Here is new utility that is a welcome sight to the PS Vita / PlayStation TV community as developer Arkanite releases VitaPad++ (which do not get confused with VitaPad which is a completely different app with different functions). This text-editor with tons of functionality is a handy tool but developer has packed alot of additional functionality and features that makes this such a great utility even for developers who might want to edit / review and source code on the go, There is already great features but also see the roadmap and it should serve as a great addition to he Henkaku Library of homebrew . Additional details of this latest GekiHEN Contest Entry, note as of writing this news we have 1 day and about 12 hours (counter in our forum) until the deadline for submitted entries.
VitaPad++ (by Arkanite)
VitaPad++ is a portable notepad and source code editor for the Playstation Vita.This project initially started as a simple text editor and has grown to support such features as:
- Line numbering.
- Multi language syntax highlighting.
- On-screen Developer keyboard.
- Tab indexing.
- Full touch support.
- Multi file handling.
- File manager.
- Auto-view positioning.
- and more.
VitaPadd++ can also be set as a standard notepad editor and has a range of configurations to personalize as you like.
You can keep track of development and the features road map over at the Git repository.
- SELECT - Open/Close Menu.
- CROSS - Show/Hide Keyboard.
- SQUARE - (In Editor) Backspace.
- CIRCLE - (In Menu) Back navigate.
- L.TRIGGER - Previous file.
- R.TRIGGER - Next file.
- D-PAD - (In Editor) Line navigation.
- FRONT TOUCH - Full interaction, incl auto-keyboard calling and document scrolling.
v0.3 - BUG-FIXES | ADDITIONS | SUBTRACTIONS:
- Add - stats HUD (togglable: Menu -> Settings -> Preferences)
- Add - dialog on incompatible files.
- Add - DPad hold seeking (all directions).
- Add - circle btn to back cycle through setting menu.
- Add - dialog on max files open.
- Add - syntax auto load on known file extension (saving/loading).
- Add - settings option - set auto Tabbing (off/single/double).
- Add - US Dev keyboard (incl TAB).
- Add - automatic Keyboard calling on touch.
- Add - Multiple open files (max of 4 "currently").
- Add - <-- Line bookmarking.
- Add - File browser.
- Add - Basic hold text selection (no interaction yet).
- Fix - layout width issue on file switching.
- Fix - 'last browse dir' not saved when closing file manager.
- Fix - unwanted scroll on keyboard interaction.
- Fix - caret positioning issue while menu open.
- Fix - files not loaded if filename contains special characters.
- Sub - removed native keyboard.
v0.2- BUG-FIXES | ADDITIONS | SUBTRACTIONS:
- Add - Basic touch support (line indexing, column indexing & scroll)
- Add - Syntax highlighting (C, C++, Java)
- Add - File save/close.
- Add - Settings menu (with a massive 1 option)
- Add - stats HUD (togglable: Menu -> Settings -> Preferences)
- Fix - DPad navigation can go outside max line count.
ver 0.5 - 0.6
- Find/Replace/Mark feature.
- Style Configurator (user defined syntax & UI colours).
- File auto-caching and auto save.
- Selection interaction (cut/copy/past/delete/apply upper-case/apply lower-case).
- Keyboard update (fn/pgUp/pgDn/Home/End/Insert/Delete/Numpad).
- Print Screen (screenshots).
- URL and email interaction.
- Syntax VitaSDK and common libraries.
- Font face and size selection (Editor and UI).
- Performance improvements and code cleanup.
- Git support.
- Spell checker.
- User defined 'safe'/'unsafe' modes.
- Code autocomplete.
- Compare files feature (split screen).
- Custom keyboard skinning.
- vitasdk developers : for the sdk
- all contributors behind libvita2d
Download: VitaPad++ (v0.3)Source: GekiHEN.xyz
PS VITA / PS TV VitaPad++ v0.3 (by Arkanite) - A New & Impressive Text Editor (& More) for Henkaku
By STLcardsWS on Mar 18, 2017 at 2:20 PM
TheFlow cracks Vita Firmware 3.67 ("Will Release" but "Not Soon")TheFlow has brought some clarity on the recent updates (commits) made to VitaShell suggesting 3.67 Support, It is indeed true that 3.67 is now exploitable for the PS Vita and sibling devices the PlayStation TV (Vita TV). The dev has now confirmed on his official twitter (tweets below) that user and kernel access on Vita's 3.67 Firmware has been achieved, However, do note before you get too excited, the developer won't release till end of year, in what seems to be a move to wait out any future Vita firmware updates that may be on the horizon,. The dev has also stated (if time allows) the possibility to update HENkaku Enso to 3.65 for existing Vita user's, but in the future we might see all vita devices with a new window for exploiting .Its unclear if the recent Vita Bootloader Hack aided or had anything to with this hack but details are sure to emerge in the coming weeks and months What ya think about this announcement from TheFlow?
-STLcardsWS/ nCadeRegalContinue reading
Something good is going on in the PS Vita SceneIt appears "Something good is going on in the PS Vita Scene" says psx-place's own kozarovv, As the recent commits by xyz (team molecule member) and then TheFlow (VitaShell Creator) Github pages some rather interesting discoveries were found in those recent commits as also The_Hero (of Games&Consoles) points out about some new commits arising following the news from last week when Yifan lu (a member of Team Molecule) disclosed the new HENkaku Enso Bootloader Hack to the Vita Community. Since, it now appears there are some rather interesting developments coming to fruition in the Vita's ecosystem. Are we are likely in store for something big for the Vita Community, like 3.67 breakthroughs? It sure looks that way, currently, we are only making suggestions and concluding details from the commits across these Open Source Projects from elite vita devs. As these changes are signaling something is on the horizon. @kozarovv laid out some of the important bits of information that can be gather from those recent commits made available -STLcardsWSContinue reading
HENkaku Ensō bootloader hack for Vita [ by Team molecule]Team molecule is not done detailing information on the PS Vita / PlayStation TV / Vita TV, after the releases of HENkaku and then HENkaku Ensō Now developer Yifan Lu has detailed a write up detailing a new exploit titled HENkaku Ensō bootloader Hack, the information detailed could lift some of the restrictions hampered in the Vita's current environment. and even lead to a full blown 3.65 exploit (but that needs additional work the team is not interested in, but they hope others will be with this new info.) There is alot to read so i will let you get to the details yourself in the this well written piece by the developer, The topic we have broke up below in our tabs for easy reading, but you can also view the original format in the source link provided from Yifanlu's blog at bottom of the article.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: