Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

Thank you PSX place and PS3Xploit devs

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by shtonkalot, Sep 17, 2018.

1. 8
    shtonkalot

shtonkalot Forum Noob

I used to have a NAND phat 4 USB memory card original release PAL console. I went through the original jailbreak. I remember using an old ipod nano with custom firmware as a usb dongle as part of that process.
    At that time I was reading instructions from another forum and it was helpful through the rather tricky and involved process.

That console died years ago. I've missed having a PS3.

So last week I thought I'd see if it was possible to get a cheap PS3 hacked without too much stuffing around. My search started with a friend offering me their 4000 series super slim.

Some google searches later I found PSX Place, and the wealth of information within. PS3Xploit was the obvious choice of hack and after reading up on HAN and CFW, model differences on PS3 hardware and how to check them I knew what I wanted to do.

I've put that 4000 series and the HAN install on the backburner for now. I got a cheap $60 Australian slim 2502B with the right date code.

Today I went through the process as safely as I could. The best information was all found here. A few youtube videos that failed to mention anything about dump checking made me just go by the written info I found here.

PS3Xploit was a breeze. Made sure I installed OFW twice, checksum on my files, dump validated before reset. All was good and the entire process was trivial.

It would not have been without the information found here. Thanks admins and mods of PSX Place. Your forums are quite a nice place to learn.
    And a big thanks to the PS3Xploit team. Still active on this awesome set of hacks, that is awesome.
    Big shout out to bguerville. You are doing great work both on the exploit and here on the forum. Keep up the great work.

2. 9,517
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I'm sure they'll enjoy reading this post.

yeah, youtube videos are often terrible...many a brick have often been the result, and that goes for any system really.

krHACKen and shtonkalot like this.
  3. 7,561
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Many thanks for the kind words on behalf of both ps3xploit & psx-place teams.
    Happy to hear that you enjoyed our tools & found the forum useful.

YT features videos ranging from very good to very bad & imho it was wise not to take the risk to follow any of them. Better stick to detailed official instructions & ask for support in case of doubt.

And happy gaming on your new CFW console... ;)

4. 8
    shtonkalot

shtonkalot Forum Noob

Well thanks all round! Cheers to that...:very drunk:

I don't know if I'm able to message you, I couldn't find an option to. Perhaps a new account restriction?
    I really do appreciate your efforts, I'd like to buy you a beer. Is there some way I can make that happen?

pinky likes this.
  5. 9,517
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

yeah, I think it's due to being a new account. I don't know the minimum post count to send pm's.

shtonkalot likes this.
  6. 247
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    @bguerville may have his own way, if you were referring to just him, however if you're wanting to help with a donation that benefits the entire PSX-Place staff, HERE is the details on how to do so via Patreon.

I agree with your comments about this community's staff and developers. Everyone I've had the honor of meeting here has always been very respectful and mature (as well as having a huge amount of patience).

I don't think there is a minimum post count that you have to have to be able to send a PM. On the top-right menu, you should see Inbox. Once you go there you can start a new conversation, then add 1 or as many people as you'd like. (Making either a one on one or group conversation.)

shtonkalot and pinky like this.
  7. 8
    shtonkalot

shtonkalot Forum Noob

Thank you, to be honest I was just meaning to buy @bguerville a beer (or their favourite equivalent refreshment) if I could figure out a way. But that said I appreciate you pointing that out and I'll also make a small donation via the patreon page if that is the best way to do so. I won't sign up but I think I can make a one off donation through the site?

Again thank you. I cannot find any way to "start a new conversation" on the inbox page. I have had a good look, if it's an option it appears to be well hidden from my eyes at least. I'm possibly just not seeing it. Any chance you could post a screenshot of the "start a new conversation" option?

Thank you for your reply.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2018
    Zazenora likes this.
  8. 7,688
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Welcome to psx-place and the kind words..

To start a PM goto a user profile and look at the tab and then start a conversation.
    7543564654.png

edit: promoted your account manually (it was not promoted yet to uinlock those forum features)

If your donating to Patreon a one time donation is doable (as low as $1.00), but please do not donate if you were wanting to donate for PS3Xploit. The patreon page is for psx-place.com support, We have operated psx-place.com out of pocket for almost four years now and we just opened the patreon page. I can't speak for the ps3xploit directly and do not know if they have something setup, but i just wanted to make that clear of what your money would be supporting. (psx-place operation cost)

Zazenora likes this.
  9. 8
    shtonkalot

shtonkalot Forum Noob

Thank you, I've been too busy playing PS3 to check back but will get on that message now.

I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. I signed up and then cancelled, I hope you got the dollars from my brief membership. I only just did this now so I don't know how it shows up on your end.

You are too kind here. Shut up and take my money!
    I reckon a small link to a paypal account or other simple way to donate would be appropriate for you guys to have. I feel a bit icky having signed up to patreon with my details just for this one thing. I would really have liked a more direct way to give you guys a couple of bucks. It's not like you ask for it, don't be shy to make it easy for people that want to give you some operating costs.

Honestly these forums are a treasure to me. I'm sure to many others. I'm about to have a lurk about for answers and if I don't find them I feel confident I can ask and get some quality help here. That has value. And yes it's the community that makes it so valuable, but that community needs an infrastructure and someone has to pay for it and be always on the job to keep it working.

I was on GBAtemp a long time back. Remember when they literally sold out. There used to be a lot more good there than there is now. They sold a lot of their magic. If there isn't financial pressure here that will never even be a concern. You guys are good, I want you to stay good.

All this talk and I only chucked in $5 :P

sandungas and STLcardsWS like this.
  10. 7,561
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

FYI Ps3xploit Team will soon be adding a PayPal donation button on the ps3xploit.com website. ;)

Zazenora, STLcardsWS and shtonkalot like this.
  11. 8
    shtonkalot

shtonkalot Forum Noob

Cheers mate. I will make use of it.

But get back to me about the private message too :very drunk:

12. 7,688
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Thank You...

We may setup some alternative donation links perhaps .

Every little bit helps, we welcome couch cushion change and the between the seat waters by that old french fries .. Again thanks for the support, kind words go along ways as well. :)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    shtonkalot likes this.
  13. 7,688
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

All i see, you made the pledge and canceled the pledge.
    You do not actually get charged until first of the next month (October 1st in this case). (so in other words keep the pledge active until your charged, then cancel for a one-time contribution)

Thanks for your support :)

shtonkalot likes this.
  14. 8
    shtonkalot

shtonkalot Forum Noob

That's something I'm not really comfortable doing. Only because I may forget and not notice the charge.
    Please do, I really would like to donate a few bucks.

STLcardsWS likes this.
  15. 7,688
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

No worries, completely understand.. , we will get something setup