creation of sLaunch has now evolved into a new plugin called sMAN, bringing the original vision of the developer to this single plugin containing webMAN & sLaunch, rather then having two separate plugins loaded at boot time (like the preview releases) deank uses a single plugin slot while making sLaunch an even faster sprx loaded dynamically. For simplicity, he concatenated into just one file called sman.sprx the various sprx parts of the app (rawseciso/netiso/slaunch/sman) as well as the html parts of the XMB "Sman Games" feature. If you like to use this alternative UI for loading games, then you should use the sMAN plugin going forward, if you like the traditional way (w/ My Games) then you can use the XMB feature or simply switch to the webMAN plugin as both version will still available for users.
- sMAN Release Quote via deank
- Additional Notes/Comments from deank
- Video/Screenshot (preview version "sLaunch")
Now, let's move forward to the next step...
Later today I'll release the "sMAN" - which is webMAN + sLaunch in one plugin. The reason - this is what webMAN was supposed to be - the way I wanted to be since day one:
- Use only one plugin slot
- Use about 128KB less vsh memory (about 384KB total vsh memory)
- Support for /dev_usb000 to /dev_usb128
- No need for boot delays for scanning usb drives
- No need for XML generation, "refresh xml" or other complicated tasks
- No need for the "My Games" entry in XMB (no need for custom category_game.xml)
- Simplified setup page, eject/unmount/rescan/grouping options available within sMAN's front-end (sLaunch)
- Support for over 1000 games
- FTP/WEB/NTFS/NETISO support by the sMAN's back-end (webMAN)
- Simple use in any cobra compatible CFW by adding sman.sprx to boot_plugins.txt without modifying other files
- The front-end (menu) is not using resources when not active (opposed to slaunch.sprx)
- Updated - it now supports switching groups/content-type (ALL/PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP/VIDEO) - press the [SQUARE] button.
p.s. The features in bold will be gradually introduced for easier transition for the users who decide to switch to sMAN.
Edit: eventually deank decided to add the XMB "Webman Games" feature to sMan as many end users were asking for it.
It brings back the old XML creation problem he originally wanted to get rid of however it works quite well.
The only real glitch in sMan 1.11n (& in the latest wMM actually) is found with a limited number of ntfs hdd where the partition cannot be read using the libntfs_ext library port. Hopefully this bug should get fixed after investigation...
The XMB Game list remains optional however, to be toggled in the sMan settings page.
Random Comments about sMAN from deank
- The good thing about sMAN is that it doesn't require large amounts of memory no matter how many games you have. It can handle 2000, 3000, 5000 games even.
- sMAN is working a bit faster than sLaunch (at least it looks that way).
- If you decide to use sman.sprx - remove webftp_server.sprx and slaunch.sprx from your boot_plugins.txt. It is not possible to use them at the same time.
- Yes, fan-control is still there, because it is "webMAN" in the background. For languages - there is nothing different to webMAN - you'll have to compile it yourself with proper gui.h.
PS3 sMAN (webMAN + sLaunch) combined into a single plugin by deank
By STLcardsWS on Feb 13, 2017 at 8:55 PM
[3rd Update (Nov. 18)] HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebe3RD UPDATE (November 18) - Fourth Video Released in last days
(Nov. 14) Is the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - October 2018 Progress ReportWell, that was fast. After they announced their (delayed) "Progress Report for September", the great Team behind RPCS3 didn't wanted to "leave you out in the rain" again. So here is the "October Progress Report" which shows again how much they are hard-working to make this Emulator better and better by making more PS3 Games compatible with their Emulator. And speaking about PS3 Games, if you watched the latest Progress Reports from the last few months closely, you will have probably recognized that with every new Progress Report, more and more AAA Titles were getting more Support and a better Compatibility from Time to Time, even with supporting a 4K Output Resolution. This month isn't a exception and the Team is proud to announce that "Yakuza Kenzan" is fully playable now. Now you will think: "Wait a Minute - I never heard about "Yakuza Kenzan" ??? That's right, this is one Game of the "Yakuza Series" which was released in Japan only as "Ryū ga Gotoku Kenzan" so it never saw a "Western Release". That's even cooler that such a AAA Game which wasn't available for most of the people are now playable for everyone, even with a higher Resolution as the original PS3 would be able to do so. How "Butt ugly" is this? :PContinue reading
New PS4 Exploit details from fail0verflow Team in "PS4 Aux Hax" Series - v4 Belize via CECThe great fail0verflow team is back at it again with the PlayStation 4 (PS4) and this time around they have detailed some new developments in part 4 of their "PS4 AUX HAX" Series, In the recent write-up of the series some interesting details were shared on something that could potentially lead to a current firmware exploit? Its very early but we do know that when the failOverflow team shares information its like "holding the nuts" at the poker table, its solid information always. We have seen them work on various gaming consoles in the past and they were no stranger to elevating the PS3 and were the pioneers of Linux on the PS4 and also helped provide key information for exploits on older PS4 firmware in the past as well, The PS4 is entering the later stages of its life cycle and new exploits are a welcome site for a struggling homebrew platform that could be so vibrant on a device with so much potential, but lacking an exploit that gives user's that current firmware window for explortation.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: