PS Vita Vitamon Go (by VitaHEX Games) - A Pokemon Go Hombrew Clone for your PS Vita

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Dec 3, 2017.

By STLcardsWS on Dec 3, 2017 at 12:20 AM
  1. 6,318
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

VitaHEX games has a new release for HENkaku user's, but this time around PlayStation TV user's you will be sitting on the sidelines for this release. As Vitamon GO (a Pokemon Go Clone) is a Vita exclusive since this utilizes the rear camera of the device. this is not a complete game but a good POC that is open source for anyone to expand upon and add to it, be it new characters or additional elements of gameplay. Other VitaHEX creations have included the following: ZombieBound, Crazy Traffic 3D, PRO Camera Vita, Voice Recorder Vita & Notepad Vita

2017_11_19_123709.jpg 2017_11_19_123832.jpg
    iBGiOBnAGVYVAWEiT89jpJCHA5_-FKcsbR7-ZUfOIPf4ZBzGY-nMJuMCrb9hOiJ0.jpg 2017-11-15-231450.jpg

• I love to try new things on my PS Vita. This includes homebrew games that no one tried to implement. This is more like an experiment rather than a homebrew game to me. It's the first homebrew AR game developed entirely in lpp-vita (Lua Player Plus - Vita).

And the final title of the game is Vitamon Go! (very original I know :P)It's a Pokemon Go kinda game for the PS Vita. As I said in my previous post this is more like an experiment rather than a full game. Like my previous releases this is going to be open-source, you can easily modify it's code and the files to your liking.

Pressing the AR button on top-right corner enables the AR mode.
      The AR works using the PS Vita's motion sensors and the rear camera to blend 3d objects in to the real world. Using the touch screen you can throw the ball to capture the monster that appears in front of you.

Currently in this alpha version there are 3 types of monsters that may appear at random order for every try you play. I know many of you would like to see Pokemon instead of some random monsters but for obvious reasons I can't do that. That's why I'm making it open source.

VitaHEX Games
      Want to see more homebrew games like this? Support my work by becoming a Patron:
      https://www.patreon.com/vitahex

MixeryMaxe likes this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Dec 3, 2017.