PS3 Strange problem with controller

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by x23are, Jan 28, 2019.

1. 17
    x23are

x23are Forum Noob

yes with usb connected it still has the problem.
    mine is 80GB Cech-L series. were is the BT/antennas/interferences circuit or module in motherboard? how can i troubleshoot it?

i'm sure it's not software problem.

2. 3,403
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

In PS3 slim the antennas are the 2 wires (one white and the other black) that goes all over the metal shields in direction to the front of the console. In PS3 fats i dont remember

But thats not the problem, because you was having the same problems with the controllers connected by USB

T.A.U likes this.
  3. 17
    x23are

x23are Forum Noob

now what can i do to fix it?
    or i sell this ps3?

4. 3,403
    sandungas

T.A.U and x23are like this.
  5. 1,015
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    If you have a PC you could try " SCP Toolkit " if you install all the components including the optional ones it has a " game pad analyser " which will test the controller and report any problems with it, it can be found here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/scptoolkit.mirror/

This is mainly for using DS3/4 controllers on Windows OS but the analyser function will still tell you if there is anything wrong with the pad. All you have to do is install SCP Toolkit then pair the conrtoller with the PC using the PS3 USB Cable, is the best way as installing the BT drivers without a separate BT dongle as it will override any Windows BT Drivers if you have built in BT on your PC and won't be able to use it till you restore the default Windows BT Drivers. I should also mention that it will override the USB drivers for the port you pair it to and this will be a dedicated USB Port for the controller, nothing else will work in this USB port other than a DS3/4 controller, depending which on which drivers you have installed - DS3 or DS4.

It will also show you the pressure you are pressing the buttons and test this. So if you open this particular option and one of the buttons shows a red bar in it, this means there is input from that button, the size of the bar depends on the pressure being applied. This is a good tool to test all the buttons of the pads. It will also, with another function test everything else to do with the pad.

And then you also have the added bonus of being able to use your DS3/4 controllers on your PC, with custom button mapping for your emulators via setting up different profiles for quickly changing the settings.

T.A.U likes this.
  6. 66
    RandomDude

RandomDude Forum Noob

Another weird problem if this counts...

While fixing my controller my L2 & R2 Trigger Popped. I've tried putting them back with the springs they way the should be but still it's kinda soft. I've checked with my friends & theirs is still hard (lol) and intact while mine feels spongy.
    It's really pissing me off & I play COD with l2 and r2 Triggers especially since BO3.
    Been checking for years (infrequently) about how to fix it & never came across a solution worth my time.

7. 3,403
    sandungas

You can take the metal springs out and "bend" them back to recover his original form (or to make them stronger than originally)
    I use to do this as part of the "maintenance task" when opening a dualshock because usually becomes spongy with the use as you mentioned
    The tricky part is to calculate the strengh you want to achieve... so if you try make some "pressure tests" before closing the dualshock

You could also replace them by different springs, i remember one time i replaced them in a dualshock with springs taken from broken cd-roms XD
    If you are lucky to find some springs with the same characteristics is easy

RandomDude and T.A.U like this.
  8. 17
    x23are

x23are Forum Noob

9. 17
    x23are

x23are Forum Noob

can my LG TV Bluetooth signal make interferences ?

10. 131
    JediKnight007

JediKnight007 Member

I've got a similar problem - the L2 button doesn't work. Well, if I press really hard it works, but it makes other buttons activate, too. Actually, for the last several months, sometimes while on the XMB or in multiMAN buttons would just go crazy for no reason, so I guess this has been brewing for awhile.

There are videos showing DS3s getting fixed...one guy says use Q-tip + alcohol, but @sandungas says that's a bad idea. I have a brush that came with a electricrazor that's extremely soft, maybe I can use that to "dust" the copper? And maybe it's OK to use the Q-tip on the the PCB, rather than then RCB?

About that...the guy used something to "push up" the RCB against the PCB...I once did something like that to a non-working mouse button, but the problem was mechanical rather than electrical. But I won't be doing anything until I get a small screwdriver - the one I used to have broke a long time ago.

11. 3,403
    sandungas

The rubber that presses the RCB is located inside a "case" that is part of the white plastic, imo the best way to do this fix is by taking the rubber out of the "case", then put something inside the case (it could be a bit of plastic), then insert the rubber again in the "case". This way you keep the original rubber
    The piece you insert in the "case" needs to be plane and have the same thickness all along, because is needed to have the same pressure all along

The contacts of the PCB (covered with a black graphite glue) doesnt wears out, the only time when ive seen that contacts "damaged" has been today in this photos, and i cant even imagine how it happened, i guess was scratched
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/wh...to-find-a-genuine-sony-ds3.22220/#post-157764

For the RCB copper contacts the easyer way is to "paint" them with a graphite pencil, this should work (specially if you combine it with the other trick of the rubber)

I dont recomend to try to "polish" the copper contacts of the RCB by any means, but if you decide to try it post your results (and dont be shy incase of failure, it happened to me too)

JediKnight007 and T.A.U like this.
  12. 17
    x23are

x23are Forum Noob

Another wonderful test.
    i tested another ps3 with another controller and result was same!!!!!

i think a signal in my home effect on ps3 reciever! but what is it i do't know?
    and why it happen only in this game ? no effect on fifa 19 or uncharted 2 or others !?

13. 1,015
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Do you have kind of mod sprx's loaded into the memory or in the tmp folder on the HDD?

T.A.U likes this.
  14. 3,403
    sandungas

Have you tryed to play the game without loading your savedata ?
    I mean... in that soccer games you can hire players for your team, train them, change his stadistics, etc...
    Maybe you have a player that have entered in retarded mode ?
    To check that try to boot the game without any savedata

Mabe the game is like that o0

T.A.U likes this.
  15. 17
    x23are

x23are Forum Noob

no i dont use any plugin.

yes i tested it before. i cleared all my saves and no success

16. 3,403
    sandungas

So you think you have some interferences ? hmmm, thats very unusual

But you made me remember time ago there was a guy (that became a bit famous) because he was having some "paranormal activities" in his PS4
    If i remember right... the PS4 was ejecting the disc randomly (or turning ON/OFF)
    After he uploaded a few videos to youtube he got the attention of several new webs and i guess eventually sony
    If i remember right it was happening because he had a couple of huge speakers in the room (that have a magnet inside)

Not sure if the whole story im talking about was a "internet myth", and even if it was true it doesnt looks much probable that the same problem is happening to you, but well

---------------
    Btw, have you tryed to take your PS3 to other room of your house... or to the house of a friend ?

T.A.U likes this.
  17. 17
    x23are

x23are Forum Noob

no i didn't test it with other TV or other room bcz i dont have another TV . i must test it in my brother home and see whats going on!

but i think you said the right thing about interferences but why it happens in Fifa Street , it's the mysterious thing for me!!:ambivalence::ambivalence::ambivalence: