Dismiss Notice

PSX-Place.com Announcement:

New Smiley's Added to post editor !!!

PS3 [Update v1.05] sMAN vv1.02 : New "Setup" Option in side-menu of new UI by deank

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 19, 2017.

By STLcardsWS on Feb 19, 2017 at 11:22 AM
  1. 7,225
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

If you have not heard of sMAN already. its a new plugin from legendary developer deank. sMAN combines webMAN (vanilla) and recently developed sLaunch feature (that was a separate plugin complementing webMAN). So what is the difference between webMAN & sMAN, sMAN provides a UI experiance for changing games on the XMB, as seen in the ScreenShot provided directly from the XMB you will be greeted with this new way to mount a game. Prefer the original way? Then deank still has you covered with his original webMAN plugin as well. This update provides a new "Setup" option in the side menu and also completely does away with the "My Games" entry on the XMB and to launch the sMAN (slaunch feature) simple hold the START button on your dualshock controller to launch this new UI from the XMB. See full details in deank's release quote

Update: Deank also released a quick update to version 1.02 offering a few improvements/fixes outlined. Update 2: deank is on fire releasing another update to sMAN with the release of v1.05, note this version changes the START button to L1/R1 to launch the sluanch feature on the XMB, see all changes in the changelogs provided.

sman.jpg

• sMAN (webMAN + sLaunch)

sMAN 1.01 (2/192017)
      • Added "Setup" option in side-menu
      • Removed xml generation - no need for custom category_game.xml anymore
      • Removed xai_plugin/idle_plugin usage
      • Added x2 upscale for small images/covers (w/h < 336)
      • Added indication of current group mode (PS3 1 / xxx) under title name/path
      • Removed "My Games" entry from XMB - hold [START] to launch sMAN (Note: changed to R2/L2 in v1.05 see below)
      Update(1) - sMAN v1.02 (2/19/2017)
      • Changed netiso/rawseciso implementation (external) - use plugin slot #0
      • Fixed crash when trying to load another PS1 title after one is played
      Update(2) - sMAN v1.05 (2/19/2017)
      • Use [L2+R2] to start sMAN
      • The sprx is bigger (but actually uses less memory) because it contains some glued resources
      • It will use standard PS1/PS2/PSP/PS3/Blu-ray/DVD icons when there is no proper cover/image available
      • This version of the plugin must be named sman.sprx and loaded from (in this exact order):
        • /dev_hdd0/sman.sprx or
        • /dev_hdd0/plugins/sman.sprx or
        • /dev_flash/vsh/module/sman.sprx
        • otherwise it won't work. The first match of these three will be loaded.
      sMAN resource files are located in /dev_hdd0/tmp/wmtmp/res folder. There are six icons, background and ntfs/net external plugins. You can play with them until the next reboot when they will be restored to defaults.​

NB: Renaming it to webftp_server.sprx and other stupid things are not supported. :)

Thanks to @bguerville for his help about loading xmb plugins: http://www.psx-place.com/......

Dean

Download:

DeViL303, rocknard, Joonie and 14 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Sdw100
      Sdw100
      STLcardsWS, WTF-IGO and deank like this.
    2. deank
    3. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      WTF-IGO and deank like this.
    4. aldostools
      aldostools
      You don't cease to amaze me with each update/release! Outstanding job!!!
      ex05, WTF-IGO, self_slaughter and 2 others like this.
    5. deank
      deank
      It seems that using the same approach as in multiMAN for ntfs/net pluings ( cobra_load_vsh_plugin(0,...) - leaving stuff to stage2 to work on) fixes some issues. I don't know why I didn't think of it earlier for the last 3 years since I released webMAN.
    6. psydefx
    7. deank
      deank
      Encrypted ISO support is more of a function of the firmware (cobra stage2.bin). I was thinking about it last few weeks and decided that it is not a task for a plugin to handle. If I come up with a way to add it to Cobra (stage2) I'll post about it.
    8. Metalomeus
      Metalomeus
      Is it possible to choose to have "My Games" enabled or disabled in XMB ?
    9. Zwei
      Zwei
      everything perfect
      WTF-IGO and deank like this.
    10. deank
      deank
      To what end? sMAN doesn't support XMB interaction anymore (only [START] button to invoke it). XMB doesn't need an empty "My Games" icon/entry.

If you use webMAN/webMAN MOD then it will appear (at least it is an easy way to distinguish what plugin is in use).
    11. MoJagot
      MoJagot
      How do I install sman 1.02? I understand sman 1.01 has a sprx file that you just need to load but what about 1.02?
      Thanks
    12. deank
      deank
      aldostools, WTF-IGO and Johnnie like this.
    13. psydefx
      psydefx
      just tried 1.02 and its great. just two things though:

one: i think after choosing game, xmb should return to install package files every time. sometimes it returns to different category game options
      two: launch sman would be better as select instead as start. if you hold start in install package files and app home it acts as x/cross button

@deank great work so far. btw the latest sman option in setup doesnt seem to update sprx
    14. deank
      deank
      More likely the combo to start sMAN will be changed to L1+R1 because other buttons interfere with other plugins or XMB.

The link in the setup page is not for "updates" it is for a PC browser.

After mounting a game (if it happens fast enough) the focus is changed to the game entry.
      ex05, WTF-IGO, RandQalan and 2 others like this.
    15. psydefx
      psydefx
      sometimes it returns to game data, others to created folder games. depends where sman is launched from?
    16. Zwei
      Zwei
      L1+R1
      Is already command to pass the games inside the sman

Edit: Well the combo could just be the square button [ ] or only L2
      Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    17. deank
      deank
      sMAN 1.05 is now available: http://deanbg.com/sman.sprx (370KB)

* Use [L2+R2] to start sMAN
      * The sprx is bigger (but actually uses less memory) because it contains some glued resources
      * It will use standard PS1/PS2/PSP/PS3/Blu-ray/DVD icons when there is no proper cover/image available
      * This version of the plugin must be named sman.sprx and loaded from (in this exact order):

/dev_hdd0/sman.sprx
      or
      /dev_hdd0/plugins/sman.sprx or
      /dev_flash/vsh/module/sman.sprx

otherwise it won't work. The first match of these three will be loaded.

sMAN resource files are located in /dev_hdd0/tmp/wmtmp/res folder. There are six icons, background and ntfs/net external plugins. You can play with them until the next reboot when they will be restored to defaults.

NB: Renaming it to webftp_server.sprx and other stupid things are not supported. :)

Dean
      Last edited: Feb 19, 2017
    18. Me_TheKing
      Me_TheKing
      thanks @deank the last sman is working perfectlly, it list all my games.
      but i sill can't open the menu if there is no titles, to see the menu i have first to plug a usb hdd to scan my games then i can see the menu. the reason why i need to see the menu is to see the setup so that i can add my pc-ip bc i only use the net to play my games.
      i also notes that new sman can't scan my ps1 games (bin+cue) from the net.

you say befor "The limit for the netiso games is 1220 files per folder (either 1220 ISOs or 610 iso+png/jpg)", i was woundering can this number be increase bc i have more than 1220 ps3 game and i want to put them all in one ps3iso folder with a program called "Link Shell Extension" by symbolic link so that i have only one ip to scan.

i am on habib 4.81 v1.02, ps3 slim, and i am using only the net to play my games.
      i forget to say befor i don't and didn't have multiman so maybe this is was the problem that i don't have covers for my games.

thanks again and sorry for my english
    19. sandungas
      sandungas
      You mean this version of ntfs/net are .sprx files ?
      And this means sMAN should work even in a theorethical cobra without those functions, right ? (in other words, a cobra that doesnt preloads them at slot0)

This opens a few doors to standarization, lets say at some point you return to webman developemnt and use the same method, and aldo implements this too in webman mod and sman mod... at that point we will have 3 homebrew backup managers using the same files externally, and some more homebrews could do the same (multiman, irisman, managunz, etc...), so maybe is better to prepare it now to make it more flexible by creating an intermediary plugin to work as a "file system selector"

The fs_selector.sprx could be added in boot_plugins.txt and just passes the calls to the others that im going to name ntfs.sprx and netfs.sprx, by default it should not load anything though (to avoid conflicts with the ntfs/net support from cobra, and to not load anything at boot)

That selector could be a good way to bring back the EXT filesystem support by making another extfs.sprx external plugin available to be loaded from the selector, not much people used it though, but well... looks doable and an efficient way because it matches with the idea some of you had when decided to separate the ntfs code from ext code to make it more efficient

Edit:
      Not sure if what im saying would complicate it more than needed, is just an idea that came to mind and i posted in case someone wants to discuss why or why not
      And btw, what happened to rawseciso... could be converted to a .sprx too ?
      Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
      WTF-IGO likes this.