State of Movian?

Discussion in 'Movian Media Center (PS3)' started by umart666, Nov 29, 2018.

1. 312
    umart666

umart666 Member

so,currently only yt and netflix app have a function?

movian crashes with external torrents,only eztv and yts plugins work,and deank wants money (10eur) for arenabg plugin.so,obviosly that's the end of ps3 as a media player... :'(

2. 312
    umart666

umart666 Member

1.official repository for dl and plugins is down (smas says he's upgrading movian site,so hopefully it would be back)
    2.external torrents (torrents downloaded outside of app and copied over to ps3) crashes movian and it goes to xmb (same behaviour is with rutor,rutracker and similar plugins)
    3.version in multiman is much much slower so anything beyound SD is no go (cpu is too slow to...and other errors)

eztv and yts plugins still work.

also,deank is charging 10 eur for arenabg and zamunda.net plugins each.new paid version of arenabg works good to be honest.

external torrents work on android version of movian,problem is on ps3.

i've tried numerous version,both official and deank mod versions of movian and it's the same...i mostly wanted it to work with external torrents,because mostly plugins are for easter european (russian) trackers with mostly russian dubs of series and movies,and i barely speak russian and don't like dubs to be honest.

any help would be very appreciated and sorry for my bad english (not a native speaker).​

3. 7,592
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Obviously the end of the ps3 as a media player???
    It might be obvious to you, not so much to me as I use movian on ps3 just about daily despite having various other alternatives at my disposal.
    1. Is that the conclusion you reached because it crashes external torrents at the moment? The crash you are talking about is only a bug to fix, hardly the end of the world. Has the bug even been reported to the dev for starters?
    In any case, the source is freely available, anybody could try to fix that issue & send a pull request... if anyone was interested enough in the first place.
    2. I am not aware that @deank is developing/selling ps3 plugins for movian for a fee, but if ever it is the case, he does whatever he wants, if he feels like selling his work, I would say he is more than entitled to do it, especially with all the shit he has already given to this community for free. Ultimately it is not deank's responsibility to provide ps3 users with everything they need, for free.
    I would even add that if it is so important to you to stream arenabg torrents on the PS3, 10 euros isn't exactly the end of the world either given the fact that you don't pay for anything else, whether it is the cfw, movian or the many files illegally ripped on torrent!
    3. Writing a movian plugin isn't that complicated, it requires some time & research, it's not deank's fault if nobody else in the scene cares enough to produce a free alternative. But it would only take one interested party to change that.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    lord3490, esc0rtd3w, jcorrea and 2 others like this.
  4. 312
    umart666

umart666 Member

i didn't say that,i said that russian and bulgarian centric stuff isn't working for me,i also support notion to do as he pleases,and just saying that at the moment stuff seems pretty grim for anyone outside that eastern europen circle.

i would report it but movian site is down,and other threads are more or less dead (here and on other scene forums) or again in russian/other eastern european languages,and some of them wont even let me post,that's why i wrote here and started a thread on movian subforum so i can help by testing,if i can't help in any other way.

5. 7,592
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

OK, alerting the community about issues is perfectly normal/understandable & your offer to help testing is nice but the core problem remains the same though.
    There aren't enough active devs on this scene to take care of every issue that arises & the handful we have are already busy with other things.
    As long as nobody steps up, the situation you describe will probably remain unchanged. What you are after is a bug fix (which the dev might take care of if he knows about it) & some new free torrent plugins. All that require developers interested in producing free releases on their own time.
    Imho your best hope lies probably with movian for the other platforms, maybe some Android scene devs or whoever will produce new plugins...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    STLcardsWS and bitsbubba like this.
  6. 574
    deank

deank Developer

What is wrong with the ps3 version of movían? Which version do you use?

Yes I charge €13 for three plugins (you are BG, right). They were free for almost two years - then you didn’t complain, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bitsbubba and bguerville like this.
  7. 312
    umart666

umart666 Member

as i said,i endorse you doing anything for your work.

i have opened a thread on movian subforum with detailed report of my testing on both ps3 and android 8.1 phone,same problems on both plarforms...

8. 574
    deank

deank Developer

I don't see your message in Movian forum. Where is it?
    Also I compiled a custom build of Movian for Android with 5.1 support and tons of fixes. Probably soon it will be pushed to the official version (although I'm not quite sure).

Code:
    * Fixed MPEG-TS H264/AVC playback
    * Fixed AV-sync issues (speed-up) when using Hardware Decoding of H264/H265/MPEG2/MPEG4
    * Fixed crash or missing graphics after sleep or when Android TV system menu is invoked
    * Added option in "Video playback" to enable/disable MPEG4 (DivX/XviD) Hardware Decoding
    * Added option in "Video playback" to control pre-buffering for local/network/torrent files
    * Increased maximum value for Video buffer to 512MB
    * Added option in "Video playback" to change UP/DOWN buttons actions (Master Volume/Per-file volume or PREV/NEXT title/channel)
    * Increased max number of peers for bittorent downloads from 50 to 150
    * Replaced OpenSL ES with android AudioTrack API
    * Added pass-through mode for Dolby Digital (AC3) and Dolby Digital+ (EAC3)
    * Added pass-through mode for DTS and DTS-HD Master Audio
    * Added option in "Audio settings" "Transcode to EAC3 when possible"
    * Added transcoding of unsupported audio codecs (AAC/MP2/MP3) to 5.1 DD/AC3 640 kbps and (DTS/DTS-HD/TRUE-HD) to 5.1 DD+/EAC3 768 kbps (if above option is enabled)
    * Added support for broken playback of AC3 audio with bitrate higher than 448 kbps on Android 5
    * Register as handler for: .torrent / .mkv / .mp4 / .mov / .avi / .ts / magnet and other video files from LOCAL and HTTP/HTTPS sources
    * In Bittorent settings - it is now possible to set the "Max usage of free space" to 0% (i.e. "Do not use disk cache")
    * This modded version of Movian cannot be installed over the official version

* AC3 and EAC3 pass-through require Android 5 or newer (API 21)
    * DTS pass-through requires Android 6 or newer (API 23) and is broken on Sony Bravia TV in Android 7

Also a custom/improved version of the YouTube Plugin (which works without the movian.tv site - which is down now and users of the standard plugin cannot use it):

Code:
    * Support for subtitles
    * Simpler main screen
    * Faster and improved
    * Support for Playlists (add videos to your playlists)
    * Support for channel Subscriptions (subscribe / unsubscribe)
    * Support for Featured Channels (per channel)
    * Channel cover art
    * Subscriptions Feed (latest videos sorted by date from your subscribed channels)
    * Icon/thumbnail when playing videos
    * Display of "Views", "Likes" and "Rating" for each video
    * Added "Audio" mode with 5.1 support (you can play only the audio tracks - like an audio player)

more with screenshots at: http://api2.deanbg.com/sub/yt/

bitsbubba, bguerville and STLcardsWS like this.
  9. 343
    Orion

Orion Gamesonic Developer

I'm using your iptvepg plugins and It's awesome but i have a bug report
    Italian epg is dont charged by the plugin and movian restart after a little loading
    This is the epg link http://epg-guide.com/it.gz

10. 574
    deank

deank Developer

Probably because it is 75MB - you need to find (or create yourself) an EPG XMLTV only with the channels you want.

bitsbubba likes this.
  11. 312
    umart666

umart666 Member

on this forum:
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/sad-state-of-movian.2150

on movian forum i can't register (whole site is somewhat down),on 4pda they don't let new accounts post and my russian is terrible,other ps3 forums are more inactive than here so i don't see the point of postig there...

12. 574
    deank

deank Developer

I still don't understand what your problem is. If you are a Bulgarian - email me and explain.

You say "external torrents" - what is this? You say movian crashes but "paid version of arenabg plugin works"? You first said that Movian crashes on Android and PS3 and now you say that the problem is only on the PS3. Straighten up and tell me exactly what doesn't work.

Showtime for multiMAN was updated a long time ago and doesn't have the "Slow CPU" warning. I have no idea what version you are using. Of course it is better to use the official Movian directly from XMB (more free memory for Movian itself, compared to when launched from mM).

On the PS3 the biggest problem is *memory* and the second one is the "number of simultaneous connections".

Movian doesn't care if the .torrent is from a plugin or "external" - it always does the same. YTS may work for you because of the fewer torrent seeders/leechers (total peers), but other torrent trackers provide 500-1000-3000 peers and the PS3 can't handle more than ~100. Still, this is fixable.

13. 7,735
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Moved post from NoPSN thread to this thread.

Good seeing you @deank i take it the plugins are compatible on all platforms.

14. 312
    umart666

umart666 Member

sorry i can't explain better than 'download torrent file on pc,copy or ftp it to ps3 internal hdd and/or usb drive,start it from movian then playback starts and after about 10 seconds movian crashes and goes straight to xmb'.same thing happens on android phone,movian crashes.

ps3 is on rebug 4.82.2

15. 574
    deank

deank Developer

Send me an email with example and I will try to see if it crashes on my Android TV/Smartphone. If I have time I'll test with the PS3, too.

bitsbubba likes this.
  16. 312
    umart666

umart666 Member

email sent.

again sorry for my bad english,i'm not from bulgaria,i'm from serbia but to be honest would prefer the whole conversation to be in english no matter how is my broken,for sake of other people.

to be clear about your arenaBG plugin,first i was using version from official repository that could be downloaded from within movian itself,then when that broke down i was using version from rar packadge on movian thread on 4pda,as it was the only one i could find.that one doesn't work (missing download link).then you released new version from your site and that worked perfectly until trial expired.

again,thanks for your work, patience and support!

17. 574
    deank

deank Developer

I tested the file that you emailed me and it opens fine on my MiBox3 Android 8, Sony Bravia TV Android 7 and Smartphone Lenovo P1a4 Android 6. All episodes get their pictures, tmb/posters/etc. I'm using my Movian Mod version, but it shouldn't make any difference.

bitsbubba and pinky like this.
  18. 312
    umart666

umart666 Member

i'll do a full cfw reinstall and install latest stable then BE versions of movian and report it here.on phone i don't have a clue what to do,maybe reflash latest official rom (xiaomi device) then test version from play store?

although on phone sometimes dl torrents work sometimes don't,but on ps3 they crash all the time.same behaviour is on rutor,rutracker and megashara plugins.yts and eztv work flawlessly.

19. 215
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, Cypher Elite Gaming
    I did make post about this but as bguerville suggested will ask in this post lol (web browser didn't show the post up)

Movian keeps quitting back to the XMB every time I try to play one of my BluRay rips in mkv format ( I rip every film to keep the discs in good condition ) This is beginning to get irritating as its never done this before, normally I have no problem playing mkv files and using Showtime in MultiMAN is no good because i get CPU is too slow to decode warning. And don't really want to convert them to mp4 as they are older films and for some reason encoding to mp4, no matter the settings, ruins the quality with older films on bluray, possible because of the aspect ratio's and video, audio bit rates.

20. 574
    deank

deank Developer

1) Is it JUST that ONE mkv that makes movian crash? (you worded it that way)
    2) Post a LOG from Movian after the crash
    3) What is your Showtime in mM version?

bitsbubba likes this.