A new project called Vita3k is in the early stages and is an Experimental PS Vita Emulators for Windows and MacOS. Currently commercial games does not run but various homebrew has been running such as Quake & VitaTester (among some other other utilities). This emulator has a long road ahead but has already progressed nicely as well. Will "Vita3k" be to the Vita, what PPSSPP was to PSP emulation, time will only tell. Also if you would like contribute to the project you can find the source code hosted @ github, you can find that link at bottom of the article:. (Thanks to @kozarovv for this news alert)
Vita3K is an experimental PlayStation Vita emulator for Windows and macOS.
Why is it needed?
- With the PlayStation Vita approaching end-of-life, there has never been a more important time to preserve compatibility with the existing PS Vita software library.
- Given that the PS4 doesn't run PS Vita software (or even PS3 or PSP software for that matter), we can't rely on Sony to maintain compatibility with PS Vita software in the future. We need to step up and build that compatibility ourselves.
- Audio support
- First release (Windows, macOS, source code)
- Continuous Integration to build releases automatically
- Support .psv (game card backup) file format
- Ongoing work to improve and expand compatibility
- Ongoing work to improve performance
Feature wish list
- Network play
- High resolution rendering
- Custom shaders
- The emulator currently runs a few homebrew programs in .vpk format. No commercial games are playable. vitaQuake by Rinnegatamante &,VitaTester by SMOKE5
- The emulator does not yet have a front end. Please specify the path to a .vpk file as the first command line argument.
Bugs and issues
- The project is at an early stage, so please be sensitive to that when opening new issues. Expect crashes, glitches, low compatibility and poor performance.
- Thanks go out to people who offered advice or otherwise made this project possible, such as Davee, korruptor, Rinnegatamante, ScHlAuChi, Simon Kilroy, TheFlow, xerpi, xyz, Yifan Lu and many others.
- If you would like to show your appreciation or even help fund development, the project has a Patreon page.
- The purpose of the emulator is not to enable illegal activity.
- PlayStation and PS Vita are trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. The emulator is not related to or endorsed by Sony, or derived from confidential materials belonging to Sony.
Vita3K is licensed under the GPLv2 license. This is largely dictated by external dependencies, most notably Unicorn.
CMake is used to generate Visual Studio and Xcode project files. It is assumed that you have CMake installed and on your path. Other dependencies are provided as Git submodules or as prebuilt binaries.
Windows (Visual Studio)
- Run gen.bat to create a build-windows directory and generate a Visual Studio solution in there.
- Open the Vita3K.sln solution.
- Set the startup project to emulator.
- Run gen.sh to create a build-macos directory and generate an Xcode project in there.
- Open the Vita3K.xcodeproj project.
- When prompted to create schemes, create one for the emulator target only. The project builds many targets, so it will make your life easier if you create schemes as needed.
PS VITA / PS TV Vita3K - A new Playstation Vita emulator in development !!
By kozarovv on Jan 28, 2018 at 7:44 AM
PlayStation Developer Wiki is growing - Introducing PS1 & PS2 DevWiki !!!Well, well! You (probably) already heard about the several PlayStation Developer Wikis like for the PS3 and the PS4, but also for the handheld consoles like PSP and PSVITA, with it's strong communities and useful information for each wiki. But while the actual Console Generations were already satisfied with their own wikis, there was something missing. If you wanted to get some informations about older Sony Consoles, then we had to be honest - your informations kept very short. But since we speak about the "past tense form" from "has", the lack of useful information could change with your help. Thanks to the well-known user @GregoryRasputin, you can now contribute to a PS1 and PS2 DevWiki! Yeah, that's right. Sony's both first released home consoles are getting it's own dedicated wikis and everyone is welcome to contribute.Continue reading
OPL (Open PS2 Loader) - Latest Improvements
While we have seen PS2 developer like @sp193 busy with several new updates to Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB) exploit recently, the dev along with other PS2 devs like Maximus32 have been putting in some work and making some "HUGE Advancements" to OPL as @TnA details. Open PS2 Loader or better known as simply OPL is moving along nicely with the times and making great strides still in 2018, from here i will leave it to TnA who has summed up the various progressions of this very popular PS2 ProjectContinue reading
Free Memory Card Boot v1.964 Release - A Series of new updates for FMCB since June '18 by sp193
The PS2 Community is still going strong and developer @sp193 continues to make improvements across the board on the PS2, with some of the dev's latest work coming with a series of new updates to Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB), Since June of this year the dev has provided the progress and reports as seen in the thread (in the psx-place forums) and kept us informed. There has been alot of new changes since June and each of those changes can be seen in the "Recent Developments" along with some other details about the project be sure to view all links the dev has provided for additional details about this project if your a new comer to FMCB or the PS2.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: