PS3 HAN [Tutorial] How to install PS3 Backup Games (Converted) on PS3 with HAN

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN ( PS3 3k / 4k Models)' started by TheHSN, Mar 18, 2018.

1. 9
    ClicKers

ClicKers New Member

Student
    Well u don't need the lic PKG for this app and also u need ur act and idps put in the tool folder where the applications are.

2. 4
    nikitaluger

nikitaluger New Member

Awesome if that's the case I will test one later. Another quick question, can I use this application to just convert the CFW2OFW games into PKG? I plan to sign the games later on via PKG Resigned by Habib since I have 3 consoles to install games on.

3. 9
    ClicKers

ClicKers New Member

Student
    Yeah I think so, u can find it in the option. But I advise let it do both. Since It was made by Habib ND others. Hope it's the "make PKG bat master" u r talking about?, Cus that's the one made for HAN.

4. 1
    noskcire28

noskcire28 New Member

hey man ..i dowloaded Tekken Tag Tournament 2 US version pkg on NPS bwowser but it doesnt have rap file ..can you please help how to create rap files .. ? ..TIA

5. 27
    PSXFan

PSXFan New Member

NO PIRACY DISCUSSION is allowed here. :P
    Google is your best friend..

6. 2
    shadowknight1620

shadowknight1620 New Member

Home Page:
    Haha this is such a true comment (regarding this thread) I know this post is not on topic but really it is.

7. 1
    evgenetic

evgenetic New Member

how can i change game category of PARAM.SFO?

8. 7,073
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Install the ps3tools collection by aldostools on your pc & open the file with the param.sfo editor tool.
    A combo box will allow you to select the category you wish to set.
    Save the file.
    That's all.

9. 5
    PAinguIN

PAinguIN New Member

Hi all! As you can see this is my first post here. I am not a "noob" in regards to technology so I understand things pretty well with little explanation. However, I am having issues installing a game. The specific game is GTA V. And yes, I actually do own the game for the PS3 however the disc is scratched and simply will not install all the way.

After a bit of research I found HAN! :-D I was able to run the HAN exploit easily and activate it every time prior to installing a package. Anyway, I have an ISO rip of GTA V and I have 2 folders and 1 file. GTA V is compatible, I checked the list... (That list is not comprehensive, what about 3D Dot Game Hero's?)

Moving forward, I moved those into the CFW2OFW Helper directory and run CFW2OFW Helper. After it finishes I take the 2 folders and move those to the make-backup-pkg folder and run "do.bat". Once that finishes I take the .pkg files and place them in the PS3xploit folder and run each one through ps3xploit_rifgen_edatresign.exe. (I tried placing the .pkg files in the "Input" folder and running "resign_windows.bat" but that seemed to have issues)., After each .pkg is signed I move them over to the PKGlinker folder. I started the server, pinged my PS3 (super slim) and began migrating the over 17GB, 2GB and 102KB files over from the web server and installing them.

As you all know, it takes FOREVER to do this... FOREVER!!!

Anyway, the 2 of the larger files have the GTA V logo and all. The 102KB file does not and I believe that is a license file of some sort. I have installed these packages in several different orders. Largest first, smallest first, mid sized first, etc, etc. In addition, after converting them to .pkg files I noticed that the larger of the files is a different size every time. This last time I have done this it is 17.2GB, the Update file is 2.01GB which is consistent and the LIC pkg is 102KB. The first pkg was 13GB the first time I did this, 14GB the 2nd and as I said, 17.2GB this time.

I am in the process of installing these now.

Is there an order as to which I should install first, second, third? Why doesn't the LIC pkg not show the GTA V logo? Do I run the game from my throw away account or my main PS3 account? (FYI, after installing any package I reboot, re-enable HAN then install and repeat for each package.) What am I doing wrong? (if anything) Am I using the right folders from the ISO to begin with? What is the best way to install games on the PS3, creating .pkg files or finding .pkg files and installing them? (These are all questions from a hypothetical situation of course. ;-) )

On my last install GTAV just froze on a black screen and I had to hard reset the reset the PS3 in order to start over.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

PAinguIN

10. 5
    PAinguIN

PAinguIN New Member

Ok, my latest attempt was successful! I am playing the game... Just made it through the introduction mission. :-D
    So, all is well!!!

11. 5
    PAinguIN

PAinguIN New Member

Ok, I guess since I am a new member I cannot submit posts with links? Oh well, I was going to provide a link to a folder in my Dropbox with everything needed for PS3 PKG making, copying, installing. When I went to post my, well, post... It was rejected.

Anyway, below was my post. All of these are easy to find except for PS3tools. Every site you can "download" it from is shady with warnings of malicious content or you get linked to Zippyshare or some other BS cloud sharing site like that. I only use Dropbox, Mega, Google Drive and One Drive. Although Mega is the best offering 50GB for free.

Anyway, if you need PS3tools or a share with all of the apps below I will gladly supply a link to my Dropbox share as long as it does not break the Terms of Service here on the site.

Thought I would add a link here from my Dropbox that includes:

CFW2OFW Helper
    make-backup-pkg
    PS3xploit
    PS3tools
    PKG_Linker_v2.0_Installer

Your AV and/or Defender WILL pick up both "PS3tools" and "PKG Linker" as being malicious. This is well known
    and I can assure you that these programs are legit. I installed them on a VM first for observation and once I determined
    they were legitimately safe I installed them on my PC. If this still bothers you then do not download them.
    Otherwise, you will want to disable Real Time Protection in Windows Defender and with any other AV you may be using in place of Defender before attempting to download/install.

Also included...
    HAN Toolbox v0.4 (v0.5 has been released)
    HAN Support Files

12. 27
    PSXFan

PSXFan New Member

If you have a genuine license for the game,you can download the full package from playstation store via web...
    I am not giving any instructions cause it could be considered as a bit "shady" aka illegal..
    Anyways, US version is NPUB31154, and EU version is NPEB01283 ..
    The EU version is 17.2GB single PKG file, and you will need your rap file to activate it...
    Anything off the store works 100% and they are digitally signed by sony, so you can install them normally..

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  13. 5
    PAinguIN

PAinguIN New Member

Thanks for that info PSXfan! TBH, I first heard of HAN this weekend and while I was in between projects I decided to see what I could do with my PS3's. I used to run a PC/Phone Repair Shop and I would buy electronics to resale also. I have several PS3's from the 1st gen up to the Super Slim and just happened to find this info over the weekend and here I am.

I managed to get GTA V working just fine btw. I'm nervous about trying to use any of the online features however.

But the point of the paragraph above was to show that I am completely new to this. While I do have the process of converting ISO contents to signed pkg's I have done nothing with "RAP" files. And I have TONS of PS3 games from back when I used to play PS3 years ago and from games obtained at my shop.

I'm assuming I can search the PSN for a game using it's ID as you listed above and download it that way maybe? And while I do have the license dump for the PS3 I'm using how can acquire the license for a particular game??

Thanks!

14. 5
    PAinguIN

PAinguIN New Member

You're referring to the ~100KB LIC .PKG file that is created during conversion correct?

15. 10
    Flodia

Flodia New Member

Hi tried injecting copied game disk back up but when I launch the true ancestor backup retailer and select 's for inject it says "game contains splitted files merge it first" . Plz what do I do

16. 27
    PSXFan

PSXFan New Member

if you have a genuine sony store game pkg, install the game normally without HAN, and then install the license pkg in debug mode, so the game(s) work in a normal mode,without han. (depending on, what kinda license file you're installing...)
    (for your method, i think you will need to resign the files for HAN exploit,for it to work, unless you're on CFW..)

17. 1
    Mafuyu-san

Mafuyu-san New Member

Is nier BLUS30481 work ????

18. 10
    Flodia

Flodia New Member

Please where can I download ps2 games and their rap file

19. 8,288
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

talk of piracy is prohibited. the ps2 rap file (the placeholder) should work for ps2 classic converted games.

20. 10
    Flodia

Flodia New Member

OK thanks didn't know of that.