Two weird problems with my PS3!

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Coldlm, Apr 19, 2017.

1. 226
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

1- (Solved)
    the ps3 randomly takes me to the (connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the ps button) screen,
    once i do that,
    the next screen (The system software cannot be run correctly. Press the PS button to try to restart the system ..... ....)
    i press the PS button it starts normally, this problem happens randomly (gaming, Netflix...), sometimes the ps3 is doing something all day and no problem, sometimes it works for an hour or something then it happens! again its random!
    and it doesn't show any errors or anything, it simply closes the game or whatever I'm doing and goes there!

2- (Solved)

all my friends on psn are grayed out and have a red x next them, it doesn't show if they are online or offline, also i cant send or receive any messages or friend requests, i can see people requests but accepting them doesn't work,
    BUT everything works on the PSN app on my phone!

Im on (REBUG_4.81.2_REX), (webMAN 1.47.04 MOD) , (CcApi_2.70_Rev6), (R2+triangle to access psn)

any idea what causes any of the above problems, btw i didnt do anything to solve it yet!

PS3 Update: (Problrm 2)

Managed to fix my second issue (Not being able to send or receive messages from my PS3), BY deleting the following folders (using Filezella)

/dev_hdd0/home/0000000x/community

and

/dev_hdd0/home/0000000x/friendim

x= all profiles.

PS3 Update: (Problem 1)

Since i took off my PS3 from the DMZ mode, and after deleting the files (photo.scr and Info.zip),
    Thr PS3 is running no issues or random error, or taking me to mod!

cheers.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  2. 5,790
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

it might be the hard drive going out if it's random like that.

Coldlm likes this.
  3. 226
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

the hard drive is fairly new, but could be!
    thanks for the suggestion.

4. 562
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

I notice #1 when transferring ftp while playing game off internal hdd. Usually what'll happen is it'll freeze, then on restart it'll do the same thing you state. I've had to power off/on console a couple times at most to resolve. I got another drive to put in it, but i'm lazy and it works perfect otherwise. I have not experienced #2

Coldlm likes this.
  5. 226
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

1) Not sure if it an HDD thing at least for me! bad ram maybe!!!

2) do you know where all psn cache is stored!
    the folder "friendim" have friends pictures and messages, i want to delete it and see if it redownload everything but i need confirmation on this!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  6. 1
    Acr250rider

Acr250rider New Member

Sounds like your Ram is all used up. Maybe too many things trying to run at once.

7. 226
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

(webMAN 1.47.04 MOD) , (CcApi_2.70_Rev6), thats it, no ftp transfer or any other plugs, so im not sur a full ram is the cause but thanks for the suggestion.

8. 5,012
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Your first issue can be caused by many things.

• Bad CCAPI install
    • CCAPI compatibility problem with PS3MAPI from webman mod
    • Hardware problem, like bad connection between hdd and motherboard (check connector)
    • Many more

Issue like can be also sign of dying ram, but if this is your only issue with PS3 then I doubt that is dying ram.
    You can dump ram using this app (DON'T POST IT HERE, THERE WILL BE YOUR PERSONAL DATA), and look there for some known regions that are ok.
    http://www.psx-place.com/resources/ps3-xdr-ram-dumper.519/

Second issue can be problem with your IDPS & PSID spoofing (Like spoof in ccapi, not in webman, or spoof in both of them, etc.), and also on PSN Environment. Last one should be set to np .

Coldlm likes this.
  9. 5,531
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Like kozarovv just mentioned about the first issue, the cause of the OS crashes are near impossible for us to guess with your current setup.
    Something is clearly wrong and although a hardware problem is totally possible, it may just as well be software based...
    A reliable test would take place on a clean cfw installation with no other plugins installed than wMM or Sman, no Ccapi, no mods of any kind & using the original ids. No syscalls removed partially or other exotic setup... Also I suggest you manually reset the wMM settings before testing if you use wMM.
    Remember that as soon as you start installing Ccapi or using spoofed ids, you modify your system in a crucial way. If anything is wrong, for instance a simple file is corrupted due to hdd, a bad patch or just missing, the operating system will invariably panic when it tries to access it.
    If your console gives you the "system cannot be run correctly" message with a 100% clean/standard cfw installation then the hardware failure (hdd, memory etc...) will be likely & should be investigated, starting with the internal hdd...

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
    sandungas and Coldlm like this.
  10. 226
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

@kozarovv @bguerville
    Thank you guys for the suggestions i really appreciate it ,

Just to clear things out, there is no spoofing of any kind!

And something certainly weird just happened, Turned the console from the PS button while GTA 5 was on, an hour later turned the PS3 on, and it showed me the first screen you get when you turn on the PS3 for the first time (choose keyboard layouts, time settings, etc),
    after going through that, nothing have been lost, all profiles arevfine,
    that's really weird, (software thing !!!)

* what i will do:

1- install Rehug 999 downgrader, then install 3.55 OFW, Then ill jump to REBUG 4.81.2 REX,
    disable all plugins, will only use mM to load games, and let it work for a while just to see if it is a software issue!

2- Try a new HDD

3- start messing around with the hardware!

11. 5,790
    pinky

it sounds like the hdd. the xregistry (ur settings) is stored on the hdd with NOR consoles I believe, so that's the settings issue ur describing. do u have a newer phat or a slim by chance?

Coldlm and kozarovv like this.
  12. 5,012
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Your xregistry.sys file get corrupted. So like @bguerville said, try with clean system. Ny suspicion is hdd connection, or ram, but first try everything on clean console.

Coldlm likes this.
  13. 226
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

Yes it is indeed, but it loaded all old settings, trophies, and stuff fine, so i guess it loaded the backup sys,
    and yeah i have a slim

@kozarovv yes, i will try on a clean system and will dump the ram and see!

14. 5,790
    pinky

if it is the hdd, I feel for u man. an hdd with all of my 360 and xbox games just died a couple days ago. I'm waiting on a replacement. and, a friend of mine, his internal hdd on the 360 just died. I'm waiting on a replacement hdd and trying to get my games off tne dead drive. oh, what a nightmare.

Coldlm likes this.
  15. 226
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

Tis really strange, my server's main HDD died, on me a couple of weeks ago, and i already lost a bunch of HDDs before so i know the feeling, so yeah stay strong!

Someone asked me before why i don't buy large HDDs/SSDs!
    my answer to that is another question, "why would you buy a 6 TB drive, fill it up with things that you want, and it will just stop working one day unexpectedly? and then you will feel like your dog just died!

my experience with SATA HDDs is they are worthless!

16. 5,790
    pinky

funny u should mention 6TB hdds, 'cause I was thinking of buying one just for storage in case an hdd dies. :) if the 6TB hdd dies at some point, my original hdds will probably still be intact unless they both die at the same time, so it won't matter as much.

17. 226
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

The problem with that is if you get a large drive just for storage, that "WILL" die at some point and you risk losing your "storage",
    Did some research a while back, and it seems that most new hard drives, solids as well have a life span of 2 to 3 years!

shocking, because my really old machine with a 60GB 7200rpm IDE drive worked none stop since 2004 and finally gave up on me at the start of 2017 due to a power outage! (not the main cause it was already going but!)

so what im trying to say, what is the point of drives if they are going to die!
    "burn everything to double layer DVDs or blue rays",

HDDs huh you can't live without them, and you can't live with them!

18. 5,790
    pinky

not sure, my friend. that's y I like optical media for drive set systems. though, something strange, my ps2 laser or it probably was the disc itself seemed to burn a hole through the disc itself. I could read verbatim and the other text after using an old dvd copy if reading from the back. though, that fails too. Nintendo has it right with the switch and SD cards. easy to back up, less prone to failure, and no moveable parts garbage like the ps4 and xbone. the future isn't bluray at all. it's flash media.

19. 226
    Coldlm

Coldlm Member

For the PS2, does it leave a circular mark on the disk, or as you said literally burns a whole on the disk?

and yes very true, my Gameboy games are still working,
    btw did you lick the SD cover of the switch games? (I'll explain if you don't know lol)

20. 5,790
    pinky

@sp193 mentioned that circular disc scratch on 70001/75001 I believe which is what I have (first gen slim). it's not that. they're random scratches all over the disc. from what I know, cd's have one or no layer of protection when it comes to scratches, dvds have a few layers which is y they hold up better, blurays have even more layers which is y some people say they r indestructable which is untrue anyway. lol...I don't know about that with the switch. I want that system so badly especially once Mario is released.