The PS4 Running Steam (app) through Arch Linux.

Discussion in 'PS4 News' started by STLcardsWS, May 21, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on May 21, 2016 at 8:22 PM
  1. 6,320
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

You remember developer @ OsirisX from his recent works such as the popular PlayStation 3 Plugin for CFW users (PS3XPAD). The developer now has created a video recently showing how he is Running Steam on his 1.76 firmware based PS4 Console with Arch Linux and Team Fail0verflow PS4 Radeon Patches . Most games are reported to be working, with mid to low on the settings on the Steam App through Arch Linux on the PS4 :) .. . View video demo and additional details below:

Ps4_LinUX_Steam.jpg

Source:
    wololo.net/talk/

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'PS4 News' started by STLcardsWS, May 21, 2016.

1. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      I was surprised by the lack of views of this piece of news when i logged in, but i noticed i forgot to promote the article properly.for everyone to view (sorry guys/gals i should of had this up last night). Anyhow it appears to be some great news.
      tonybologna and Future Appeaser like this.
    2. ricardo
      ricardo
      we are close to victory :rapture:
      1986panzi1986 and tonybologna like this.
    3. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      In fact running those games is NOT emulation. And assuming that professional made drivers can give some boost (10fps more?) to games. I need to say that... PS4 is weak, and outdated hardware comparing to mid-end PC imo.
    4. Future Appeaser
      Future Appeaser
      Yes it is weak compared to pc but the fact is pc will always have the higher advantage ;)

Which is why I could never understand pc vs console wars lol.
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    5. Future Appeaser
      Future Appeaser
      He's coming... :victorious:
    6. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      The thing about Console vs PC , Console i feel are better able to get full potential out of the hardware. Where as PC games you have to design and develop with a range. That why i feel hardware in consoles can stay relevant for much longer period because that specific hardware can be targeted and optimized much better then your PC that is going into a range of specs.
      tonybologna and Future Appeaser like this.
    7. Zoilus
      Zoilus

pc vs console war ...shouldn't even be a "war" ....apples to oranges. But this is nothing new...im a car guy...been one for 30+yrs and it never stops "shocking/annoying" me to no end ....how all things "speed" and "racing" is narrowed down to just horsepower by dumb dumbs who "think" they know it all,

that same mentality is exactly what fuels pc vs console.... "they both play games" so automatically they're put on the same comparison field. insane.

completely different demographics, completely different market, completely different marketing strategies, different hardware, completely different style of execution...the list goes on and on. no comparison.

Just like there is NO perfect , food, song, car, house, girl, guy, etc etc there is no perfect video game hardware... just preference. Thats where it begins and ends.

The news about the ps4 is exciting though...it seems like something BIG could be right around the corner!
      Last edited: May 22, 2016
      0_obeWAN and Future Appeaser like this.
    8. tonybologna
      tonybologna
      This is some good news to see posted on here. :D
    9. 1986panzi1986
      1986panzi1986
      i only see what i've come to destroy
    10. eXtreme
      eXtreme
      is it real or fake ? I can't see the boot process, I mean he is not typing anything after he loaded the linux kernel image. and I can't see that he launch steam.
    11. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      I doubt fake , he is has had some nice releases in the PS3 scene.