Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 HAN [Tutorial] The Great PS3Xploit 3.0 HAN All In One Guide

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN ( PS3 3k / 4k Models)' started by Fin9ersMcGee, Mar 20, 2018.

1. 7
    terraria99

terraria99 Forum Noob

when enabling hans how many times can it fail before i know i've done something wrong

2. 3
    questionaccount

questionaccount Forum Noob

Same. I boot the browser, go to the page. Start the exploit, it slowly goes through percentages to 100% and then fails. Is it because the files are on the root of the drive and not in a PS3 folder? Because I'm using a Dual-Shock 4 plugged into the left-most USB? I've tried like 50 times while following various guides, and it still fails.

3. 7,434
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

@questionaccount
    It's not the same problem at all.

@KALIFORNIADANNY's problem is different from yours. For him, the exploit initializes fine but fails to dump the files, probably because it cannot find the act.dat as the user account is not activated. He needs to sign into PSN at least once first.

For you however, if initialization goes to 100%, it means you probably did not follow the recommendations to load an exploit.
    You should set the browser homepage as blank then add bookmarks for the exploit pages you wish to use. Restart the browser & load the appropriate bookmark. Restart the browser everytime you need to use the same tool again or another.

4. 3
    questionaccount

It goes to 100 and then fails. It says to reload the page and try again. I can close the browser, restart the browser, and it'll still fail even with the assist files on the root of the USB. I'm not sure why it continues to fail on trying to initialize the exploit. I can do the IDPS dumper and it fails. HAN Installer, still fails. I haven't tried bookmarking yet, but I'm kinda dubious about that working if the exploit can't even start without it first.

5. 7,434
    bguerville

Be dubious as much as you wish. Lol
    We didn't give these specific steps because we wish you to bookmark the page, we couldn't care less. We did it because it's important for everything to work.
    The exploit can't initialize because the browser heap memory gets flooded by other Web pages before the exploit is loaded. Consequently the exploit variables get loaded higher up in memory & cannot be found by the memory search exploit.
    Follow the steps & it will work just fine.
    If you don't want to create a bookmark, you can always set the homepage to blank, restart the browser & type the url of the exploit page you want to use so it loads directly.
    You even have a third option which is to temporarily set the exploit page you need as homepage then restart the browser.
    If you browse to the exploit page or use any other web page as homepage, it will stop working.

jcorrea likes this.
  6. 3
    questionaccount

Ok. That explains why it'd fail then.

Just did as you said on loading the tool up by itself after clearing the cache on an about:blank start and it worked. So there we go.

7. 7
    terraria99

terraria99 Forum Noob

trying to convert monster hunter freedom unite (a psp iso) i keep getting an error about missing "ISO.BIN.EDAT" how do i fix this?

8. 229
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    Glad to see this guide finally got stickied!
    Congrats @Fin9ersMcGee

cygmon0 likes this.
  9. 2
    sofia

sofia Forum Noob

So... my ps3 is not working anymore after I tried this, and I didn't even complete the whole process. After I inserted the USB drive it didn't respond at all. We've tried everything, and its almost completely dead.

10. 19
    HANsoloJACK

HANsoloJACK Forum Noob

My guess is that your ps3 has some hardware problem that has nothing to do with the exploit.

Posting what DOES work and what you have tried will go a long way towards someone being able to help you.

11. 2
    sofia

sofia Forum Noob

We tried the safe mode thing and almost each one of the options we selected didn't affect the console. Even formatting it didn't do anything, it actually shows up an error: 8002f271, I searched it up and it says that it means I can't do anything about it, that is better to buy a new one, which I can't.

12. 7,434
    bguerville

HAN Installer replaces some system files with official DEX builds & HAN Enabler applies temporary patches to the memory that get erased on every reboot.
    There is absolutely nothing in basic HAN usage that can mess your system up in the way you describe .
    I guess you must have installed wrong files or maybe used a specific ps3xploit tool like the Debug Settings installer without understanding what you were doing and/or what the consequences might be. Exploits, of any kind, should never be used lightly..

Anyway, the good news is that ps3xploit tools do not make any changes to the system that cannot be reverted one way or another.
    The best thing for you to do now is to reinstall OFW 4.82 in recovery mode using a FAT32 (MBR mode) USB stick with the fw PUP file. Avoid HDDs.
    A full fw reinstallation will restore all system files to OFW CEX default. Any changes made with ps3xploit tools will be removed.
    If ever you experience errors during fw reinstallation, you should try removing the hdd from ps3, wiping the first few sectors with 00s using a partitioning tool on pc then reinsert the hdd in ps3 & boot to install the fw from USB.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Zazenora likes this.
  13. 9
    Dhruv

Dhruv Forum Noob

I'm having a problem , I had done everything just need to dump act and idps and for that I need to login to my secondary account but whenever o try to sign in it says to update and as you know updating to 4.83 is not worth it

14. 31
    jcorrea

jcorrea Forum Noob

Developer
  15. 9
    Dhruv

Dhruv Forum Noob

16. 1
    saintlord12

saintlord12 Member

Hi guys i would like to install han exploit on my ps3 super slim. I am currently on ofw 4.82, I just cant start the process because it is requiring me to sign in to activate my system for me to get the act.dat and idps.hex files.
    but every time I sign-in the console is requiring me to update. any advises what should I do?

17. 31
    jcorrea

jcorrea Forum Noob

Developer
    Use a proxy:
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/tut-how-to-sign-in-on-ofw-4-81-activate-your-system.16603/

18. 33
    mcshooter

mcshooter Member

Well I tried the proxy method yesterday on a super slim ps3 and it worked, also when I tried to sign in it also worked and when I check for updates it says the latest version is already installed so I guess we can still enjoy han and multiplayer meanwhile something comes out to work with 4.83 and if any1 is interested I can post a simple tutorial here and thanks

19. 229
    benfrost94

benfrost94 Member

Ok sure post it might be helpful

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

20. 33
    mcshooter

mcshooter Member

Ôkay I will post steps tomorow or maybe later ^_^