Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 HAN [Tutorial] The Great PS3Xploit 3.0 HAN All In One Guide

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN ( PS3 3k / 4k Models)' started by Fin9ersMcGee, Mar 20, 2018.

1. 7,411
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

As explained in the ps3xploit.com instructions & in the OP of the HAN release thread, you should set the exploit page as the browser homepage & restart the browser.
    Clearing cache, cookies etc.. is basically pointless.
    If you follow the recommendations, the exploit will initialize with the same success rate as the HAN Toolbox. It should initialize on every attempt. If ever it didn't, restart the browser rather than reloading the page.
    You should never browse any web page before loading an exploit & you should never have a set homepage other than blank or the exploit page you wish to use.

Alternatively, you can set the browser homepage as blank & create a favourite for each exploit page you wish to use. Restart the browser then choose the appropriate favourite for the exploit you wish to use.

2. 2
    myky

myky Forum Noob

The tool HanToolbox are mostly shortcuts to the browser pages to make it faster and without errors open them

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2018
    DeViL303 likes this.
  3. 64
    JoJoTheIdiotBoi

JoJoTheIdiotBoi Forum Noob

I still wish there was a way to auto-run the HAN exploit since I plan on lending my PS3 to my my great-nephews and they probably won't hook it up to the internet and even if they did won't know how to launch HAN to play the 5 games or so I have installed on the HDD. Luckily I have a meager collection of 10 or so retail game blu-rays they can content themselves with :D

4. 7,411
    bguerville

If you use games on Bluray converted with CFW2OFW or PS3gameconverter, you don't need to resign them for HAN.
    You can use the Debug pkg Enabler exploit & install the pkg files made by cfw2ofw.
    Once installed, there is no need for HAN Enabler so kids won't need Internet or the HAN Enabler exploit to run the games.
    HAN Enabler is only needed if you wish to use PSN pkg resigned for HAN.

5. 4,221
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Home Page:
    Well you can still connect your PC and PS3 directly with a cable if you have one, then use pkg linker 2.0 to locally host the exploit in conjunction with HAN Toolbox, so completely offline is possible, and much more reliable than online via wifi. That can be done without pkg linker/han toolbox too.

Algol likes this.
  6. 64
    JoJoTheIdiotBoi

Oh, cool. I'm still learning the finer points of this hack so thanks for the info.

7. 64
    JoJoTheIdiotBoi

I recently learned how to use Pkg Linker 2.0 but had a bitch of a time getting it to work. After hours of tearing my hair out (that's why I wear a cap now in the pic in my avi :cool:) trying to figure out why I couldn't get this program to work it then occurred to me, "You know, it might help if you actually STARTED the Pkg linker server instead of expecting it to magically communicate with my PS3. lol. I'm afraid I'm one of those guys that needs as many Tutorials For Dummies as I can get. hah.

PartyNerd420 and Fin9ersMcGee like this.
  8. 4,221
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Home Page:
    Well its easy enough, once you have it running on your PC and working, install the package_list.pkg and reboot, then you can just go to "Offline HAN Functions" in HAN Toolbox 0.5 and use those instead, obviously still will work best with a wired network but might help you even on wifi.

9. 64
    JoJoTheIdiotBoi

Well, I do have a crossover cable connecting the PS3 to my PC across the room where I get a very decent transfer rate using Pgk Linker 2.0 (nearly 20 GB in about 30-40 minutes) but I've been using the PC's wifi to install HAN so this will come in handy. Thx. One issue I have with Pkg Linker is I can't seem to use its built in Signer feature. None of the pkgs and installers I create using Pgk Linker 2.0 work - I get the PSN prompt that I need to buy the game - so I have to do it manually using PS3xploit-resigner-2.0.0 then I use Pkg Linker to transfer. But I guess this is a problem for the PKG Linker topic.

10. 394
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Member

Musician
    Did you copy your act and idps into the resigner folder for pkglinker?

Algol likes this.
  11. 64
    JoJoTheIdiotBoi

I don't remember if I did but there is an act & idps file in the rifgen-master subfolder.

12. 1,124
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

It kinda sounds like a rif signing problem to me if the pkg's are installing. If the pkg isn't signed right it wont install and you'll get an error if it's a problem with the license you'll get an error when you try to run the game.

13. 64
    JoJoTheIdiotBoi

No, it's me being dense again I think. I didn't realize that fin9gers meant that I had to copy the act & idps files into PKG Linker's "resigner" folder and not into the separate install of PS3xploit-resigner-2.0.0 I have. It seems to be working fine now once I put the files into the correct folder (PKG_Linker_V2.0\bin). It's nice because it saves a step and I no longer have to use the separate PS3xploit-resigner-2.0.0 program.

Fin9ersMcGee and pink1 like this.
  14. 1,124
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

Lol We all make silly mistakes. I added the resigner at the last minute without saying anything to the team so we don't have anything about resigning under the help tap so it's my fault we don't have any info about it. Glad you got it working now :)

15. 2
    wh1sky15

wh1sky15 Forum Noob

Hi
    i start with a big thank you :cool: for that guide, fin9ersmcgee.35877!
    but I'm passing through some issues.
    those issues are when i install the pkg, i got at the start of the game 3 type of errors:
    -a license problem with play store
    -a error about copyrights policy, something like 80029513
    -if the game starts, it is simply a demo, even with the installation of the rif000 ecc
    thanks again and hope you can help me :)

16. 394
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Member

Musician
    Are you resigning pkgs/raps with your act and idps? Are you enabling han before installing/booting your pkgs?

17. 2
    wh1sky15

wh1sky15 Forum Noob

yep, i did all what's on the guide, maybe i have to get again act and idps files? if yes, how can i do this? do i have to restart all from the beginnig?

18. 7,411
    bguerville

Use the act/idps dumper exploit page just like the first time you did it. No need to start anything from scratch.
    Remember that it is recommended to do this step in a secondary ps3 user account which is PSN activated & not on your main ps3 user account.

19. 64
    JoJoTheIdiotBoi

Boys, is there any way I can edit and modify a game's param.sfo file after it's been installed to my PS3's hard drive through PKG Linker? I've had great success with installing packages made by CFW2OFW Helper that allow me to play without enabling HAN (my end goal). However there is one very large troublesome game that gave me errors in CFW2OFW Helper that forced me to modify the param.sfo file just so it could prepare the package. The game is FOLKLORE and it's HUGE. I'd hate to have to reinstall it if it's just a question of editing the param.sfo file in the game's directory on the PS3's HDD. I get a "You cannot play this game at the current video output setting" (80028F10) error when I try to launch it. I heard you just have to deselect all the video resolution & audio settings in the param.sfo file. I could rerun CFW2OFW Helper and do it that way but it tends to be very time consuming to redo everything since it's such a big game so if it can be done through simple param.sfo editing on the already installed game that would be sweet.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  20. 394
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Member

Musician
    It's possible to unpack a pkg to get at the pram.sfo pre installation. But, if I'm not mistaken, you can't dump the pkg from a HAN ps3 to then edit the sfo.
    The only thing you can do with HAN is browse files within your ps3 and unlink (delete) them.

What you might be able to do though is create a new pkg with just the sfo file. Then resign said pkg and install to replace the sfo on your ps3. But I'm pretty new to all this stuff and not sure how to do this.

I have a game (Brutal Legend) that has sound problems/glitches. There's a fix for this but I need to copy over some files into the brutal legend game directory on my ps3. The only way I can do this with HAN is to repack them into a pkg, resign and install... I'm still researching this though, so if I work it out (or someone comes along and remidies your situation) I'll shoot you a PM :cool:

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    JoJoTheIdiotBoi likes this.