Vita Whitelister v1 Released

Discussion in 'HENkaku' started by atreyu187, Jul 31, 2016.

1. 4,365
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Ensō Tester Developer

Sony Fanboy
    Home Page:
    [​IMG]

Here is a nifty little VPK for HENkaku. Just add to your ux0:/ folder (ex mine is ux0:/_vpk so it is the first folder seen by file manager) where you keep your VPK files for install with molecularShell. Simply open the folder with the file manager and press :but x: to install. This will remove the block on titles for the PSTV/Vita TV as well as the PS1 games blocked on the Vita. No need to fire up the FTP to re-enable to patch. While this doesn't allow as many games to work as the advanced v2 app.db mod it does have it uses making it better at somethings then v2 hack.

When v2 is used one can no longer get game updates nor use DLC thus while allowing it to boot it also breaks some aspects that are critical. So unless this hack doesn't allow running your said game on your PSTV then use the advanced app.db hack.

VPK contains icon & Live area wallpaper as to not look empty. Replaces list_launch_emu.dat & list_launch_vita.dat. VPK is simple yet efficient and provided by Kankertje I am just spreading the news as this is much easier then having to FTP everytime you coldboot your system as it is accessed right from the Live area.

Vita Whitelister v1
    Mirror
    Source

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    STLcardsWS and kozarovv like this.
  2. 7,706
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

FYI had this in already in the HENkaku main info thread. (but its own thread is nice as well)

atreyu187 likes this.
  3. 4,365
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Ensō Tester Developer

Sony Fanboy
    Home Page:
    Darn I missed that. I was looking but this is the latest updated version and should be considered final.

STLcardsWS likes this.
  4. 9,536
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

btw, I saw a post by u @atreyu187 which I can't find atm in which u said u were at an advantage with the vita mods. I was thinking to make it even easier on the end user would be to create csv files for the mods. they're just really lines of code to force into the app.db like u would with the ps3 remote. not sure if ur interested in doing that. I guess it wouldn't work with themes unless u had a uniform, defined folder since u can create the folder path anyway. ...just a thought really. :p

edit: nm. I just realized that won't work since u have to define the position and page ids, but u can redefine them like u would with the ps3 remote play. the user would most likely have to redefine them anyway. :-/ kinda tired, so I wasn't thinking straight. :D