Sound Issues with PS3 ISO Backup

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Crezazel, Apr 19, 2017.

1. 69
    Crezazel

Crezazel Member

I have a CECHA01 "FAT" PS3 Running Rebug 4.81.2 Cobra 7.53 with multiMAN 4.81.02 and IRISMAN 4.81.1 and webMAN MOD 1.47.05 installed. I made backups of my PS3 games Assassin's Creed III, Far Cry 3 and Need for Speed Rivals, After I create the ISO I place them in PS3ISO folder on a 2TB external HDD and test them to make sure all is well, this time what sounds like half of the audio is missing from the games (all spoken dialog, some sound effects, the musical soundtracks seem to be intact) they are still playable, no graphical glitches. Physical game discs are scratch free and clean. Never had this problem with my other PS3 games (about 20). Anyone encountered this before? Is this a form of encryption against piracy? Thanks for any help.

EDIT: I did try creating ISO multiple times.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. 5,176
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

have u tried jb versions to see if still happens? I personally don't use ISO files, mostly because I don't want to redo my games. I've never encountered that issue before. I've played Need for Speed too when I was dumping its klicense a while back. I don't recall that happening then.

3. 4,530
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
  4. 69
    Crezazel

Crezazel Member

Thanks for your suggestions @pinky and @kozarovv . Yes 2TB external HDD is NTFS. Analyzed, and defragged. Tried JB folder path. After some extensive testing I figure it must be something with how they mixed the audio in those games that doesn't work with my receiver (a 2000 Philips home theater, pretty old). I have a HDMI coming out of my PS3 into the TV and audio is output from the TV to the receiver via Digital Optical, but my Samsung HDTV is only 3 years old and the audio issue persists on TV speakers only. Tried my other games comparing the backups to the physical discs and all work perfectly. I messed with different audio configurations in Sound Setting Menu in XMB, on TV and receiver. The games don't have much in the way of audio settings. So, I don't think it's a PS3 related issue. Thanks again for your comments.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the sound issue is there when playing the physical discs of those three games.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    kozarovv and Sdw100 like this.
  5. 4,530
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Need more info here, like TV model. Old (basically not so old) Sammy TV's can pass nothing more than Stereo/PCM thru optical output. Also in newest TV's there is a setting to help with compatibility: http://www.samsung.com/in/support/skp/faq/1092289

6. 69
    Crezazel

Crezazel Member

@kozarovv TV is a Samsung model number UN46EH5300F with a build date of April 2014. Receiver is a Philips model FR968 with a build date of October 2000.

7. 69
    Crezazel

Crezazel Member

Issue solved. I didn't have Multi Audio Out turned on in Sound Settings in XMB. Didn't think I needed it since the HDMI is the only audio/video cable coming out of PS3. Plus the other games work fine without it turned on.

kozarovv likes this.
  8. 4,530
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Good you found it. :)