PS3 sMAN (webMAN + sLaunch) combined into a single plugin by deank

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 13, 2017.

By STLcardsWS on Feb 13, 2017 at 8:55 PM
  1. 7,619
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

We have seen developer @deank cooking up some nice brew lately, the latest creation of sLaunch has now evolved into a new plugin called sMAN, bringing the original vision of the developer to this single plugin containing webMAN & sLaunch, rather then having two separate plugins loaded at boot time (like the preview releases) deank uses a single plugin slot while making sLaunch an even faster sprx loaded dynamically. For simplicity, he concatenated into just one file called sman.sprx the various sprx parts of the app (rawseciso/netiso/slaunch/sman) as well as the html parts of the XMB "Sman Games" feature. If you like to use this alternative UI for loading games, then you should use the sMAN plugin going forward, if you like the traditional way (w/ My Games) then you can use the XMB feature or simply switch to the webMAN plugin as both version will still available for users.

sman.jpg

• Now, let's move forward to the next step...

Later today I'll release the "sMAN" - which is webMAN + sLaunch in one plugin. The reason - this is what webMAN was supposed to be - the way I wanted to be since day one:
      • Use only one plugin slot
      • Use about 128KB less vsh memory (about 384KB total vsh memory)
      • Support for /dev_usb000 to /dev_usb128
      • No need for boot delays for scanning usb drives
      • No need for XML generation, "refresh xml" or other complicated tasks
      • No need for the "My Games" entry in XMB (no need for custom category_game.xml)
      • Simplified setup page, eject/unmount/rescan/grouping options available within sMAN's front-end (sLaunch)
      • Support for over 1000 games
      • FTP/WEB/NTFS/NETISO support by the sMAN's back-end (webMAN)
      • Simple use in any cobra compatible CFW by adding sman.sprx to boot_plugins.txt without modifying other files
      • The front-end (menu) is not using resources when not active (opposed to slaunch.sprx)
      • Updated - it now supports switching groups/content-type (ALL/PS1/PS2/PS3/PSP/VIDEO) - press the [SQUARE] button.

sMAN
      : http://deanbg.com/sman.sprx

Dean

p.s. The features in bold will be gradually introduced for easier transition for the users who decide to switch to sMAN.

Edit: eventually deank decided to add the XMB "Webman Games" feature to sMan as many end users were asking for it.
      It brings back the old XML creation problem he originally wanted to get rid of however it works quite well.
      The only real glitch in sMan 1.11n (& in the latest wMM actually) is found with a limited number of ntfs hdd where the partition cannot be read using the libntfs_ext library port. Hopefully this bug should get fixed after investigation...

The XMB Game list remains optional however, to be toggled in the sMan settings page.

• Random Comments about sMAN from deank
      • The good thing about sMAN is that it doesn't require large amounts of memory no matter how many games you have. It can handle 2000, 3000, 5000 games even.
      • sMAN is working a bit faster than sLaunch (at least it looks that way).
      • If you decide to use sman.sprx - remove webftp_server.sprx and slaunch.sprx from your boot_plugins.txt. It is not possible to use them at the same time.
      • Yes, fan-control is still there, because it is "webMAN" in the background. For languages - there is nothing different to webMAN - you'll have to compile it yourself with proper gui.h.

• Video (POC Version)
      ScreenShot (from preview version)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
      slaunch_preview.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 13, 2017.

1. stl25
      stl25
      @deank I have an issue on sman. No matter what drive (NTFS) I plug in to the PS3, the first cover for ISOs located in PS3ISO will not display the multiman cover. I have verified the multiman cover exists. Instead it reads the icon from the iso and displays that. Again this is only for the first ISO on the NTFS drive (alphabetically). Haven't seen anyone else report this issue, so I was thinking it may be something wrong with my setup. However I have multiple NTFS flash drives with ISOs and always the first ISO will not display the proper multiman cover. Any ideas?
    2. deank
      deank
      The previous issue is fixed now and also smaller images are upscaled (like for PSP games).

@stl25 No, I don't know what could cause this. I also have games on NTFS in ISO and the cover is always displayed properly.
      WTF-IGO, ex05 and Zwei like this.
    3. Zwei
      Zwei
      The PSP game covers now look perfect
      thanks xD
      WTF-IGO likes this.
    4. deank
      deank
      ... (on next page)
      Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    5. Zwei
      Zwei
      https://www.brasilturbo.com/GKeNQUP9.jpg
      https://www.brasilturbo.com/c0ezyhmY.jpg

sMAN 1.01
      How do I eject the disc?
      WTF-IGO likes this.
    6. bguerville
      bguerville
      For a mounted game, you have an unmount feature, look on the right side of the screenshot, there is a side-menu...!!
      And for a real disc, you have the usual eject feature on xmb.
      WTF-IGO, ex05 and Zwei like this.
    7. Zwei
      Zwei
      https://www.brasilturbo.com/c0ezyhmY.jpg
      In my opinion I do not think it's cool when you click on my games and it's soft with no options.
      It would be better to enter the direct game screen without holding the start button

Edit:
      Just a suggestion
    8. deank
      deank
      I can remove completely the "My Games" entry but then people will panic. If category_game.xml is not customized it won't appear - that was the whole idea - not to depend on XMB entries and XML files.
    9. Zwei
      Zwei
      It was just a suggestion
      Your idea is good too.
    10. bguerville
      bguerville
      Could sman not remap category_game.xml just like we remap sprx plugins to avoid messing with the system files but still ensure there is an appropriate entry in xml....?
      Sman could copy the current xml & add appropriate xml fragments as appropriate...
      WTF-IGO and Zwei like this.
    11. deank
      deank
      sMAN doesn't touch category_game.xml. It only removes fb.xml which is generated by wM/wMM/older sM. When fb.xml is not found, "My Games" entry is not shown. If user installs webMAN/MOD it will appear again.
    12. Zwei
      Zwei
      Friend now makes sense, your idea is great without my games on the screen
    13. deank
      deank
      You can redownload the sprx.
      WTF-IGO, ex05, Dino05 and 2 others like this.
    14. Zwei
      Zwei
      Now I fully understand your idea.
      So the XMB gets cleaner
      Thank you so much for your work these days.
      Worked perfectly
      WTF-IGO and deank like this.
    15. deank
      deank
      It is fixed now if you recursively enter setup (just increased slaunch_thread stack a bit to handle webbrowser_plugin). Source and sprx updated.

It looks very stable at the moment - couldn't make it crash yet.
      WTF-IGO, Me_TheKing, ex05 and 2 others like this.
    16. KanadeEngel
      KanadeEngel

Crashed it while launching a PS1 Game, just happened yet randomly (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_84KH1GOSfiU3ZXMWdaZldVY2c/view?usp=sharing)

Btw could use a different launch button as "Start" it comes for me always in conflict when i change the settings (i confirm with start to close the virtual keyboard) or disable the function and bring back the XMB entry (i still liked them at most)?
    17. emufan1
      emufan1
      Unless something has changed since 1.46n, NTFS support currently still has some edge case issues, doesn't support extended partitions, and can have lockups. Prepntfs is a work around for the first two. As NTFS isn't 100%, I can imagine in the long run having viable and reliable alternatives in case NTFS begins to experience software rot and fails more often with large capacity and future drives might be something to take into account.
    18. deank
      deank
      Are you really on CFW version 3.20? I have 6 PS1 games and none of them crash. The screen you show appears when /dev_flash files are corrupted or missing - I can't help with that.

sMAN doesn't use any path redirections and doesn't touch /dev_flash, it doesn't use system plugins (xai/kensaku/webbrowser) anymore so it can't crash the system as in your screenshot.
      WTF-IGO and ex05 like this.
    19. KanadeEngel
      KanadeEngel
      i use 4.81.2 D-REX Rebug, the 3.20 was the minor Version which can be installed on my System, i also replaced webMAn Mod with sMAN on the dev_flash (seems to be a bad idea?)
    20. Zwei
      Zwei
      Yes
      You have to disable the webman mod rebug (Toolbox) and then you can install on hddo the sMAN
      WTF-IGO likes this.