PS VITA / PS TV (Unofficial) molecularShell v0.7 Update for HENkaku

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by atreyu187, Aug 8, 2016.

By atreyu187 on Aug 8, 2016 at 10:27 PM
  1. 4,365
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Ensō Tester Developer

Sony Fanboy
    Home Page:
    IMAG0002.jpg

Ok guys this is a replacement for the official molecularShell update. It simply swaps out the original app (or SMOKE's mod) for vitaShell v0.7. This has more privileges and access to more of the Vita/PSTV's file system even the save data. There is a small catch this can't be installed if you are running molecularShell. I didn't like having vitaShell and molecularShell installed as the same time. SMOKE's mod added some more access but still some things were restricted, these were removed when TheFl0w updated his app which the official one was built off of, things like being able to background the FTP process while being able to still use the file manager and even direct access to the save data.

So in order to "update" you will need to install vitaShell v0.7 then install this VPK. After that you can remove vitaShell and only have molecularShell. Now you may ask why not just remove molecularShell and run only vitaShell? Well vitaShell doesn't have the option to "install" from within the app. So I have incorporated vitaShell's art and icon's with molecularShell's "install" option. I have left the app named molecularShell so in case you want to add vitaShell back for whatever reason it is easier to distinguish them from one another or have both installed in tandem with one another for whatever reason you may have. Maybe you want to fuss with TheFl0w's source code and compile making your own changes with easy to use SDK setup @kozarovv provided us the other day. Who knows but that is the point of the scene to allow you to do what you want when you want. This will give you more access and combines the best of what Team molecule, TheFl0w and SMOKE have given us thus far for HENkaku.

Hope you all enjoy my little tweak and contribution to the ever evolving Vita scene.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by atreyu187, Aug 8, 2016.

1. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      @STLcardsWS i have updated the post with the changelog and updates I did.
      bitsbubba and nCadeRegal like this.
    2. nCadeRegal
      nCadeRegal
    3. TOM1211
      TOM1211
      I have a question which I may or may not have missed somewhere. The vita tv has USB in the back can this be used for read/write e.g so games from emulators could be stored there or is the memory card the only way.
    4. atreyu187
      atreyu187

Memory card is the only way. USB is for two things only, updating and connecting a controller. You even use USB for Sony own official CMA app
      bitsbubba likes this.
    5. TOM1211
      TOM1211
      Thanks for the info. Seems a waste of a USB port on Sonys effort.
    6. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Its the only way to sync a pastor the system. They did that on purpose to hinder hacks and so forth.
      bitsbubba likes this.
    7. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      So @atreyu187 do I want this or is there something better?

Sent from me using Tapatalk
    8. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Is same app that will install with latest henkaku revision. So, you got this (if you are henkaked :P) and there is nothing better.
      bitsbubba likes this.
    9. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      No internet so haven't HENkaku-ed yet $h!* haven't even updated to 3.60 yet (3.25) but good to know thanks kozy [emoji14]

Sent from me using Tapatalk