Update: A bug was fixed with the release of v0.91, If using v0.90 it is recommenced to update to this new update
Ps3 Developer @MixeryMaxe has a new update for PS3Lock with the release of version 0.9 that gives this ps3 plugin a new noob friendly pkg installation and also the developer provides support for recently released 4.80 CFW., Also, this update provides support for all ps3 controller slots (1 - 7) and even to the BD Remote. See all the details about PS3Lock v0.9 and how to use this incredible ps3 plugin from the details provided in the tabs found below:
- About: PS3Lock
- Additional Functions
- Perfect Child Protection
- Advance Settings
- PS3Lock Statistics
- Forgot Password
- Info (dev)
- Known Bugs & Test Info.
PS3Lock v0.9 (PS3 Plugin) by MixeryMaxe
PS3Lock is an authentication-system for CFW capable PlayStation 3. A personal password protects your PS3 against unauthorized access or gives you restricted access. XMB Settings, deleting of content files (apps/homebrews, game-data, video, music and pictures) and system update all can be locked.
NEW -- PS3 Lock v0.9
- Added system update block for CFW 4.80 (thx to ermak86)
- Added support for all pad ports (1-7) and BD-Remote (thx to atreyu187 and stefa11)
- Added polish language (thx to darekspy)
- Added installer-pkg
- After installation, at first boot you will be prompted to define a password (min. 2 digits, max. 10 digits).
- To set the password you can use the following buttons:
- -With "" you can cancel the entry and with "" you can save the password.
- After saving, the PS3 is protected by this password and is required after each restart.
- After 3 incorrect entries the PS3 will shut down automatically.
- Authentication is done in the same way as you save it or via an USB device.
- You have to set up this USB device and this device have to be in "/dev_usb000" (most right, close to BD drive)
- on PS3 startup. Don't forget to enable "USB authentication" in the settings menu.
- XMB password protection
- Password request while recur to XMB from apps, games and BD/DVD .
- PS3Lock-settings password protection
- Password request for PS3Lock settings.
- Lock XMB settings
- XMB settings are locked and PS3 contents can NOT be deleted(apps/games, game-data, video, music and pictures).
- In-Game XMB disabled.
- Block system update
- System update is blocked in category "settings" and while try logging into PSN. (This DOESN'T work in recovery mode, game discs not properly tested) ( (EDIT by PSX-Place.com) take note: Latest Rebug CFWs does have a patched recovery to prevent from accidental updates)
- Hide "GAMEZ" folder
- Hide Games in GAMEZ folder.
- PS3Lock Sleep Timer
- Gives you a time-limited access to the PS3.
- The sleep timer can set to 0:30h, 1:00h, 1:30h, 2:00h, 2:30h, 3:00h.
- After 3 warning messages (10, 5, 1min before the preset time), the PS3 will be shutdown.
- Read "parental control" password
- Shows you the "PS3 parental control" password.
Perfect child protection:
- Restricted mode + PS3Lock sleep timer is the perfect child protection.
- The restricted mode gives limited access to the PS3 without a password and through the sleep timer this mode is time-limited.
- After shutdown through the sleep timer the restricted mode is automatically disabled.
- If restricted mode is disabled you get access to the PS3 only with password.
*1 Restricted mode:
- PS3 password protection:
- Enable/Disable password request after every reboot.
- XMB password protection:
- Enable/Disable password request after closing apps/games.
- PS3Lock Sett. PW protection:
- Enable/Disable password request for PS3Lock settings(USB authentication NOT possible).
- USB authentication:
- Enable/Disable USB authentication. This saves the password entry.
- Restricted mode: *1
- Provides restricted access to the PS3 without a password.
- Buzzer -incorrect PW-:
- Enable/Disable PS3 buzzer if the entry is false.
- 1. Incorrect entry = 1 beep
- 2. Incorrect entry = 2 bepp
- 3. Incorrect entry = 3 beep = PS3 shutdown
- Menu sound:
- nable/Disable Menu sound effects.
With this option enabled, you have the possibility to press the button at the password entry and use
the PS3 in restricted mode.
In restricted mode following things are disabled/hidden:
- GAMEZ folder hidden (advanced settings -> hide GAMEZ -> must be set to "auto")
- XMB settings are locked
- System Update Blocked (advanced settings -> block system update -> must be set to your real CFW
*1 Block system update: - You can block the system update, following CFW are supported:
- PS3Lock (sleep) timer:
- Automatically turn off the PS3 after the defined time.
- 0:30h, 1:00h, 1:30h, 2:00h, 2:30h, 3:00h.
- Hide "GAMEZ" folder:
- - disable = always visilbe
- - hidden = always hidden (renamed to GAMEZx)
- - auto = only hidden if "Resticted mode" is active
- Lock XMB settings:
- Lock XMB settings and prevents from deleting PS3 content(apps/games, game-data, video, music und pictures).
- In-Game XMB disabled.
- - disable = full access to PS3 content and settings
- - enable = temporary locked (after restart disabled)
- - permanent = always locked (locked even after restart)
- Block system update: *1
- Prevent system update in XMB and while trying loggin to PSN.
- - disable = system update is possible
- - enable = temporarily blocked (after restart disabled)
- - permanent = always blocked (even after restart)
- PS3Lock start delay: *2
- PS3Lock start delay after system start (in seconds).
- Language: *3
- Set your language for PS3Lock.
- Set new password:
- Here you can set a new password (min 2 digits, max 10 digits).
- !! CAUTION !! If you use the "USB authentication", you have to set up again the USB device.
In order to block the system update, i use the modified files from XMB Lock from ermak86. Thank you mate NOTHING is changed in dev_flash so this CAN'T cause a brick by incorrect use! If you setup your CFW (the real, NOT the spoofed version) and the option is enabled then PS3Lock redirect the original file "/dev_flash/vsh/module/software_update_plugin.sprx" to "/dev_hdd0/Plugins/PS3Lock/Block_Update/software_update.block_XXX" (XXX your CFW). NOTHING touched in dev_flash!
This option is auto-enabled in "Restricted mode" or you can manually enable/disable in advanced settings.
You can also set the update block to "permanent", then the update block is auto-enabled after each restart
(independent from restricted mode).
Thanks at aldostools for the hint with "sys_map_path()"
- Open the PS3Lock settings -> Advanced settings
- Go to "Block system update"
- Setup your CFW and push SQUARE
*2 PS3Lock start delay:
- For CFWs without epilepsy warning i recommend 0-3 sec, for CFWs with epilepsy warning 6-9 sec. If the menu seems to "frozen" after first password entry then try to open the settings menu (R3+O), if you see the settings menu then try to increase delay time and push L2+R2+L3 for restart.
*3 PS3Lock languages (ps3l_lang.db):
- Since version 0.6 the languages are in an extern file. This language file (ps3l_lang.db) can be edit with normal text editor (i use Notepad++). Don't add or remove the lines! Just edit! There are 12 languages (number 11 and 12 are placeholder for new languages). PS3Lock has a language update function
- Copy "ps3l_lang.db" on any USB device in fat32 format (X:/ps3l_lang.db)
- This USB device have to be in "/dev_usb000" (most right, close to BD drive)
- Open the PS3Lock settings -> Advanced settings (L1)
- Go to "Language" and push SQUARE
In settings screen you can look at the PS3Lock statistics.
There are following infos:
In the statistics screen you have also following options:
- PS3/PS3Lock starts:
- How often the PS3 was launched (with PS3Lock).
- Correct password:
- How often the correct password has been entered.
- Incorrect password:
- How often the incorrect password has been entered.
- USB authentication:
- How often performed an USB authentication.
- Shutdown through PS3Lock:
- How often the PS3 was shutdown by PS3Lock.
- " + " Reset the PS3Lock config file
- " + " Reset all statistics
! Hidden option !
- " + " Show password "Parental Control"
Since version 0.9 there is an easy installer pkg with UI. Thanks aldostools(webMAN updater) and Hermes(TINY3D sample @PSL1GHT).
- Copy "PS3Lock_0.9_Installer_Updater.pkg" on any USB device in fat32 format and install via Install Package Files.
- Start the Installer/Updater and follow the instructions on screen.
If you update this plugin it's recommended to delete "ps3lock_cfg.bin" before restart.
1.(Plugin installation on Cobra CFW)
- - Copy the content from "~hdd0" to "/dev_hdd0".
- - Copy the boot_plugins.txt to "/dev_hdd0"
- - If boot_plugins.txt already exist on /dev_hdd0 then add the following line:
- - Reboot the PS3.
- - Create the flag file "ps3.lock" on any USB device in fat32 format (X:/ps3.lock)
- - This USB device have to be in "/dev_usb000" (most right, close to BD drive)
- - Open the PS3Lock settings
- - Go to "USB authentication" and push SQUARE
- - PS3Lock can also load a background pic from "/dev_hdd0/plugins/PS3Lock/PS3Lock_BG.png" (720x464).
Q: Forgot password, what can i do?1. PS3Lock fail-safe button combo + flag file on USB device.
A: There are several ways to reset the password:
2. With a correctly set up USB device AND "USB authentication" enabled in the settings.
- - Create the flag file "ps3lock.reset" on any USB device in fat32 format (X:/ps3lock.reset).
- - This USB device have to be in "/dev_usb000" (most right, close to BD drive).
- - Start the PS3 and hit "R3 +  + O" on startup.
- - PS3Lock delete Config and the flag file "/dev_usb000/ps3lock.reset" from USB device.
- - PS3Lock now behaves like at the first start, now set up a new password.
3. If you don't have an USB device OR "USB authentication" is disabled.
- - Boot into XMB with this USB device.
- - Delete the PS3Lock config file with multiMAN or other file manager.
- - Reboot your PS3.
- - PS3Lock now behaves like at the first start, now set up a new password.
- Boot into recovery mode.
- Enter "3. Restore File System". The "boot_plugins.txt" will be delete, now all plugins are disabled.
- Delete the PS3Lock config file with multiMAN or other file manager. "/dev_hdd0/plugins/PS3Lock/ps3lock_cfg.bin"
- Rebuild the "boot_plugins.txt" on "/dev_hdd0/" and reboot your PS3.
- PS3Lock now behaves like at the first start, now set up a new password.
For lock/unlock XMB settings and "deleting of apps/games" i use a vsh export:
vshmain_4F99DA2B(int) (with 1 and 8 you can lock "settings" column items )
NEW -- PS3 Lock v0.9
- added system update block for CFW 4.80 (thx to ermak86)
- added support for all pad ports (1-7) and BD-Remote (thx to atreyu187 and stefa11)
- added polish language (thx to darekspy)
- added installer-pkg
- added "permanent" lock XMB settings
- bugfix in "permanent" block system update
- hide GAMEZ optimized (can be disabled completely)
- added new background (GIMP-project in src-folder)
- added system update block for CFW 4.78
- remove plugin update function
- small change in control handling. self-explanatory!
- change pluginpath to /dev_hdd0/plugin/PS3Lock/
- bugfix in restricted mode
- added PS3Lock start delay
- set your language in settings, now in extern file
- block software update (thanks to ermak86 for files)
- added ability to show "Parental Control" password
- added plugin update funktion
- re-added restricted mode
- added xmb pw protektion
- added ps3lock settings pw protection
- added sleep timer
- added manually hide/unhide hdd0/GAMEZ folder
- added manually lock/unlock xmb settings and "deleting apps/games"
- confirm password while set a new password
- added fail-safe button combo (password reset)
- re-wrote the whole plugin (now based on VSH Menu)
- added statistics
- added restricted mode
- initial release
- added usb authentication
- - The first start of this plugin could "freeze" your system if your CFW has epilepsy warning enabled But it's not really a freeze. Try to open the PS3Lock settings (R3+O) and go to "Advanced settings -> PS3Lock start delay". Set the timer to 7-8 sec and press L2+R2+L3 for restart the PS3.
- - If you set "Lock XMB settings" to "permanent" then you have to enable the autologin function for any user account (local PS3 user account). If you disable the autologin function you get a damaged XMB (no access to most settings) at every startup. But this error can be fixed easily by start and close any app/game like multiMAN (or any other hdd game).Test InformationCFW Tested :
- Habib 4.46 Cobra
- DARKNET 4.66 Cobra
- Rebug REX 4.75.3
- Rebug LITE 4.76.1
- Rebug REX 4.78.2
- Rebug REX 4.80.1
- CECHC04 , CECH-2504B
- A special thank goes to 3141card, without him this plugin wouldn't be possible.
- A special thank goes also to ermak86 for his files from "XMB Lock" (Block system update).
Also thanks to:
- and all who made backgrounds or translations.
Download: PS3Lock_v0.9_+_SRC PS3Lock_v0.91_+_SRC
Mirror: PSX-Place DLs
Source: PSX-Place.com (Alert from Developer)
By STLcardsWS on May 15, 2016 at 10:37 AM
TheFlow cracks Vita Firmware 3.67 ("Will Release" but "Not Soon")TheFlow has brought some clarity on the recent updates (commits) made to VitaShell suggesting 3.67 Support, It is indeed true that 3.67 is now exploitable for the PS Vita and sibling devices the PlayStation TV (Vita TV). The dev has now confirmed on his official twitter (tweets below) that user and kernel access on Vita's 3.67 Firmware has been achieved, However, do note before you get too excited, the developer won't release till end of year, in what seems to be a move to wait out any future Vita firmware updates that may be on the horizon,. The dev has also stated (if time allows) the possibility to update HENkaku Enso to 3.65 for existing Vita user's, but in the future we might see all vita devices with a new window for exploiting .Its unclear if the recent Vita Bootloader Hack aided or had anything to with this hack but details are sure to emerge in the coming weeks and months What ya think about this announcement from TheFlow?
-STLcardsWS/ nCadeRegalContinue reading
Something good is going on in the PS Vita SceneIt appears "Something good is going on in the PS Vita Scene" says psx-place's own kozarovv, As the recent commits by xyz (team molecule member) and then TheFlow (VitaShell Creator) Github pages some rather interesting discoveries were found in those recent commits as also The_Hero (of Games&Consoles) points out about some new commits arising following the news from last week when Yifan lu (a member of Team Molecule) disclosed the new HENkaku Enso Bootloader Hack to the Vita Community. Since, it now appears there are some rather interesting developments coming to fruition in the Vita's ecosystem. Are we are likely in store for something big for the Vita Community, like 3.67 breakthroughs? It sure looks that way, currently, we are only making suggestions and concluding details from the commits across these Open Source Projects from elite vita devs. As these changes are signaling something is on the horizon. @kozarovv laid out some of the important bits of information that can be gather from those recent commits made available -STLcardsWSContinue reading
HENkaku Ensō bootloader hack for Vita [ by Team molecule]Team molecule is not done detailing information on the PS Vita / PlayStation TV / Vita TV, after the releases of HENkaku and then HENkaku Ensō Now developer Yifan Lu has detailed a write up detailing a new exploit titled HENkaku Ensō bootloader Hack, the information detailed could lift some of the restrictions hampered in the Vita's current environment. and even lead to a full blown 3.65 exploit (but that needs additional work the team is not interested in, but they hope others will be with this new info.) There is alot to read so i will let you get to the details yourself in the this well written piece by the developer, The topic we have broke up below in our tabs for easy reading, but you can also view the original format in the source link provided from Yifanlu's blog at bottom of the article.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: