Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 HAN Transfer Data utility from OFW to CFW

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by SoJustMe, Sep 25, 2018.

1. 40
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

Can i use Transfer Data Utility to copy my Han games on OFW console to CFW console without affecting the CFW system or mess up the ps3xploir v2 ?

i have like 400+ GB games installed .

i asked here because it takes too much time to Transfer like 12h or more

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  2. 211
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    Here's a little information regarding this subject:
    As far as I know, HAN can also be installed on CFW. (& vice versa, According to various screenshots I've seen.)
    You will need to have the HAN USER account that is used to install games on your HAN enabled OFW console, also on the CFW console, since these games are tied to that account. (ACT.dat & IDPS.hex files would probably also be needed, especially for future game installations.)

I can't say for certain that transferring them in the way you're describing would work immediately. I've seen mixed answers on people asking a similar question, and I don't have CFW myself so I can't test it. Those games are tied to a specific account, and without the correct information to match, they won't work and would need to be reinstalled regardless using an account that you personally have access to.
    (by creating a new USER & PSN account that you would be using for installing HAN as well as any games/backups in the future.)
    This is one of the problems of acquiring games through a "paid service", a.k.a "Piracy". If you don't actually own the games that you acquired on your console from whoever installed the exploit or CFW, it's still technically piracy. You may not find much there help considering that part.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    SoJustMe likes this.
  3. 40
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

So you mean by Piracy that most likely i will be banned once i go online .

I had come to conclusion that it is not a Han rather thab copy games files that come from CFW2OFW to hdd0/game , on CFW then transfer Data to OFW console ;because i re checked my console there is no sign of Han ; and there is a Multiman that don't work among the games, i tried to copy files from CWF2OFW help11 fix, God Of war 3 ;to hdd0/game via Ethernet and it worked on my CFW without Multiman to run it , now i want the other games to have them and convert them to PKG then resign them to my account, because they are good copies that is really working with no problem, i tried many games but most end up in errors ,for example GTA V with conversion it lag in installing inside the game ; whenever i re do the conversion it differ like the conversion itslef have some error

4. 7,340
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

I don't think you quite understand what HAN is, what features it offers & what limitations it is bound to.
    HAN is a npdrm hack which means it can only help run npdrm files, games/apps, basically any licensed content downloaded from PSN.
    That's it.
    No homebrew support, no multiman or whatever. Only resigned psn game support.

As to the cfw2ofw conversions from retail BD disc games, those already existed long before HAN. They do not need HAN to run. But there was no way to install a pkg before Han so the cfw2ofw pkg files could not be installed on any 4.70+ console. With the HAN Debug pkg Enabler, they can now be installed. Compatibility issues with some conversions however are not HAN related at all but a problem with the cfw2ofw conversion process.

HAN is a useful but limited hack. It's a stepping stone to play with until better stuff comes along.

Louis Garry, SoJustMe and Zazenora like this.
  5. 211
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    You won't necessarily get banned for having pirated games on your console. (The way you started off in your original post had me thinking that you paid someone to install HAN as well as provide you with games that you didn't own. I aplogize if that isn't the case. I was mainly referring to PSX-Place community rules.)

HAN is safer than CFW (in my opinion) in that s0ny's firmware checking methods aren't really relavent. They have ways to see if you're using CFW, in which case can cause you to get banned. I've seen "spoofers" that are supposed to help hide your CFW status, however I'm uncertain as to how effective this is.

I recommend that you keep your console off of the actual internet while transferring/installing games via HAN. Any PS1, PS2, or PSP games that are not legit digital games that can be found on the Store, should also be played while offline. I have been able to play a few PS3 games that I'd converted using cfw2ofw method online without incident. Just don't use cheats or modded .pkg's. There isn't any actual proof on how effective certain methods are for hiding your activities from s0ny, but so far there's no direct evidence linking HAN to a ban. (However this could change at any given time, should they eventually decide to act on this exploit.)

If you have games you're wanting to transfer and play from your HAN enabled console to your CFW console, it'd probably save you alot of trouble if you have the ability to just install HAN on the CFW console and reinstall the games. (Data Transferring saves and user accounts should be okay.) I have seen people that have tried transferring their games as you've described, and ended up being unable to play them because of license issues. Now, I'm not saying that it isn't possible.

If you do decide to try data transferring, just keep in mind that you will if anything have to reinstall the RIF files for each game from the HAN USER account that was used to install them on the HAN enabled OFW console.
    (I think I got this right, if not someone please correct me.)

SoJustMe likes this.
  6. 40
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

I have started Data Transfet hours ago from OFW console that has the games To my friend's console with fresh OFW ( without Han) both are 4.82 version.

I will provide you the result once it finish

I have a feeling it is not Han installer games from the paid service , why is that?

Because :
    1- they said that i will lose all my data
    2- they checked and ask me if it does overheated or the fan has load sound after playing for few hours
    3- when i re checked the games it has an edit Title names next to the orignal title of game("argus Saprinta").
    4- there is no Han or the PKG installer in the system
    5- there was a Multiman that doesn't work.
    Why did they put it? They are not stupid to put multiman that does not work!!
    6 - at first i asked them to put a specified games but they said they can't do that , they said it a package you can't choose.
    7- i am sure that someone told me that he gave hem his console and they said the Ethernet ahould be fixed to install the package.

If you connect all points you will come to conclosion that it is Data Transfer.

I already tested the 2 files after conversion with CWF2OWF of God War game 3,

then i put them on my CFW console via FileZilla Ethernet to hdd0/game

Then i did a rebuild data
    And now it works without Multiman or Han or depug it is CFW anyways .

Now waiting for my test of Data Transfer and i will come back when it finishes

7. 681
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

SoJustMe likes this.
  8. 40
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

I will put my result ; what is the problem ? Can someone explain to me whenever i talk about something ; someone pop up saying "Piracy" ,that magic word of sharing an exclusive Information with the humind kind.

We allowed to talk about Ps3 CWF but not when i open a topic , is not CFW and Han part of Piracy ? It is a ps3xploit forum

9. 681
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

read the forum rules

SoJustMe and STLcardsWS like this.
  10. 7,340
    bguerville

I can definitely explain.
    There is no hipocrisy or double standard because contrary to what you may think, while CFW & HAN can be used for piracy, it's not at all the reason why those tools were created. Using CFW or Han does NOT imply piracy.

It's quite simple, and there is nothing magic about the word, if you own licenses for all the games/apps you use, there is no piracy issue, on the other hand, if you don't, it's piracy & posting about it here is in breach of our forum guidelines, which you agreed to uphold when you signed up!
    Same thing goes when you try to copy all the games from your console to your friend's console. Do you both own all the licenses for the games you are copying? If not, it's piracy too.
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/site-forum-rules-guidelines.79/

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
    SoJustMe, STLcardsWS and Zazenora like this.
  11. 40
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

Now i can fully understand , thank you .

Trust me i have no idea what piracy exactly mean, i thought everything is part of piracy lol,

I do this for expirement only .

My topic was not about the games,
    It was about if i can Transfer Data from
    OFW to CFW without currupting the ps3xploit V2 . I said uncessary things but i told that because i wanted someone to explain how did they manage to do it ! After going throuh Han methods it is not Han method.

12. 40
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

Ok guys ,the result of the Data Transfer

It is all DONE SUCCESSFULLY
    IT IS WORKING WITHOUT HAN.

I will now dump the idps and act to see if they been transfered as well ,

And how can i check if my game been resigned before or not? Is there a tool to check ?

@bguerville
    @Zazenora

Zazenora likes this.
  13. 7,340
    bguerville

Idps & act.dat from one console are not transferable to another ofw console. Idps is a per-console key!

Games are stored in /dev_hdd0/game.

I am not aware of any tool detecting resigned HAN files.

CFW2OFW converted games will have a lic.dat file in a LICDIR folder. They don't need HAN so they are not resigned.
    Note however that some people still resign them anyway so that even these games work with HAN enabled & there is no need to reboot between games that use HAN & those that don't.

PSN games will not have a lic.dat.
    Those games will be resigned with HAN ecdsa signature unless they were officially installed. Each PSN game will be located in a 9 character folder starting with N. They should also have a corresponding rif license file in the profile folder. The rif licenses in the profile folder should help you find all the HAN resigned games, it's likely each rif license file name will include the 9 character gameid of the game & point you to its game installation path.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    SoJustMe and Zazenora like this.
  14. 211
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    cfw2ofw games aren't dependant on a PSN profile, as digital games are. Digital games will only work as long as the profile associated with it is on the console.
    I prefer to resign all packages whether they're BluRay or Digital (PSN Download) just to be on the safe side, and as @bguerville mentioned, not needing to reboot between games and re-enabling HAN.

If the transferred game is already resigned before transferring, it should still be resigned on the other end. When you finish converting a backup and have it ready to transfer/install onto the PS3, the package (.PKG) file will have the word "_resigned.pkg" at the end of the file's name. On the PS3 however, the package has already been unpacked and installed, and I've only found that PS1 games leave a backup of the installation package that can be found in the Package Manager.. The Rif licenses contained in the profile folder are the keys that verify each game and communicate to the DRM protection that the game is legit and associated with a particular profile on the console.

I'm glad you were able to transfer them.

SoJustMe likes this.