Trasfer PS3 account to new HDD?

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by Bersekz, Nov 8, 2018.

1. 23
    Bersekz

Bersekz Member

I need to transfer my account with saves and trophies, just need to copy the entire home folder right?

I don't know why but while trasfering with FTP, the link keeps being shutted down (even though I have a cmd open in another window with ping to PS3 and that never crashes)... So while I transfer lots of files, it crashes, transfer some MBs, crashes again, transfer some MBs, and so on... I couldn't fix it either with FileZilla or WinSCP, and I have it set to no timeout in multiMAN so no clue.

After transfering some amount of the data, the link crashes forever, and I cannot establish a new FTP connection anymore if not by restarting the console. It's like when the print spooler gets filled up to limit so that there's no more space in printer memory... No clue what happens exactly with PS3, I think maybe too many files to process?

2. 9,404
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I think you'd need to enter your information into the xregistry as well. I've never done it though, but it sounds like a pita to do manually.

yes, the ps3 has trouble with lots of small files. plus, ftp is given low priority for system stability sake.

T.A.U and Walter.C like this.
  3. 25
    SpyroMancer

SpyroMancer Member

Copy the trophy follder and xregistry.sys file. Backup with the ps3 utility under system settings. Change hdd, install same cfw as before, restore the previously backed up files with the restore utility under system settings. Then install multiman, copy the trophy folder and xregistry.sys file to their original place. shutdown, enter recovery mode, rebuild database and you're done.

I did it yesterday, to refresh my cfw installation after many different cfw installations to find the one i like to have, so i know it works.

T.A.U, pinky and Walter.C like this.
  4. 18
    Walter.C

Walter.C Forum Noob

good to know. Thanks ;)

pinky likes this.
  5. 9,404
    pinky

that is interesting, 'cause I thought the main problem with using the same xregistry was the hdd serial number. maybe rebuilding the database corrects that?

6. 23
    Bersekz

Bersekz Member

I don't have an external HDD, is a pendrive enough to backup user data through PS3 backup function? Also, I remember reading xregistry.sys file gets filled with shit in-between over time, you can't use a brand new one? I think I can because I never connected to PSN so I have no ID that binds my trophies?

7. 25
    SpyroMancer

SpyroMancer Member

To be completely precise, i used the same hdd. i took it out, plugged it on my pc, low-level formatted it and put it back to the ps3. So maybe you're right about the hdd serial number. I don''t know about that.

8. 25
    SpyroMancer

SpyroMancer Member

The size depends on what you have on your hdd. Better delete all the game data first and keep only your savedata, so the backup size should be smaller.

9. 9,404
    pinky

afaik, the account id is all 0s if you've never signed in to psn. saves (possibly trophies) will be updated once you sign in.

a pendrive probably isn't sufficient unless you have very little on the hdd.

10. 23
    Bersekz

Bersekz Member

According to "sandungas" if I've never gone online + use same user ID, it should be as easy as copy paste of trophy and savedata folders.

EDIT: I confirm you, just copy pasted trophy and savedata folders, rebuilt database and it's working!

Anyway, is it possible to upgrade from webMAN-MOD Lite to Full edition? Is there any way to check which one is installed?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    T.A.U, sandungas and Walter.C like this.
  11. 2,764
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Yes, is super easy :)

Also, the trophies can be copyed to any other user account (even in a different PS3)... so you can create (just an example), lets say 10 new users accounts and paste your trophies from the other profile in all them... rebuild database and thats all... you will have 10 users with the same trophies unlocked (just an example, doing this is a bit pointless imo)
    For the savegames is a bit more tricky because contains the "user number" (is a number given to the user when the offline account was created, and is the same number under dev_hdd0 used by the PS3 to store your user files)... but there is an easy way to bypass this problem, lets say if the "donor" user is 000000012 you can format/replace hdd and create up to 12 users in the "new" hdd then paste the files under path 00000012, rebuild database and thats all :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    T.A.U likes this.
  12. 1,529
    Berion

Berion Developer

If owner doesn't get NP Account ID (which means register this console account on SEN). After that, everything saves and trophies are tied to it and easier is editing this ID in xRegistry.sys rather than resigning all stuff.

If owner get NPAID, You can still move trophies whatever You like but cannot earning new or syncing them.

T.A.U likes this.
  13. 2,764
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

I was meaning about this scenario that is the easyest (where the account id is filled with zeroes), is just a matter of doing a fine copypaste of trophies and savegames from old hdd to new hdd :)

14. 1,529
    Berion

Berion Developer

Yeah, I know, but if someone in future find this topic, could not understand that this stick only to "untied accounts".