PS VITA / PS TV VitaBackup v1.10 - Light Theme Added / Re-Structured backup process

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by Joel16, Feb 10, 2018.

By Joel16 on Feb 10, 2018 at 2:40 AM
  1. 407
    Joel16

Joel16 Developer

Student
    Home Page:
    Developer @Joel16 is back at it again with a new update to the new utility for your PS Vita & PlayStation TV: VitaBackup. After including more inspiration from @Berion with the inclusion of also the Light Theme that Berion also provided from his initial idea of this project (VitaGUI), since the initial release developer Joel16 has re-done the backup process to give "user's 100% flexibility what they want to backup" and also some other inclusions include a couple of fixes to improve the experience with this homebrew, note that those fixes were made in a re-release of v1.10 (that came quickly after), if downloaded before may want to make sure you have this latest v1.10 build that includes the fixes listed below.
    -STLcardsWS​

NMCqG5P.jpg

• VitaBackup - Version 1.10 is up!

SFYDQgV.jpg 22DjKvP.jpg
      Change-log:
      • Completely re-structured the backup process
        • This gives the user 100% flexibility on what they want to back up. The user can decide on a name and path like so:
        • Modify the path.txt file in ur0:/data/VitaBackup/path.txt and add entries in the following format:
        • Example:
          • Trophies~ux0:/user/00/trophy
          • Licenses~ux0:/license
        • Do not put a forward slash at the end if it's a folder
      • Prevent home button and auto-suspend during backup/restore process.
      • Only display scroll bar if we have more than 5 files.
      • Use the proper enter/cancel buttons depending on your device's region. (JP uses the "Cross" button to cancel items)
      • Backup archives have their timestamps separated by a '-'. (Example: some_file-2018-02-08.tar)
      • Added a light theme in options. (Thanks to Berion for the design)
      • Added minor touch controls in options and main menu.

UPDATE: Version 1.10 has been re-uploaded.

Please re-download if you haven't. I just needed to make two quick fixes:
      • Reset touch positions after using the touch screen (Will not interfere with the buttons anymore)
      • Home button will no longer be blocked (even if the backup/restore process fails to read an entry properly)

Download (latest version): github.com/joel16/VitaBackup/

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2018
    STLcardsWS and Berion like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by Joel16, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Joel16
      Joel16
      Version 1.10 has been re-uploaded. Please re-download if you haven't. I just needed to make two quick fixes:

- Reset touch positions after using the touch screen (Will not interfere with the buttons anymore)
      - Home button will no longer be blocked (even if the backup/restore process fails to read an entry properly)

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Change-log and Download: https://github.com/joel16/VitaBackup/releases/tag/1.10
      Berion likes this.
    2. pinky
      pinky

I love this idea. there's around 10 files (not counting licenses and the app meta) I'd like to backup. I have them all backed to my laptop with the path name as the folder name with a ~ signifying a sub folder or a sub sub folder. :-p that's to my old account, so when I do make a new account, I'm going to use this. :)
      Joel16 likes this.
    3. Berion
      Berion
      I don't know how this looks like on PSV, but on PSTV trophies are splitted to ur and ux. On ux0 there are only images, on ur0 meta data. Making copy of them should contain both. ;)

So, can we use two lines and they will be packed into one archive? In example:
      Trophies~ur0:/user/00/trophy
      Trophies~ux0:/user/00/trophy
      kozarovv, STLcardsWS and Joel16 like this.
    4. Joel16
      Joel16
      Hmm you're correct. The most recent one will definitely overwrite unless you do it a day after and remember which one :P
      I'll probably look into this for the next update.
      Berion, kozarovv and STLcardsWS like this.
    5. Berion
      Berion
      Oh, so no multipath for one archive? ^^" Even if no, it still can be "bypassed" just making two different strings like in example below?
      Trophies (part 1 from ur0)~ur0:/user/00/trophy
      Trophies (part 2 from ux0)~ux0:/user/00/trophy
    6. Joel16
      Joel16
      It will use 'trophy-2018-02-10.tar" as the file name. It uses the string just before the last "/".
      I'll try to find a better way to do this in the next release. Maybe ux0-trophies-date.tar would be better.
    7. Berion
      Berion
      The best idea would be creating "multipath archives". Because, well, there are much more such examples. I tested today VBUP v1.10 rev2 and it is backuping only few basic data. Definitely it is not sufficient as peoples don't using brains and don't know sh*t about the scene. So they fully trust the authors to thinking for them... ;)

System Settings and User Informations (currently only registry and id.dat is backuping):
      • ux0:/iconlayout.ini
      • vd0:/registry/system.dreg
      • vd0:/registry/system.ireg
      • ux0:/id.dat
      • ur0:/user/00/np/myprofile.dat
      • tm0:/clouddata/mcid.dat
      Various Databases. Currently only app.db is backuping but if someone using system apps and want keep their data or using HENkaku but not Enso, they all be screwed.

Activation Data and Content Licenses. IMO activations and licenses should be in one archive. And currently backuping is only act.dat which is insufficient because we have also different activators for PSP and PSM. Also I'm not sure if act.db and licenses.db are not also important (I'm not sure if they are restoring content by database rebuilding).
      • ux0:/license/app/*/*.rif
      • ux0:/pspemu/PSP/LICENSES/
      • tm0:/psmdrm/act.dat
      • tm0:/npdrm/act.dat
      • ur0:/user/00/shell/db/act.db
      • ux0:/license/licenses.db
      Encrypted saves also should contain all three folders because if some used PlayStation+ Cloud Storage, will lost those saves.
      • ux0:/user/00/savedata/
      • ux0:/user/00/savedata_backup/
      • ux0:/user/00/savedata_plus/
      - - -

bugs: :)

1. I don't have decrypted saves, but VBUP created empty tar anyway.
      2. For "app*.tar" first path layer is "ur0:shell" (should be ur0, second layer shell, third db).
    8. Joel16
      Joel16
      Hey, you should quote me next time otherwise I many not get notified and wont see it lol

Thanks for the bug reports and suggestions. I'm currently busy with school stuff so i'll try to implement them later. Also the pre-included backup list can be expanded with v1.10 if you add this to path.txt

savedata_plus~ux0:/user/00/savedata_plus/ -> It'll allow you to back it up into a separate tar archive. I'll try to see if I can add multiple into 1 archive at some point. Maybe something like:

savedata~ux0:/user/00/savedata/,ux0:/user/00/savedata_backup/,ux0:/user/00/savedata_plus/

Also the bug with ur0:shell is because in the default list I put ur0:shell as the pathname, which should be fixed in the next version. My bad.
      Berion likes this.