PS3 [TUTORIAL] How to Inject PS3 Backups and transfer LIC.EDAT using PS3xploit

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Guides' started by amirzaim, May 16, 2018.

1. 148
    amirzaim

amirzaim Member

Before we're going down with this guide here, you will need some of these below:

1. PS3 game folder (PS3_GAME) that are dumped from compatible BD-ROM driver, usually Asus branded or equivalent BD-ROM drive which have MTK chip on it.
    2. PS3 backup folder, backed up from PS3 console with no game installed.
    3. CFW2OFW Helper program
    4. TrueAncestor Backup Retailer
    5. PS3exploit lite version
    6. USB flash drive (minimum 32GB/Go)
    7. A brain. Please read it carefully!

PS: Tutorial guide tested with PS3 Superslim with OFW 4.82, really works well...

Here's on how to do it:...

=====1. GAME CONVERSION=====

1.1 Copy "PS3_GAME" folder into "CFW2OFW" Helper directory and run "CFW2OFW Helper.exe". The program will detect the game ID and creates both folders for game conversion and also searching for its game updates.

1.2 If the game updates are available, please be patient until the process finishes. If the game does not have its update files, the program will give an error message like this - ROOT ELEMENT IS MISSING.

1.3 After finishing game conversion process, go to game folder on the CFW2OFW directory and copy both game folders (BLAAXXXXX and NPAAXXXXX) inside it. Then, paste into "game" folder inside TrueAncestor Backup Retailer (TABR) directory.

=====2. PREPARING BACKUP INJECTION & RESTORING BACKUP=====

2.1 After copying/moving both game folders into the location as stated above, copy the PS3 backup folder from USB flash drive into "backup" folder inside TABR directory.

2.2 Launch TABR program and enter number "1" to go to Select backup folder menu and then select the backup folder which had been pasted inside TABR directory. After that, enter "B" key to go back.

2.3 Then, enter number "4" to go to "Add Game Folder" menu and select it all by enter "A" key. After that, enter "B" key to go back.

2.4 Start the backup injection process by enter "S" key and then type "OK" when prompted. Wait until finishes.

2.5 After that, copy the newly-created backup folder from output folder inside TABR directory to PS3>EXPORT>BACKUP in the USB flash drive and replace the existing backup folder with the new ones.

2.6 Boot up PS3 console and put the flash drive on the right side of USB port. Then, go to System Settings>Backup Utility and select Restore. Then select the USB flash drive and also the backup folder. Wait until finishes. Then proceed to section 3.

=====3. INJECTING LIC.EDAT FILES=====

3.1 Copy the LIC.EDAT file from the "NPAAXXXXX>LICDIR" folder inside game folder in TABR directory into root directory of USB flash drive. Then, insert the USB flash drive on the right side of the USB port.

3.2 Edit "edat.js" in PS3exploit lite miniweb and replace the existing game ID with the new ones which used for backup injection (NPAAXXXXX type only). Make sure that the file name is "LIC.EDAT". The format should be like this:

path_usb_test_bin="/dev_usb000/LIC.EDAT";
    path_hdd_test_bin="/dev_hdd0/game/NPUB31010/LICDIR/LIC.EDAT";
    file_size=65936;

3.3 Connect both PS3 and PC in a same network and launch "miniweb.exe" from "PS3exploit lite" directory. Then, launch PS3 browser and set the default homepage to the IP address from the "miniweb.exe" and must be type in full address including "http:// "as well. After that restart PS3 browser.

3.4 After relaunch the browser, you will see the exploit page and before you're doing it, you might need to clear all of its browser caches first.

3.5 Next, click the "Initialize ROP Chain" button to initialize the exploit.

3.6 Then, go to next button to transfer the LIC.DAT file.

3.7 Test run the game by launching it. If the game launches well without issues, then congratulations!

Guide source: https://www.psxhax.com/threads/tuto...p-and-transfer-lic-edat-using-ps3xploit.4051/ (old method)

2. 163
    Louay

Louay Member

College student
    Home Page:
    there bd games that have .dat file in it so after conversion files will be encrypted to .edat files many like assassin's creed contain this file so you will face an error after injecting and powering the ps3 the best solution is HAN convert game to pkg and install withou formatting the whole ps3 or to redo all the games that were installed i have about 318 games in PKG format and all tested and works just activate HAN then go to PKG Manger install and have fun

3. 191
    ayassinsayed

ayassinsayed Member

Same to me i convert assassin's creed Using cfw2ofw helper 11 h1 but game start black and out to xmb how i can convert it to run how did u fix that problem ?? ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. 163
    Louay

Louay Member

College student
    Home Page:
    assassin's creed what game excatly ?? and be assure that ASSASSIN_ISO is in the USRDIR of game if is not then make it manually

ayassinsayed likes this.
  5. 148
    amirzaim

amirzaim Member

The only problem running game via backup injection is when the user don't paying attention at the guide 100% or you just follow the guide thoroughly but missing a tiny point there.

If you're following the guide 100% but still have an error, check at CFW2OFW compatibility site to check whether your game is compatible or not. If found incompatible, just forget it and enjoy it with the damn game disc.

Last edited: May 18, 2018
  6. 19
    jetuaime81

jetuaime81 Member

how do we inject multiple LIC files. Like for 20 games we have to edit edat.js 20 times and transfer?

7. 148
    amirzaim

amirzaim Member

Usually, like that, but it is better to install HAN exploit and install multiple games into it.

8. 19
    jetuaime81

jetuaime81 Member

i havent tried HAN yet. but i believe everytime i start ps3 need to enable HAN.

i have a CFW ps3 i do DTU but because it uses ethernet port it is very slow. But after transfer its cool