Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 Success then freezing

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit CFW Installer ( PS3 25XX Models & Lower)' started by adriang, Sep 6, 2018.

1. 2
    adriang

adriang Forum Noob

Hi guys, first time poster.
    So I have managed to get to the nor install flash memory succes but then the PS3 freezes.
    Any ideas what I am doing wrong. I', using the miniweb method. Everything seem to be working ok, get the success once installed then it freezes. If I retstart the PS3 I can't update the firmware so I'm assuming the success hasn't actually suceeded.
    After Success I left it for a good 10 minutes. Can't move cursor or press any button.

Any advice glady welcome.

Cheers

2. 2,764
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Make a dump and check it with pyps3checker
    This way you know for sure if the writing process was successfull or not

3. 2
    adriang

adriang Forum Noob

Thanks for the reply
    Is there a guide on making a dump (sounds rude)

4. 9
    QusaiSnake

QusaiSnake Forum Noob

I have the same problem man and I don't know what is the wrong!

5. 2,764
    sandungas

Get used to make dumps, is explained in the tutorials, actually is recommended to make one of the original data before writing

When you make a dump you are reading the flash (chip) contents, so there is zero risk in doing dumps, you can make as many you want, and also you can do this to get used to the procedures and to check your pc, network, and ps3 setup is working fine

Also, you need to copy the dumps to PC and get used to the pyps3checker tool (that is going to tell you if the dump contains valid data)
    This is important for the last step of the ps3exploit installation (inmediatly after writing the exploit data) when appears a warning on screen telling you to reboot the PS3

In short, the procedure (being extremelly carefull and using the dumps) is:

1) install 4.82 firmware 2 times (to fill flash fully with official 4.82 data)
    2) make a flash dump (it contains the original flash data 100% official)
    3) move that dump to PC, check it with pyps3tools, rename it and store it safe (if at some point you brick your PS3 this file can be your saviour)
    4) write the exploit !!! (and dont reboot the PS3 until step 7)
    5) make another flash dump (it contains the patched data)
    6) move that dump to PC, check it with pyps3tools, if successfull... rename it and store it safe
    7) reboot PS3
    8) epic win

6. 9
    QusaiSnake

QusaiSnake Forum Noob

Where I must store it safe in the step number 6 on my pc or the usb in the PS3?

7. 2,764
    sandungas

In PC, because you need to check its validity with pyps3checker tool
    If pyps3checker tells you is valid... it means additionally that your setup is working, this is why i suggested to use this dumps to check if everything is working fine, and to get used to the tools
    There is no risk in making dumps, so practise a bit, no hurry, later it will come in handy :)

And this flash dump is the kind of thing you could record on a CD, or keep safe together with your other personal files, or whatever you use to do with the important files you have in PC

Most probably you will never need it (because you are in HAN and it doesnt allows you to do risky things), but if at some point you brick the PS3 (because corrupted data inside the flash) you can use that dump to resurrect it :)
    Only problem... is to write a flash dump in a PS3 that doesnt boots is needed to do it "by hardware" (with a E3 flasher, or teensy) so is doable
    There are some types of bricks that are imposible to repair without the dump (and needs to be a dump valid when the PS3 was working)

8. 9
    QusaiSnake

QusaiSnake Forum Noob

I don't know man I really tried everything in the tutorial but nothing works, 4 days I am trying the Patching and my PS3 keeps frozen. I am now on the OFW 4.82 and I cannot do anything. I find this Exploit is really complicated and not stable. Any help on Youtube or something?

9. 7,422
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Tbph, since 2.0 was released over 6 months ago, the reported problems have all been caused by user errors like using a wrong patch file or the wrong USB port, using wrong settings, having made prior changes to the system files using other tools, omitting one or more steps from the instructions...

The Flash Writer 2.0 is completely stable if used within guidelines & using it is not really complicated if you follow my instructions thoroughly, don't omit anything, every single detail is there for a good reason.

I must assume that you already did a MinVerChk test & your console is compatible with CFW installation.
    If so, I suggest you reinstall OFW 4.82 first then follow carefully all the steps described in the following post.
    http://www.psx-place.com/index.php?posts/108103

FYI
    An updated Flash Writer will be released in coming weeks, I am currently polishing it.
    This update will address all typical user error problems that we reviewed in the Flash Writer 2.0 Support section during the past 6 months. With this update, I am hoping to release a version that will be basically 100% brick risk free.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    unseen, QusaiSnake and SAM696 like this.
  10. 9
    QusaiSnake

QusaiSnake Forum Noob

11. 7,422
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Don't click on the link with the X button, use the Triangle button instead to bring the menu up.

12. 9
    QusaiSnake

QusaiSnake Forum Noob

It works! thanks man, it was really easy to apply but my mistake was I click with X instead of Triangle. I restored my PS3 yesss.

sandungas likes this.