PS3 [Update v1.4.3 ] PS3 PKG Ripper v1.4.2 - Critical Bug Fixed (All user's are advise to update)

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by Rudi Rastelli, Mar 19, 2018.

By Rudi Rastelli on Mar 19, 2018 at 6:41 AM
  1. 241
    Rudi Rastelli

Rudi Rastelli Developer

After a critical bug was unfortunately found by some user's of this popular utility that makes quick work of extracting your PKG files the dev arrives with a fix. The bug would occur if the process of extracting was aborted and would delete the output directory, depending on the output directory it could erase and cause the user's a giant headache. Developer Rudi Rastelli acknowledge the issue and took care of it with this update of version 1.4.2. Anyone using Any previous versions of this utility are advised to update, this will ensure you do not experience this bug that could potentially wipe your drive or important folders clean.
    -STLcardsWS.​

PS3P PKG Ripper V1.21.gif

• UPDATE >>> PS3P PKG Ripper v1.4.3

Changelog V1.4.3

• [GUI] "Extract Selected Items"-button is greyed out if no pkg is loaded
      • [GUI] If you've select no item it tells you to do so before the output-dir selector comes up (it was the other way around in previous versions)
      • [Readme] Added some short instructions

Regards
      Rudi

• PS3P PKG Ripper V1.4.2

V1.4.2
      • [GUI] Fixed a critcal bug where output directory is deleted on abort even if it's not empty

Now extraction will be done in a [TitleID]-folder which is created in the selected output folder
      (default extraction path is: "[path_of_pkg]\[ContentID]\[TitleID]\").

On abort the [TitleID]-folder will be deleted first and only if the selected output folder is empty it will be deleted as well.

Regards
      Rudi

• PS3P PKG Ripper - Changelog

V1.4.2
      - [GUI] Fixed a critcal bug where output directory is deleted on abort even if it's not empty

V1.4.1
      - [CLI] Fixed a bug which causes PSP-directories been interpreted as files
      - [CLI] Now i shouldn't be deteced as virus/trojan from some antivir software
      - [GUI] Little bug fixing

V1.3
      - [CLI] Fixed a bug which caused crashes or incorrect extracted files on some systems
      - [CLI] Added and changed a few switches (use -h to check it out)
      - [GUI] Adapted GUI to the changed switches

V1.21
      - [GUI] Check if 'PS3P_PKG_Ripper.exe' exists
      - [CLI] Fixed a bug that caused multiple extraction of a single file

V1.2
      - [GUI] Changed short select buttons to option-checkboxes
      - [GUI] Added config file to save and restore selected options and window size

V1.1
      - [GUI] Added Buttons to short select 'PARAM.SFO', 'EBOOT.BIN' and all '*.self', '*.sprx', '*.edat', '*.sdat'

• PS3P PKG Ripper V1.4.2
      by Rudi Rastelli​

Features:
      • Supports PS3-, PSP-, PS1/PS2-Classic-, DLC-, Minis-, Avatar-, Theme-PKGs
      • Supports Retail- and Debug-PKGs
      • Supports PKGs of any size
      • Extracts whole PKG
      • Extracts selectable single files and/or directorys
      • Options to short select 'All files', 'System files', 'EBOOT.BIN' and all '*.self', '*.sprx', '*.edat', '*.sdat'
      • Options and window size are saved and restored
      • Progress Output (Overall/File)
      • Lists contents of a PKG with size of files
      • Changeable output directory
      • Optimized for speed
      • Optional GUI included
      • Source code included
      • Doesn't need any DLL's or any installed runtimes

Wanna say THX to
      @mathieulh, @mysis - I've learned a lot from their sources
      @Ifcaro - From his 'PKGView' I've learned how to handle Debug-PKGs
      @No0bZiLLa - For testing

Regards
      Rudi

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by Rudi Rastelli, Mar 19, 2018.

1. haznpapo
      haznpapo
      awesome fix thank you
    2. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
    3. dedark05
      dedark05
      how to use this? any video tutorial than i can look into?
    4. Niander466
      Niander466
      sorry if my question is too noob but what is this for?
    5. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Features:
      • Supports PS3-, PSP-, PS1/PS2-Classic-, DLC-, Minis-, Avatar-, Theme-PKGs
      • Supports Retail- and Debug-PKGs
      • Supports PKGs of any size
      • Extracts whole PKG
      • Extracts selectable single files and/or directorys
      • Options to short select 'All files', 'System files', 'EBOOT.BIN' and all '*.self', '*.sprx', '*.edat', '*.sdat'
      • Options and window size are saved and restored
      • Progress Output (Overall/File)
      • Lists contents of a PKG with size of files
      • Changeable output directory
      • Optimized for speed
      • Optional GUI included
      • Source code included
      • Doesn't need any DLL's or any installed runtimes
      Spawn, xViTr and Niander466 like this.
    6. pinky
      pinky
      believe me when I say this is fast.
      Spawn likes this.
    7. uday
      uday
      THANKYOU
    8. dedark05
      dedark05
      sorry for asking, but "extracts whole pkg" for what?
    9. habib
      habib
      @Rudi Rastelli does your tool support psp remasters?
      Pkgview doesn’t support it :( it leaves out the important big files
      An example is mh3 remastered
      If you need help adding it’s support, I can help you :)
      Metalomeus and STLcardsWS like this.
    10. Timbergrey
      Timbergrey
      PKG ist a encrypted file format from Sony, you need to extract it or you can`t use it. If you install a game from the PSN on your console it does the same.
    11. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      Yes, but this app is for extracting it on your PC, for example if you wanted to mod the pkg or just pull some files from it, for example icons, or if you wanted to get info from param.sfo about the app. The pkgs we use on CFW are considered "debug" pkgs, with no encryption, but we can still install untouched retail too.

@dedark05 think of a pkg like a self extracting zip file, that extracts to the dev_hdd/game/ folder. If you want to access the content on PC you can use this. You can also install ps3tools by aldostools, and then you can right click on pkgs to extract them, also works sprx and self etc, so that is another handy way to look inside pkg files on ps3..
    12. Rudi Rastelli
      Rudi Rastelli
      Sry but i don't have any of these psp remasters to check it out... why don't u try yourself ?
    13. habib
      habib
      Will try it today and report back :)
      STLcardsWS and Rudi Rastelli like this.
    14. habib
      habib
      it does work :)
      your tool is officially better then pkgview in terms of everything

debug pkgs take quite a bit of time. it can be dropped to ~36 seconds where your tool took 64 seconds
      the key is to use sse instruction set to do 128 bit xor so you use alot less cycles
      Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    15. st00pid
      st00pid
      What language is this written in? Will it compile for Linux?

Nevermind: I figured out it's purebasic and it won't compile on linux for me.
    16. aldostools
      aldostools
      True... only the official GUI is not very fancy. In my ps3tools I included a nice GUI with neat features, like image preview and more.

EDIT: Here is the GUI https://www.sendspace.com/file/cu5a6y
      Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    17. st00pid
      st00pid
      I ran this in a windows 7 virtual machine with a shared folder attached, I selected a pkg from the shared folder and when I clicked make new folder on the desktop, this tool proceeded to delete EVERYTHING on the desktop and in the shared folder from my host machine instead of making a new folder. I lost my original act.dat and idps.hex file... What the F%$# how do i get my act.dat and idps.hex back now? It even deleted C:\user\Desktop folder. Unbelievable.

Edit: Luckily I saved act.dat and idps.hex elsewhere, but still this thing deletes massive amounts of data wildly as it crashes after selecting make new folder, so that is pretty uncool.
    18. Rudi Rastelli
      Rudi Rastelli
      @st00pid
      Really sry 2 hear that but i can't repoduce this problem... creating a new folder works just fine 4 me without any crashing or deleting anything.
      So currently i can not tell what could cause the problem.
      So maybe u should better use @aldostools gui or the cli version

Have to say my intention for making "PS3P PKG Ripper" was to have a fexible cli tool for "PSN Liberator". I've made the Gui only for the release and the ease of use and it's 4 sure very basic... i thought "someone will may be make a better one... but for now it's better than only having the cli version"
      st00pid and STLcardsWS like this.
    19. st00pid
      st00pid
      No worries, i didn't lose anything critical luckily. I will just further isolate the tool by making the shared folder read only from the guest from now on.