A new project called Vita3k is in the early stages and is an Experimental PS Vita Emulators for Windows and MacOS. Currently commercial games does not run but various homebrew has been running such as Quake & VitaTester (among some other other utilities). This emulator has a long road ahead but has already progressed nicely as well. Will "Vita3k" be to the Vita, what PPSSPP was to PSP emulation, time will only tell. Also if you would like contribute to the project you can find the source code hosted @ github, you can find that link at bottom of the article:. (Thanks to @kozarovv for this news alert)
Vita3K is an experimental PlayStation Vita emulator for Windows and macOS.
Why is it needed?
- With the PlayStation Vita approaching end-of-life, there has never been a more important time to preserve compatibility with the existing PS Vita software library.
- Given that the PS4 doesn't run PS Vita software (or even PS3 or PSP software for that matter), we can't rely on Sony to maintain compatibility with PS Vita software in the future. We need to step up and build that compatibility ourselves.
- Audio support
- First release (Windows, macOS, source code)
- Continuous Integration to build releases automatically
- Support .psv (game card backup) file format
- Ongoing work to improve and expand compatibility
- Ongoing work to improve performance
Feature wish list
- Network play
- High resolution rendering
- Custom shaders
- The emulator currently runs a few homebrew programs in .vpk format. No commercial games are playable. vitaQuake by Rinnegatamante &,VitaTester by SMOKE5
- The emulator does not yet have a front end. Please specify the path to a .vpk file as the first command line argument.
Bugs and issues
- The project is at an early stage, so please be sensitive to that when opening new issues. Expect crashes, glitches, low compatibility and poor performance.
- Thanks go out to people who offered advice or otherwise made this project possible, such as Davee, korruptor, Rinnegatamante, ScHlAuChi, Simon Kilroy, TheFlow, xerpi, xyz, Yifan Lu and many others.
- If you would like to show your appreciation or even help fund development, the project has a Patreon page.
- The purpose of the emulator is not to enable illegal activity.
- PlayStation and PS Vita are trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. The emulator is not related to or endorsed by Sony, or derived from confidential materials belonging to Sony.
Vita3K is licensed under the GPLv2 license. This is largely dictated by external dependencies, most notably Unicorn.
CMake is used to generate Visual Studio and Xcode project files. It is assumed that you have CMake installed and on your path. Other dependencies are provided as Git submodules or as prebuilt binaries.
Windows (Visual Studio)
- Run gen.bat to create a build-windows directory and generate a Visual Studio solution in there.
- Open the Vita3K.sln solution.
- Set the startup project to emulator.
- Run gen.sh to create a build-macos directory and generate an Xcode project in there.
- Open the Vita3K.xcodeproj project.
- When prompted to create schemes, create one for the emulator target only. The project builds many targets, so it will make your life easier if you create schemes as needed.
PS VITA / PS TV Vita3K - A new Playstation Vita emulator in development !!
By kozarovv on Jan 28, 2018 at 7:44 AM
TheFlow cracks Vita Firmware 3.67 ("Will Release" but "Not Soon")TheFlow has brought some clarity on the recent updates (commits) made to VitaShell suggesting 3.67 Support, It is indeed true that 3.67 is now exploitable for the PS Vita and sibling devices the PlayStation TV (Vita TV). The dev has now confirmed on his official twitter (tweets below) that user and kernel access on Vita's 3.67 Firmware has been achieved, However, do note before you get too excited, the developer won't release till end of year, in what seems to be a move to wait out any future Vita firmware updates that may be on the horizon,. The dev has also stated (if time allows) the possibility to update HENkaku Enso to 3.65 for existing Vita user's, but in the future we might see all vita devices with a new window for exploiting .Its unclear if the recent Vita Bootloader Hack aided or had anything to with this hack but details are sure to emerge in the coming weeks and months What ya think about this announcement from TheFlow?
-STLcardsWS/ nCadeRegalContinue reading
Something good is going on in the PS Vita SceneIt appears "Something good is going on in the PS Vita Scene" says psx-place's own kozarovv, As the recent commits by xyz (team molecule member) and then TheFlow (VitaShell Creator) Github pages some rather interesting discoveries were found in those recent commits as also The_Hero (of Games&Consoles) points out about some new commits arising following the news from last week when Yifan lu (a member of Team Molecule) disclosed the new HENkaku Enso Bootloader Hack to the Vita Community. Since, it now appears there are some rather interesting developments coming to fruition in the Vita's ecosystem. Are we are likely in store for something big for the Vita Community, like 3.67 breakthroughs? It sure looks that way, currently, we are only making suggestions and concluding details from the commits across these Open Source Projects from elite vita devs. As these changes are signaling something is on the horizon. @kozarovv laid out some of the important bits of information that can be gather from those recent commits made available -STLcardsWSContinue reading
HENkaku Ensō bootloader hack for Vita [ by Team molecule]Team molecule is not done detailing information on the PS Vita / PlayStation TV / Vita TV, after the releases of HENkaku and then HENkaku Ensō Now developer Yifan Lu has detailed a write up detailing a new exploit titled HENkaku Ensō bootloader Hack, the information detailed could lift some of the restrictions hampered in the Vita's current environment. and even lead to a full blown 3.65 exploit (but that needs additional work the team is not interested in, but they hope others will be with this new info.) There is alot to read so i will let you get to the details yourself in the this well written piece by the developer, The topic we have broke up below in our tabs for easy reading, but you can also view the original format in the source link provided from Yifanlu's blog at bottom of the article.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: