Here is new utility that is a welcome sight to the PS Vita / PlayStation TV community as developer Arkanite releases VitaPad++ (which do not get confused with VitaPad which is a completely different app with different functions). This text-editor with tons of functionality is a handy tool but developer has packed alot of additional functionality and features that makes this such a great utility even for developers who might want to edit / review and source code on the go, There is already great features but also see the roadmap and it should serve as a great addition to he Henkaku Library of homebrew . Additional details of this latest GekiHEN Contest Entry, note as of writing this news we have 1 day and about 12 hours (counter in our forum) until the deadline for submitted entries.
VitaPad++ (by Arkanite)
VitaPad++ is a portable notepad and source code editor for the Playstation Vita.This project initially started as a simple text editor and has grown to support such features as:
- Line numbering.
- Multi language syntax highlighting.
- On-screen Developer keyboard.
- Tab indexing.
- Full touch support.
- Multi file handling.
- File manager.
- Auto-view positioning.
- and more.
VitaPadd++ can also be set as a standard notepad editor and has a range of configurations to personalize as you like.
You can keep track of development and the features road map over at the Git repository.
- SELECT - Open/Close Menu.
- CROSS - Show/Hide Keyboard.
- SQUARE - (In Editor) Backspace.
- CIRCLE - (In Menu) Back navigate.
- L.TRIGGER - Previous file.
- R.TRIGGER - Next file.
- D-PAD - (In Editor) Line navigation.
- FRONT TOUCH - Full interaction, incl auto-keyboard calling and document scrolling.
v0.3 - BUG-FIXES | ADDITIONS | SUBTRACTIONS:
- Add - stats HUD (togglable: Menu -> Settings -> Preferences)
- Add - dialog on incompatible files.
- Add - DPad hold seeking (all directions).
- Add - circle btn to back cycle through setting menu.
- Add - dialog on max files open.
- Add - syntax auto load on known file extension (saving/loading).
- Add - settings option - set auto Tabbing (off/single/double).
- Add - US Dev keyboard (incl TAB).
- Add - automatic Keyboard calling on touch.
- Add - Multiple open files (max of 4 "currently").
- Add - <-- Line bookmarking.
- Add - File browser.
- Add - Basic hold text selection (no interaction yet).
- Fix - layout width issue on file switching.
- Fix - 'last browse dir' not saved when closing file manager.
- Fix - unwanted scroll on keyboard interaction.
- Fix - caret positioning issue while menu open.
- Fix - files not loaded if filename contains special characters.
- Sub - removed native keyboard.
v0.2- BUG-FIXES | ADDITIONS | SUBTRACTIONS:
- Add - Basic touch support (line indexing, column indexing & scroll)
- Add - Syntax highlighting (C, C++, Java)
- Add - File save/close.
- Add - Settings menu (with a massive 1 option)
- Add - stats HUD (togglable: Menu -> Settings -> Preferences)
- Fix - DPad navigation can go outside max line count.
ver 0.5 - 0.6
- Find/Replace/Mark feature.
- Style Configurator (user defined syntax & UI colours).
- File auto-caching and auto save.
- Selection interaction (cut/copy/past/delete/apply upper-case/apply lower-case).
- Keyboard update (fn/pgUp/pgDn/Home/End/Insert/Delete/Numpad).
- Print Screen (screenshots).
- URL and email interaction.
- Syntax VitaSDK and common libraries.
- Font face and size selection (Editor and UI).
- Performance improvements and code cleanup.
- Git support.
- Spell checker.
- User defined 'safe'/'unsafe' modes.
- Code autocomplete.
- Compare files feature (split screen).
- Custom keyboard skinning.
- vitasdk developers : for the sdk
- all contributors behind libvita2d
Download: VitaPad++ (v0.3)Source: GekiHEN.xyz
PS VITA / PS TV VitaPad++ v0.3 (by Arkanite) - A New & Impressive Text Editor (& More) for Henkaku
By STLcardsWS on Mar 18, 2017 at 2:20 PM
qwertyoruiop now shows [unreleased] kernel exploit for 5.00 PS4 FWPS4 hacker qwertyoruiop has been making light work of the PS4 on firmware 5.00, first he showed a webkit exploit running when he tweeted the screenshot via his twitter feed over the weekend, at the time the hacker was also suggesting he had found several bugs to gain a kernel exploit. Yesterday a simple tweet was made by Qwertyoruiop "ps4 kernel code exec on 5.00 achieved at last!" followed by the screenshot posted today as seen below of the kernel exploit being loaded in the PS4 web-browser. Now this is good news, but i must give a warning about getting too excited as the dev has not released previous exploits. Its remains a mystery to when a PS4 exploit may be released to the public, but we do know there is alot of development going on with the PS4 by some talented guys and at some point will be very beneficial to many. A current exploit is so close but also so far away but nonetheless this progress is exciting to see.Continue reading
SwitchView UI [by VitaHEX Games) - Switch inspired interface (app) for launching HomebrewAs mentioned a few days ago in PSX-Place's The FEED, VitaHEX Games has a new homebrew for exploited PSTV / VITA that is influenced by the popular Nintendo Switch. SwitchView UI is a homebrew app that allows you to launch HOMEBREW from a Switch like interface as seen in the provided screenshots. This app (powered by Lua Player Plus (lpp)) will only show homebrew (games/apps) stored in "ux0". Perhaps the LiveArea is not your favorite area to launch homebrew then here an option for you, check it out and give the developer some feedback or even idea's on future projectsContinue reading
MicroCHIP (CHIP-8/SCHIP-8 emulator) by RinnegatamanteFamed Vita developer Rinnegatamante has released yet project for your PS Vita (& PSTV) that will inject some classic emulation into your HENkaku exploited devices. MicroCHIP is an emulator for the classic CHIP-8 / SUPERCHIP -8. This emulator is powered by Lua Plus Player (Vita) and provides various features for your Retro ExperienceContinue reading
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: