Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 HAN [TUTORIAL] Convert PSX/PS2/PSP Games for PS3Xploit 3.0 HAN

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN ( PS3 3k / 4k Models)' started by Sakimotor, Mar 14, 2018.

1. 2
    Shuubaru

Shuubaru Forum Noob

I'm still getting error 80028f17 when launching PS1 games. I've dumped again act.dat and idps.hex thinking they were the problem as in another thread said and nothing. (I've used them no editing anything, I just put them on root folder of "PS3xploit-resigner-master" with the .exe and dll files)

I've follow this tutorial and the main from "All in One guide" step by step; also, when I enable my han it says "Enabling HAN for CEX..." instead of just "Enabling HAN..." like in some other video tutorials I've seen. Maybe is there any difference? But like I said, I've follow the tutorials step by step.

The games I've tried to run are Silent Hill (both NTSC and PAL), GTA2 (used on PS3 Han main tutorial, also both NTSC-PAL) and RE3 (PAL) and nothing seems to work. My PS3 is a Super Slim one with Firmware 4.82

2. 10
    danieloks.xd1997

danieloks.xd1997 Forum Noob

I had the same problem and I realized that I was copying the wrong file. Make sure you are copying the eboot and the "iso.bin.edat" and don't copy the "iso.bin.dat". Moreover,you have to write the param.sfo from the main folder and from the save folder. Look that part in this guide:
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/tutorial-the-great-ps3xploit-3-0-han-all-in-one-guide.16979/

3. 2
    Shuubaru

Shuubaru Forum Noob

I've already checked all the files and they are the right ones, so I haven't confused them. I've been also editing both param.sfo files.

EDIT: I've been wondering, does the "PS3 System" option has any influence when editing the param.sfo? I know the tutorial itself doesn't mention it but I'm curious

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  4. 378
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Member

Musician
    The 'enabling HAN for CEX' message is because there is now DEX available for 4.82 so when you enable HAN you will see this message differently depending if your console is DEX or CEX. So nothing to worry about here.

Your error code relates to ps1 or ps2 disk not being detected...

This probs means that you have created the pkg wrong or your iso is corrupt in some way, but as you have tried a few games, I'd imagine it isn't corrupt media.

Aldostools has updated one of his tools to make ps1 classics converting alot simpler
    Just

It took me some time to learn how to create ps1 classics. And I still go back and reference my guide because I always forget and get confused with the amount of tools needed for game converting

5. 21
    Ed Roberts

Ed Roberts Forum Noob

Can anyone help ? After 4 successful han back-up installations I hit my 1st snag ,when trying to run c.o.d black-ops 3 it tells me I need the disc ,any ideas as to why?

6. 39
    Md Hesam

Md Hesam Forum Noob

Home Page:
    can I play burned ps1 disc on ps3 super slim han without retail disc

7. 26
    llvllr30

llvllr30 Forum Noob

i think that wont work

8. 15
    Mogulkhan

Mogulkhan Forum Noob

there is some solution for the silent hill origins ps2 that tends to give blank screen when you get to the house on fire

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  9. 378
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Member

Musician
    aldostools has updated his ps2classicgui tool to allow for configs.
    If you download this latest update, you will also get a pack of configs files for many many games.

Just make the ps2 backup as normal and the tool will ask for the configs file when making the pkg, continue as normal after this to resign/install etc.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  10. 39
    Md Hesam

Md Hesam Forum Noob

Home Page:
    can I put psx iso on usb and then play on ps3

11. 378
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Member

Musician
    No, you need to convert and install on ps3 to play. No iso support yet

12. 15
    Mogulkhan

Mogulkhan Forum Noob

update to the 2.1 and at the moment the config appears but I do not know which to choose gx, soft, net or custom I'm new in all this

13. 378
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Member

Musician
    Havent had the need for config files so unsure which you need...

14. 15
    Mogulkhan

Mogulkhan Forum Noob

add the custom configuration of SLUS_217.31 but the blank screen still appears; I am doing something wrong

15. 378
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Member

Musician
    I'm afraid I can't help further, bud. But someone might come along that can help.
    Or you could test the other configs

Sakimotor and Md Hesam like this.
  16. 15
    Mogulkhan

Mogulkhan Forum Noob

Well, thanks anyway

17. 4
    Chaorchaotic

Chaorchaotic Forum Noob

How do I convert ps1 multi disc games to play on PS3?

18. 2,582
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Before messing around with config files for PS2 games is better to get used to all that by building a PS2 PKG with a game that has been reported as "working" without config file (in other words, the ps2 emulator runs the game perfect and doesnt needs a config file for it)

Not sure if you made that, but anyway im explaining it in general for other people that could read this message
    To know if a specific game needs config (or not) look at this list http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

Silent hills origins (without config) has a bug that happens in a scene inside a room, in other words, the game should boot without config and you can play... up to that point in the game where appears the bug
    What i mean with this is you are having other problem, because the game doesnt boots for you

If you want to add the config to fix that bug (when building the PKG) i guess you have to choose it from the "custom" category

The other categories of configs that appears in the tool are officials (100% made by sony) but belongs to other ps2 emulator types
    The PS3 firmware have several ps2 emulators (up to 4 different ones), and that configs was extracted from them
    But by booting the PS2 game in the way HAN users are doing it (PS2 game booted from a PKG) is always used the "net" PS2 emulator

The others ("gx", "soft") are not intended to be used with the "net" PS2 emulator... are just there because... sometimes works... but the probabilities of success are low or partial

-----------
    In a custom firmware we can make tests with ps2 configs way more easyer, is just a matter of replacing the config file by a different one and boot the ISO, and there are backup managers like managunz that has features that allows to do this very fast (it has a config selector, like the one in the PC tool, with the same collection of some hundreds configs)
    In HAN is a pita to make ps2 config tests because is needed to prepare and rebuild the PKG in PC, then transfer it to PS3, etc... so my suggestion is to dont spend much time in that tests with PS2 configs... and just use the ones that has been reported as "working" by people in custom firmwares

19. 12
    ucupthea

ucupthea Forum Noob

i have some problem...
    1. Where i can get files act.dat and idps.bin?
    2. When i converting PSP games, I've got message Error: Missing ISO.BIN.EDAT...

What should i do?

please help...

20. 261
    Sakimotor

Sakimotor Member

1. You get them from the previous HAN tutorials, just follow this one : http://www.psx-place.com/threads/tutorial-the-great-ps3xploit-3-0-han-all-in-one-guide.16979/

2. You have to make the following :

Fin9ersMcGee likes this.