Vita Backup GUI

Discussion in 'General PS VITA Discussion' started by Berion, May 7, 2017.

1. 1,052
    Berion

Berion Developer

Well, another useless GUI for non existent application. ^^"

vita_backup_preview_1.png vita_backup_preview_2.png vita_backup_preview_3.png vita_backup_preview_4.png vita_backup_preview_5.png

2. 7,127
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

I'm actually still using ur theme and ur appmeta on my pstv. the retroarch with all the cores (simply labeled retroarch) - I used ur graphics for its appmeta since it didn't have one of its own. it's named something like retrovita (its title id), so maybe u should add that since u have each individual core. :)

STLcardsWS and Joel16 like this.
  3. 1,052
    Berion

Berion Developer

@pinky: I have new stuff for Phalaris Suite (RetroArch included ;]) but didn't finished all which I want to next release (and this theme will be for THMX as this app simplified few things (yet, still didn't tested because I borrow my console)).

STLcardsWS and bitsbubba like this.
  4. 7,127
    pinky

the theme audio that was malfunctioning with ur theme seems to have corrected itself. I think it was the memory card. since I've gone memory card less, it hasn't once stopped working. :)

5. 4,379
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Ensō Tester Moderator Developer

Sony Fanboy
    Home Page:
    This looks good like your other themes have you updated them at all.

Joel16 likes this.
  6. 7,127
    pinky

he does have an R1 and an R2 and afaik, the only difference is the background. R2 tries to blend the background with the wave he's selected. I'm not sure if he's updated either. maybe more appmeta? I didn't like the mai one personally, though, so I just used a backup of my appmeta to change it back. I like the rest though. also, there seems to be some sort of cache, because when I hadn't installed the theme on my memory card less system the icons were still visible outside of a folder bubble. however, they weren't present inside the bubble. that must be in the ur0 partition somewhere I would think, right?

7. 1,052
    Berion

Berion Developer

@pinky: In Phalaris Nebula there are two configs to user taste. Default was semi transparent bg image (to see waves from default LA) with two wave colour schemes (to force them to move when switching between screens). This was perfect in Rebugification for PSV but after longer use, I agree that's choice is not work in Phalaris case (due to bubble lighting scheme taking from wave). So in R3 there will be only one config: not transparent.

About audio: I still have no idea what was Your problem. audio xml childnode is active and point to non existent file (/audio.at9). Maybe it's cached somewhere from theme which use the same name for bg music - maybe this was the problems. In R3 I will use the same bgm as for Rebugification. It fit good enough IMO.

About last sentence: I'm using standard path: "ux0:/customtheme/<theme name>/" applied by Redsquirrel app and everything always works. ;p Cache for app icons are in ur0:/appmeta but I don't know if exist any for theme resources.

@atreyu187: Yes, but in flat design, is just one minute of work to change into another colour scheme.

bitsbubba, pinky and atreyu187 like this.
  8. 7,127
    pinky

is redsquirrel the dev who created the customthemes app for the system itself? I know he created the customthemes app for windows, so I'm not aware of this. ur probably right that it's cached somewhere. it would have to be in ux0 or ur0. what would happen is that the music would not work when starting the system from a coldboot. changing to the default theme then back again is the only way it would work. I don't have that problem now. I'm not sure which of those two partitions the cache would be in though. if I were to guess, I would say ur0. that partition gets flushed whenever u format. I hope u make some appmeta, 'cause there r several apps that need it, registry editor, for example.

9. 1,052
    Berion

Berion Developer

bitsbubba, STLcardsWS and atreyu187 like this.
  10. 4,379
    atreyu187

Sony Fanboy
    Home Page:
    STLcardsWS and Berion like this.
  11. 1,052
    Berion

Berion Developer

It looks like I find someone who write for us this application. ^^

If someone will ask why we need that app, the answer is simple: to control which contents to backup and which to restore - and without need of CMA stuff.

Few new previews:

vitabackup_rev2_3_compression.png vitabackup_rev2_5_media.png vitabackup_rev2_6_checking.png vitabackup_rev2_7_error_size.png vitabackup_rev2_8_error_battery.png vitabackup_rev2_9_progress.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    bitsbubba, atreyu187, Joel16 and 2 others like this.
  12. 4,379
    atreyu187

Sony Fanboy
    Home Page:

Great job, this is gonna be a QCMA-like replacement but Vita/PSTV side right?

13. 5,741
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Nice gui @Berion , as always. I'm curious who is that developer. :) I have two types. If I'm right both of them are very talented, and they know how to. So i'm sure this gonna be cool project. :)

Btw. Small reminder of your other gui for that developer: http://www.psx-place.com/threads/vitaio.10312/
    Maybe he will find some time to wrote also that one app. :)

14. 1,052
    Berion

Berion Developer

I'm already finished GUI (prj+assets). Currently I'm preparing documentation for developing.
    Three themes included (Phalaris like, Light (from post #9) and Blueprint similar to VITAIO).

@atreyu187: Yes, but probably in first releases packing into CMA will not be implemented (only ZIP).

@kozarovv: There are not to many programmers on PSV scene so everyone could guess blindly. ^^ But I didn't ask him yet if I can announce him as associated with this project. Or maybe he'll reveal himself. ^^

I showed, he refused. To many works (but who knows, few "modules" can be already "ported" from existing apps made by various developers).

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    bitsbubba and atreyu187 like this.
  15. 407
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    Sad that no one else picked this up, the design is great.
    @Berion I'm gonna get back to slowly working on this. Haven't really made much progress apart from setting up the GUI. I'll post more details later after getting more progress done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. 407
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    Alright, repo is up. (Mind you it's still very early for this project)

Here's some proper screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. 1,052
    Berion

Berion Developer

Oh, what a surprise! Thanks for interesting. We (I hope the whole community ^^) really need such app. Not only to have freedom in backuping specified content but also to be free from Sony network infrastructure which user is forced to use (i.e to reactivations).

Few months ago, I ask SKGleba to make such app but still he didn't finished it. He also planing to implement it on recovery level instead of userland. And most thing which trouble me: as a closed source. Maybe You both can join the forces? Most thing on which I'm concern is fully implementing XML script from the example (newer version in attachment, and BTW can be usable also for normal users which looks what data is anyhow important). Because it's flexible and can be moved to other platforms in the future (i.e PS4).

PS: Because of font blurring in different sizes by vita2d (?) and long list with paths - I think the better visual solution would drop second lines under content item. So in example, instead of:
    Code:
    Trophies
    /user/00/trophy
    leaving only Trophies will be better (easier to You for implementing, nicer looks because using only one font size and cleaner looks/less scrolling for the end user).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
    STLcardsWS, bitsbubba and Joel16 like this.
  18. 407
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    Ah I see, I didn't even look at the script. I've
    never worked with XML before at least not with c programming. Ill see what I can do.

Also I don't really know who he is (I know he hangs out on discord) not sure about his recovery either. For now I'd rather work with myself and see how far I can come with it. I'll make the relevant design changes as you requested. Also my code is always open source: https://github.com/joel16/VitaBackup (won't find much there yet)

STLcardsWS, bitsbubba and Berion like this.
  19. 1,052
    Berion

Berion Developer

It is Yours app so last word obviously is Yours. I just trying point good solutions but don't feel obligated by any of my word. Just this kind of script give freedom for the user to determine backup archive content. Also whole archive is easy to management on any platform and easy to determine the content due to categorization.

I'll be observe this repo for sure. Again, thanks for memory and all the work. Keeping fingers crossed. ^^

bitsbubba and Joel16 like this.
  20. 407
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    I'll try to keep your solutions in mind. I mean the whole idea and design is yours so you do play a major role in it. However this SKGleba dude, I hope he's not the type that steals code from other people. I'm trying to keep this code as efficient as possible. I've had experiences with people stealing my code and slapping their names over it, it's not fun.

bitsbubba likes this.