A new project called Vita3k is in the early stages and is an Experimental PS Vita Emulators for Windows and MacOS. Currently commercial games does not run but various homebrew has been running such as Quake & VitaTester (among some other other utilities). This emulator has a long road ahead but has already progressed nicely as well. Will "Vita3k" be to the Vita, what PPSSPP was to PSP emulation, time will only tell. Also if you would like contribute to the project you can find the source code hosted @ github, you can find that link at bottom of the article:. (Thanks to @kozarovv for this news alert)
Vita3K is an experimental PlayStation Vita emulator for Windows and macOS.
Why is it needed?
- With the PlayStation Vita approaching end-of-life, there has never been a more important time to preserve compatibility with the existing PS Vita software library.
- Given that the PS4 doesn't run PS Vita software (or even PS3 or PSP software for that matter), we can't rely on Sony to maintain compatibility with PS Vita software in the future. We need to step up and build that compatibility ourselves.
- Audio support
- First release (Windows, macOS, source code)
- Continuous Integration to build releases automatically
- Support .psv (game card backup) file format
- Ongoing work to improve and expand compatibility
- Ongoing work to improve performance
Feature wish list
- Network play
- High resolution rendering
- Custom shaders
- The emulator currently runs a few homebrew programs in .vpk format. No commercial games are playable. vitaQuake by Rinnegatamante &,VitaTester by SMOKE5
- The emulator does not yet have a front end. Please specify the path to a .vpk file as the first command line argument.
Bugs and issues
- The project is at an early stage, so please be sensitive to that when opening new issues. Expect crashes, glitches, low compatibility and poor performance.
- Thanks go out to people who offered advice or otherwise made this project possible, such as Davee, korruptor, Rinnegatamante, ScHlAuChi, Simon Kilroy, TheFlow, xerpi, xyz, Yifan Lu and many others.
- If you would like to show your appreciation or even help fund development, the project has a Patreon page.
- The purpose of the emulator is not to enable illegal activity.
- PlayStation and PS Vita are trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. The emulator is not related to or endorsed by Sony, or derived from confidential materials belonging to Sony.
Vita3K is licensed under the GPLv2 license. This is largely dictated by external dependencies, most notably Unicorn.
CMake is used to generate Visual Studio and Xcode project files. It is assumed that you have CMake installed and on your path. Other dependencies are provided as Git submodules or as prebuilt binaries.
Windows (Visual Studio)
- Run gen.bat to create a build-windows directory and generate a Visual Studio solution in there.
- Open the Vita3K.sln solution.
- Set the startup project to emulator.
- Run gen.sh to create a build-macos directory and generate an Xcode project in there.
- Open the Vita3K.xcodeproj project.
- When prompted to create schemes, create one for the emulator target only. The project builds many targets, so it will make your life easier if you create schemes as needed.
PS VITA / PS TV Vita3K - A new Playstation Vita emulator in development !!
By kozarovv on Jan 28, 2018 at 7:44 AM
SEN Enabler v6.2.1 - Includes 4.84 Spoof to regain PSN AccessDeveloper @Evilnat was quick to provide a Spoofing solution for 4.83 (& lower) CFW user's who may be making the wise decision of staying on a lower firmware and not so quick to jump to a 4.84 CFW right away that does not have the various supplemental homebrew's and tools updated for 4.84 yet. If you want to stay on top of those release's be sure to checkout this thread in the forum. The Spoof in SEN Enabler allows for a lower firmware to connect to PSN, but also note that it could be a potential trigger for a PSN ban so be aware of that when spoofing. For more info about SEN Enabler you can always checkout the official release and support thread located here in the psx-place forums.Continue reading
4.84 OFW Released - Beware do not updatePlayStation 3 had an official firmware update released with the drop of system update 4.84. Below i provided a small chart for people on other firmwares and their hacks. Currently it unknown what prompted the update, could of been a simple maintenance update, which what appears to be the case on initial inspections. Could the update have something to do with PS Plus *Buy Games from PlayStation Store* ending on the service? Very well could be but that is speculation at this point. PSX-Place will keep you updated of all the changes this update brings. The update has not patched the recent StoreHaxx release which is not something most will use as its simply an IDPS dumper currently (w/ other potentials possiable). Even on 4.83 and looking to exploit, you may want to wait to update until devs in this thread mainly @bguerville and @esc0rtd3w give the okay.
Checkout this thread for FUTURE 4.84 releated released.
Save The Scene v1.1 (Homebrew Game) released by Lapy05575948Cuban developer Lapy05575948 (aka Lapy Games) following the first homebrew release for the PS4 which was a Flappy Bird Clone called Lapy's Chicken . Now the game creator follows that game up with another in yesterday's release with v1.0 of a new PS4 Homebrew Game titled "Save The Scene" and a quick update of v1.1 followed today (that decreased the difficulty that was set a bit high in v1.0). Under the hood the game is built with Unity 3d and is an original creation by the developer for the PS4 along with a Windows version that has been created.as well. The premise of this game surrounds around an evil entity attacking the scene and you must save some of these devs by stopping the bombs (by selecting the right button before the bomb falls) from exploding on their heads . If you prove your are the "chosen one" you may get a working exploit (in the game world lol). There is some enjoyable design elements to this title that were brought to the game by the developer (Lapy05575948) and Xalgovia. Plus for your listening pleasures in this title we can thank retrogamer74 for the sound affects. Included below is video footage/screenshots of this game in action. This PS4 Homebrew requires an exploited PS4 Console (on 5.05 FW) .Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- User Record:
- Latest Member: