PS VITA / PS TV VITAident Version 0.5 Out - Further Improvements By Joel16

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by Tranced, Dec 22, 2016.

By Tranced on Dec 22, 2016 at 11:43 AM
  1. 1,308
    Tranced

Tranced Programmer Administrator

Programmer
    Developer Joel16 is at it again with another update to VITAident. The previous build, been version 0.4, introduced some added model detection and the developer further improves said detection for 'PTEL and PDEL' models. For taiHEN users you get better fself compression and for those following the 3DS scene you will note some other subtle changes. Lets take a look at the release notes and be sure to check out the other tabs for further info.​

VITAident.png

• Original:
      • More accurate model detection for PTEL and PDEL models.
      • Includes fself compression. (Please switch to Taihen)
      • Displays values in their respectful colored category (example red star = red values, just like 3DSident)
      • Detects whether the model supports 3G/WiFi.
      • Display battery charging status.
      • Now uses any key to exit the app (just like 3DSident)
      GUI:
      • Includes all of the above except doesn't use any key to exit.
      • Added a minimal customization option to change the font color. (please update your ux0:/data/VID000016 folder)

• Displays firmware and model info (Vita fat/slim/TV/PTEL/PDEL).
      • Displays PS Vita Unit (Cex/Dex).
      • Displays Vita motherboard.
      • Displays PS VITA CID (Console ID).
      • Displays PSID.
      • Displays language.
      • Displays IP address.
      • Displays MAC address.
      • Displays ARM, BUS and GPU clock frequency.
      • Displays GPU Xbar clock frequency.
      • Displays battery life time.
      • Displays battery percentage, and charging status.
      • Displays battery remaining capacity.
      • Displays battery temperature in both degrees C and F.
      • Displays battery voltage.
      • Displays PSN username.
      • Displays SD free and total capacity (Thanks TheOfficialFloW).
      • Displays enter button (Cross/Circle).
      • Automatically saves screenshot upon exit.

• Major_Tom, Smoke, TheOfficialFloW, Rinnegatamante, himanshugoel2797, franci95 and fate6.

Downloads: VITAident v0.5

Source: github/VITAident

MixeryMaxe and kozarovv like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by Tranced, Dec 22, 2016.

1. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Awesome work as usual @Joel16 sorry I couldn't testr till today but it was able to detect my DEX converts using @SilicaAndPina CEX2REX VPK!!!
      kozarovv, Tranced and Joel16 like this.
    2. Joel16
      Joel16
      Haha that's fine. Luckily two other people were able to help me out with the tests and I was able to add the checks into the module identifying function.
      kozarovv and Tranced like this.
    3. atreyu187
      atreyu187

I'm sorry I got caught up in holiday stuff and feel terrible. Sorry man you have been so good to me making custom builds for my ME CFW's and I feel like a douche.
      Joel16 likes this.
    4. Joel16
      Joel16
      Nah that's fine lol. I tend to get extremely busy especially during college time so it's completely understandable.
      atreyu187 likes this.
    5. atreyu187
      atreyu187

Well you have always been a done to earth guy and a great asset to not only the scene but here at Place.
      Joel16 likes this.
    6. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      @Joel16 I don't think they make them but how does this handle a PSTV running DEX shell and apps? Haven't had time to try it yet myself. Just curious if anyone has and if so how did it go? If not I can do that test for you bud to help out since I have been slacking on the testing.
    7. Joel16
      Joel16
      Hm I've never heard of a DEX PSTV before, but if it exists, my model check will definitely fail at it. If there is ever confirmed to be a PSTV development unit, then I can easily modify the function to identify this.

I haven't tried the CEX->DEX converter thing though, so I'm not too sure about it.
    8. atreyu187
      atreyu187

I have a just such a PSTV. It is running a good portion of DEX apps but most importantly it's running DEX shell. It's a nifty little app called CEX2REX by @SilicaAndPina, yes I know but he has a false bad rap for most of it.

But I am running DEX CMA, DEX PKG Installer (and working without IDU mode BTW seems he hexedited the binary to work) and many more standard DEX features. Even some os0:/ files not just files/apps from ur0:/ so I will give it a go today and see how it responds. I'll post results and screen shots.

Working (slowly as I have to many projects going on with sparse time) on getting more and more added to the conversion package. A lot of features are working like trophy lock and unlock, added back stock DEX apps but also added some missing like the PSN Store if we ever get back online. It's doubtful anytime soon but best to be ready ahead of time instead of scrambling when/if it does become available.
      bitsbubba and Joel16 like this.
    9. Joel16
      Joel16
      Cause a black background with colorful text, and a simple logo shouldn't count as a GUI :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
      kozarovv likes this.
    10. Joel16
      Joel16
      Actually, here's the release:

VITAident v0.6

Original:
      • Detect spoofed system version, and actual firmware version. System Version -> System software version (spoofed) Firmware Version -> Actual firmware version.
      • Remove automatic screenshot upon exit. (Not necessary since the VITA allows us to take screenshots natively.) This in turn improves the speed upon exiting the original version.
      GUI Version:
      • All of the above^.
      • New Ubuntu like design. (Cleaner, faster and more user friendly).
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

Download (Please update your ux0:/data/VID000016 if you're using the GUI version)
      kozarovv likes this.