Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 theory about the CFW2OFW games that give black screen but has update

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN ( PS3 3k / 4k Models)' started by PattrickH, Nov 7, 2018.

1. 91
    PattrickH

PattrickH Member

As we all know there are games that give errors and they can not be executed but they have an update
    In the case of GTA IV, it gives a black screen and the PS3devwiki page says that the solution is to use the PSN version and EBOOT.BIN of the update from the disk version of the same region and then resign the .edat file with a free license, which it worked perfectly
    It will be possible to do this trick with the other games that give error, but with update? (Just cause 2, etc)

Sorry for my bad English, i use the godness google translator

Maybe if some people have some PSN games and do this trick to confirm and edit the CFW2OFW Compatibilty List Entry?

2. 20
    Sciaa...

Sciaa... Forum Noob

That list shows:
    "Use EBOOT from BLES00229 update. Place the EBOOT into the NPEB00882\USRDIR folder then resign the common.edat to free license."

But NPEB00882 is the Official PSN PKG for GTA IV which will 100% work/activate with HAN when paired with its matching fake-resigned RAP PKG.

What is the purpose of "Use EBOOT from BLES00229 update. Place the EBOOT into the NPEB00882\USRDIR folder then resign the common.edat to free license."? — Is that to activate NPEB00882 from PSN without the licence from a GTAIV retail disc?

3. 20
    Sciaa...

Sciaa... Forum Noob

Just found this related thread, HAN: DLC installation without the need to enable HAN

OP said, "...I do this to investigate the possibilities of HAN. If someone is interested I can make a tutorial in the future, because it is useful for people who stay at 4.82 and do not want to enable HAN every time they start their console."

4. 91
    PattrickH

PattrickH Member

yeah something i think is because the EBOOT from the disc ver is license free so...

5. 2,764
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Btw... You can use scetool.exe to see the info of the eboot.bin
    The biggest problem when doing this is the amount of info given by scetool is big and very technical, is the kind of info when you see it for the first time you are not going to understand anything

PattrickH likes this.
  6. 91
    PattrickH

PattrickH Member

I tested with the Episodes From Liberty City (NPEB00907), using the same method of update from disc ver and resigning common.edat, working successfully

Louis Garry likes this.
  7. 104
    arcadekidflo

arcadekidflo Member

So..what are the files that need modify ? eboot , param ?

8. 91
    PattrickH

PattrickH Member

replacing eboot from update of disk version and resign .edat to free license

9. 174
    amirzaim

amirzaim Member

I had been facing this issue, especially when running Need For Speed Hot Pursuit and also Most Wanted games. It's possible to run bit flawlessly when installing with HAN debug enabled but it should be better enjoyed offline.

For some reason, EA had been sending an email regarding enjoying NFS: Most Wanted on my PS3 which I have an Origin account connected with it and requires to be active on PS3 at least 90 days before terminating the access.

Tags: