VITA / PsTV VITAident v0.3 - New GUI Version & Improved device detection from Joel16

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 19, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 19, 2016 at 12:07 AM
  1. 5,054
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

VITAident is a handy utility for HENkaku enabled devices by developer Joel16, with the roll out of version 0.3 we see a new alternative GUI version (see included pics) or the original text version if you prefer something simpler is also available. In v0.3 VITAident is a bit more friendlier to the PlayStation TV [aka VitaTV] as some information that does not pertain to the device is not displayed , plus a few other changes as outlined in the included release quote from joel16.

Vitaident2.jpg

• VITAident v0.3 is up. Sorry for the huge delay, I've been busy with my other projects.
      Now there is also an alternate GUI version. (The GUI version updates values as you scroll through each section.) Check the screenshots below.​

Changelog:
      • Now grabs username (PSN user id)
      • Displays CEX/DEX/IDU/Debug/Tool info.
      • Model identification (PS VITA/ PS TV).
      • Hide certain info that isn't relevant to VITA TV.
      • Display accurate version under app information.

GUI:
      • Fixed controls.
      • Displays sub section titles.
      • L/R trigger can be used to cycle through sub sections.
    • Original:
      Vitaident1.jpg
      GUI:
      Vitaident2.jpg Vitaident3.jpg

Download: VITAindent v0.3 - (PS. If you're deciding to use the GUI version isntead, please download the VID000016.zip, and copy the folder VID000016 into your Vita's ux0:/data/)
    Source: psx-place.com

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 19, 2016.

1. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      Joel16 likes this.
    2. Joel16
      Joel16
      pinky and bitsbubba like this.
    3. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      Nice work Joel16. Thanks.

btw: Hope this isn't made by Joel15 like the title suggests, his stuff is never as good as yours :-p
      pinky, Joel16 and bitsbubba like this.
    4. Berion
      Berion
      Thanks for nice app.

Have we also can change font color and background?

IMHO logo position, application name and navigation also should be displayed with margin. Just my three cents. ;p
      bitsbubba likes this.
    5. nCadeRegal
      nCadeRegal
      Fixed the title , good job @Joel16, this is lookin really nice man.
      Joel16 and DeViL303 like this.
    6. Joel16
      Joel16
      Lol well believe it or not it is actually somewhat marginalized :p . At least the titles, and the (L/R) button indication below are all at the same position apart from the different wordings. I was following an Android recovery styled GUI. Where the logo would be placed on the top left. The title section and control instructions however, was something I decided to add.

If you can maybe provide a mockup image, I can take a look at it.

Regarding your question about font color and background, there isn't any background, but I can provide an option to change font colors and the selector's (gray bar) color in the future.
      DeViL303 and pinky like this.
    7. Berion
      Berion
      Yeah, maybe I should be more precise: I have in mind more margin (based on attached screens).

And background please! ^^ I will definitely use it.
      DeViL303, bitsbubba and Joel16 like this.
    8. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Someone stuff must be good, because i think you are seeing some things, i see Joel16 just as i left it ;)
      DeViL303, Joel16 and bitsbubba like this.
    9. pinky
      pinky
      lol...I love this comment. @Joel16 is awesome!
    10. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      I'll have to agree with you there :)
      Joel16 and STLcardsWS like this.
    11. Joel16
      Joel16
      Can someone with a PS Vita OLED and PS VIta TV test this version:
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzIzEQt6k4EEa05NVjNJczdsWEU

I'm trying to get the accurate model version (PCH-1000, PCH-2000, PS VITA TV)
      So far I can confirm it properly detects my PCH-2000, I just need to make sure it works with VITA TV and PCH-1000 as well.

It should say Model Version: 0x00010000 (PCH-1000) on PS Vita OLED
      or Model Version: 0x00020000 (PS Vita TV) on PS Vita TV
    12. Berion
      Berion
      I have PSVTV and this version say it's "0x00020000 (PS Vita TV)", so it looks like everything is ok.
      Joel16 likes this.
    13. Joel16
      Joel16
      Thanks, will update in the coming days.
    14. Berion
      Berion
      Could You explain me how CID is calculated? I got 3 different CIDs... depend on which application I used to dump. So, at least two of them doing this task wrong.
    15. Joel16
      Joel16
      Sorry been really busy recently. What do you mean you're getting 3 different CIDs?
      What applications are you using? VITAident and VITAident GUI?
      pinky likes this.
    16. Berion
      Berion
      VITAident 0.4 beta (from post #12), Vita Activator and Vita Toolbox 0.3. All gave me very similar but different CIDs.