Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 [Tutorial] How to enable HAN offline

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN ( PS3 3k / 4k Models)' started by lmn7, Sep 21, 2018.

1. 785
    esc0rtd3w

esc0rtd3w Developer

Hacker
    Home Page:
    cool :cool:

yeah, it supports copying to flash, or anywhere, by default.

+syscall(sc_fs_umount,flash_partition_addr,fs_addr,mount_path_addr,0,0,0,0,0)

you would need to edit paths here:

template_1_file_blind='/dev_blind/template_1.bin';
    template_1_file_usb='/template_1.bin';

if using the templates from here: https://github.com/PS3Xploit/han-autoxml-template/tree/master/han/extras

Louis Garry and lmn7 like this.
  2. 2,928
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Nice, sure is useful, in some way it can be considered one of the required hacks to build a filemanager on top of the web browser

Louis Garry and lmn7 like this.
  3. 87
    lmn7

lmn7 Member

Cool, yeah those variables are now set from user input. The only annoying thing is I can't get error messages working properly, maybe I'll put some more effort into it later.

esc0rtd3w likes this.
  4. 50
    Assassin_dude998

Assassin_dude998 Forum Noob

Why not just make a full section of offline things like the original toolbox but without the web server thing.

5. 56
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

Might be a little off topic, but since the current discussion seems to be about copying.

I was wondering if there's any possible way to use something like this for copying "copy" protected game saves without a PS+ subscription? Dark Souls / Dark Souls 2 for example.

krug likes this.
  6. 87
    lmn7

lmn7 Member

Not all tools can be modified to work offline because some are too large and there is a character limit when loading javascript through XMBL files. Besides, the full scripts are provided to you, it's not hard to edit them yourself.

Yes it's possible, not with that particular script though as that is for copying files from a flash drive to the PS3's flash or hard drive. However, the act.dat/IDPS dumper can be re-purposed to do this, or maybe there is some other file copying tool I'm not aware of.

If your PS3's hard drive is not very large, you could make a backup using the backup utility and extract those saves using PS3Xport with your IDPS. This is not very practical however, probably best to wait for a PS3 -> USB file copier.

krug and Major_Pothead92 like this.
  7. 87
    lmn7

lmn7 Member

Hey man, thought I'd let you know that the updated script should allow you to copy your saves to your USB flash drive. You will need to grab the file paths by using the file explorer in HAN Toolbox, then just copy each file one by one. Most saves have about 5 files so it shouldn't take too long.

Major_Pothead92 and krug like this.
  8. 56
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

I'll check it out man, thanks!!

PS I've looked around for game saves using the file explorer in HAN toolbox, and can't seem to figure out for sure where they are stored. It would be /dev_hdd0 - home - whichever profile - savedata folder right? Also, how do I install this script lol? I have toolbox 0.5 and can't find the file copier. There is a file injector, but when I click inject XML I just get taken to a blank page that keeps loading until I get the 80710092 error.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  9. 87
    lmn7

lmn7 Member

Yeah that's where the saves are stored, you can find the right save by checking the game ID and matching that with the savedata folder name. I attached a pkg file with the script, you don't need to resign it, just enable HAN and install.

When you open the file copier you'll want to change the source dropdown menu item to "/dev_hdd0/", then in the source file text box put something like "home/USERID/savedata/SAVEDATAFOLDER/file.dat", obviously replacing parts of the path accordingly.

For the destination path, you can put "/dev_usb000/" for the rightmost USB port, or 001 for the left USB port. You can name the files whatever you like but I'd recommend keeping the names consistent with the source file. After you copied all of the files, you can make a folder with the same name as the savedata folder, then put all of the files in there (or copy all of the files directly to that folder). You can then use a save resigner tool to remove the copy-protection.

If you're having trouble copying files after a couple of tries, just close the browser and re-open it, and it should eventually let you copy all of the files. Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

10. 56
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

Awesome! Kudos again my friend. Going to test this out with Dark Souls 2 lol. I already did my NG+ so I want to try modding my save now. No more grinding lol.

11. 17
    krug

krug Forum Noob

wait, we can backup copy protected saves without ps plus? sweet!