PS3 [UPDATE] IDPS Dumper (PS3 NAND / NOR ) - 4.81/4.82 OFW Compatible by Team PS3Xploit

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Nov 11, 2017.

By STLcardsWS on Nov 11, 2017 at 10:41 AM
  1. 6,318
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

{UPDATE v0.2.3 Released(See tab)}
    Following the official announcement of the PS3Xploit news (4.81 OFW Exploit), the devs behind the project have fulfilled the promises of releasing the IDPS Dumper for OFW 4.81/4.82 as this release is ready for the public. Now there is many more things being worked surrounding the overall project but this IDPS Dumper works on all models of the PS3 (NOR and NAND, note 12 GB EMMC will be supported soon in an updated release) and no reason not to release this tool. Since PS3 firmware 4.70 Sony had blocked flatz IDPS extracting tool (IDPS Stealer) and there has not been a known way to obtain the IDPS on OFW (4.70 +) consoles , but now this tool can now obtain your PS3's ID, which can have various uses, the tool has been confirmed to work on SuperSlim models by the team. . If you have not read the previous details about the PS3Xploit project, then checkout this official thread to get the firsthand information about this ambitious PS3 project.

capture_0.2.3.jpg
    (UPDATE v0.2.3)

• UPDATE v0.2.3- IDPS Dumper for 4.82 OFW
      • Added 4.82 Support
      • Removed all extra requirements like JQuery..
      • Removed the need for string relocations to improve the initial memory search process & overall trigger times.

• UPDATE v0.2.3- IDPS Dumper for 4.81 OFW

• Removed all extra requirements like JQuery..
      • Removed the need for string relocations to improve the initial memory search process & overall trigger times.

• UPDATE v0.2.1a- IDPS Dumper for 4.81 OFW

we have some more exciting news to bring you!! :cheerful:

We have been working very hard to bring eMMC support for the newest SuperSlims CECH-40xxA, CECH-42xxA , CECH-43xxA and that has happened. :D

The team would like to present a nice little update to the 4.81 IDPS Dumper now supporting eMMC hardware revision consoles!!

Please report any issues you have while using this new version on any of the flash types, NAND, NOR, and eMMC.

Thank You to all :cool:

v0.2.1a
      • Added eMMC SuperSlim Support (CECH-40xxA, CECH-42xxA , CECH-43xxA)
      • Misc Tweaks To Exploit
      • Small typo on index.html pointed out by @Turranius - Fixed

How to use this:
      *** MAKE SURE TO RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR ***
      install python to use server.py or another HTTP server of your choosing on both Windows and Linux!​

On windows - Install any of these optional HTTP servers:

On linux:
      • install python for your distribution using apt-get, yum, and similar commands.
      • make script executable using "chmod a+x server.py" or "chmod 775 server.py" or "chmod 777 server.py"
      • execute python script using "/usr/bin/python $exploitFolder/server.py" or "./server.py"

Update
      on Android: (
      instructions from @No0bZiLLa)
      • I can confirm this does work if using an http server on Android. what i did was downloaded the zip (on my phone) and extracted it and then download something like Simple HTTP Server and point the server to the folder that contains index.html. once you do that just reload the server and make a note of what the ip:port is. then just go to ps3, type in ip:port (eg 192.168.2.7:12345) as specified in simple http server and then select the appropriate button for your system.

Then run (for python):

• On windows - windows.bat
      • On linux - linux.sh

Usage Tips:

1) Try using a LAN connection or a solid WiFi connection during exploitation. A weak signal can cause problems.
      2) If the exploit takes more than 5 minutes to work, reload page, browser, or restart console and try again.
      3) If you are using a LAN connection and experience network issues, make sure all cables to router are in working order.​

• IDPS Dumper Release (v0.2 - After Leak Release)
      ok....the moment all of you have been waiting for......i assume :cheerful:
      • File: ps3_481_idps_dumper-PS3XPloit.zip
      • MD5 Hash: FFDA70AB2D1677886083F99185C54FE3
      • SHA-256 Hash: 852BDB301753C4F4A7E946188E850D3D325EEAA259B61AE2B5AE31320B2F292B

enjoy this release from our team :victorious: we will be working hard to add eMMC support as soon as possible!!

The documentation will be updated as time goes on. There is a readme.txt file included with basic setup and usage instructions.

Please stay tuned for future tools and releases :D

and once again, THANK YOU to everyone involved bringing this all together, without all of you, none of this would have happened!!!

Additional details from @bguerville
      "The idps dumper will create a file on usb000 then beep 3 times & shutdown in all cases, even if flash memory read fails. emmc should not make a difference to this. You will get garbage in idps.bin in that case.

Js errors with a black page message on ps3 should not happen. If ever it did, just report & in the meantime keep relaunching the exploit. Nobody has had this issue in dozens of tests though.

And clearing cache or cookies is totally unnecessary with the exploit & the wk js interpreter. Between runs garbage collection will take care of cleaning up what is needed, the job it does is always sufficient".

It's essential not to flood the browser memory with junk before running the exploit. The reason for this is that due to javascript core memory usage limitations we are scanning several times a small range of browser memory (a few Mb) to find some essential data in RAM, if the memory is flooded then the range to scan becomes much larger & the probabilities that our data is found in the smaller range decrease dramatically....

So in short, never use the browser or set a homepage you cancel before running the exploit!
    If you need to, set the homepage to 'blank', close the browser then reopen it to start the idps dumper.

Set-up Steps:
    1. Setup a small Web server on pc or smartphone. The Python http server is not required for most users, it was provided for developers. Since v0.2.3, all other extra requirements have been removed. Don't come to us for explanations about how to run a http server though. Google it.
    2. Extract the files in your http server root folder.
    3. Put a fat32 USB key in port closest to BD Drive (/dev_usb000).
    4. Open the ps3 browser & write the ip address of your server (and the port if not 80).
    5. Run until ps3 beeps & shutdown. The idps should be on your USB drive as idps.bin.
    - Downloads -
    • MD5 Hash: 3c2e1582f52e1002a12ad280f426d0c6
    • SHA-256 Hash: 1c49eabd64275171a60c90f0f06f503b7055f4ff863f87e7960d41464d127443
    • MD5 Hash: 71dd906e585bf470f84f9d4fb10c1f37
    • SHA-256 Hash: d4bffe2b7d08c1dda275590229f86903f1db487e9a78364d6a025c3734cd8f68

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Nov 11, 2017.

1. benn
      benn
      I thought it also for super slim.
    2. Mozzy5837
      Mozzy5837
    3. habib
      habib
      You will get hombrew enabler.
      Some vsh stuff like Ingame screenshot
      If you are looking for easy way to play backups, that might happen with low compatibility or higher with DTU cfw to ofw
      esc0rtd3w likes this.
    4. benn
      benn
      I will try to find lower series of ps3. Slim version can be? Then I will do the DTU to my ps3 super slim once your tool is released.
    5. habib
      habib
      Yes check model number cech 25xx or below
      You can convert them to cfw with our upcoming flasher
      esc0rtd3w likes this.
    6. Mozzy5837
      Mozzy5837
      Lol buy a 30-40 pound console and downgrade it? Keep your superslim aside you maybe lucky enough for the devs find a exploit. I'd be thinking myself lucky there is already a exploit on 25/below and the software is free for you, time don't come for free.someone's developing this stuff and giving it away free for ppl to use even allowing ppl to cash in.all people do is push and push..
      Zoilus, Jin799, habib and 1 other person like this.
    7. benn
      benn
      Thank you! When it will be release? :)

This one can be?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    8. pelago
      pelago
      Is this confirmation that it is safe to update OFW 4.81 to OFW 4.82 and still be able to get CFW in the future? (On a fat PS3 for example). I'm currently on 4.81 and have removed my console from the Internet, but if I can reconnect and update to 4.82 without missing out in the future that would be useful, as there are some things on PSN I want to get.
    9. habib
      habib
      Yes you can safely update but it will cost you like 1 more week for I have to create a cfw too and update webkit rop for 4.82
      esc0rtd3w and pelago like this.
    10. pelago
      pelago
      I don't mind waiting a month or even several, as long as upgrading to 4.82 won't lock me out from the good stuff forever. Thanks for answering!
    11. ouso1999
      ouso1999
      So can I inject games to backup on ofw 4.81 without need for data transfer utility by a cfw console ?
    12. benn
      benn
      @habib can you check if this model can be downgraded using your tool. It is ps3 first version I think IMG-20171117-WA0000.jpg
    13. bguerville
      bguerville
      Yes the software flasher can be used on this CECH-L NOR model without problem.
      esc0rtd3w and habib like this.
    14. benn
      benn
      Thanks for the reply. Do i need to dump the idps of this model?
    15. bguerville
      bguerville
      No need. You will have cfw soon enough. Homebrews can extract idps then.
      B7U3 C50SS and esc0rtd3w like this.
    16. benn
      benn
      Nice! Hope to release soon :)
    17. Forbidden
      Forbidden
      habib, took your advice and went replace the CECH-30xx model to a CECH-2501A Model. I should be good now. Thanks again for your quick advice.
      habib likes this.
    18. habib
      habib
      Is it on cfw or ofw?
      Forbidden likes this.
    19. chris
      chris
      keep in mind,Slim 25xx manufacture date BEFORE 2011 :)
    20. Forbidden
      Forbidden
      No ofw, but I should be able to downgrade once the exploits are released right ? @chris, wasn't aware about before 2011 date, how can I tell? It's a US model, what would I be looking for to indicate the year?