It was a couple of weeks ago when developer Rinnegatamante tweeted about the progress of VitaQuake II with Hardware Acceleration (vs previous Software rendering). We have seen the dev already do this with VitaQuake and we are seeing other projects support VitaGL which is providing Hardware rendering of various Homebrew's. Another great Vita project powered by VitaGL recently was VitaXash3D which allows you to play Half-Life on your Vita & PlayStation TV (VitaTV). Hardware Acceleration will improve the graphical and gameplay experience and also make new things playable that were not once able to, like half-life. but now Quake II get the attention and from v1.5+ the Vita port will be with HW Acceleration. This should be one of the best looking version by a long shot, so give it a test run and enjoy some soundtracks as the dev has also fixed MP3 Support (Soundtrack Support), See full changes below.
vitaQuakeII v.1.5 available for download, now with hardware acceleration!!!Changelog:
- Switched from software rendering to hardware accelerated rendering ith vitaGL.
- Moved from mixed 480x272/960x544 resolution to full native 960x544 resolution.
- Fixed native screenshot feature (Scr_Screenshot). Now works as intended.
- Added a "limit framerate" voice in Options menu to cap framerate to 30.
- Added a "show fps" voice in Video menu to show framerate while playing.
- Fixed mp3 support for CDAudio soundtrack. Now works as intended.
- Added "render shadows" voice in Video menu to enable/disable entities shadows rendering.
- Improved right analog aiming sensibility (thanks to rsn8887/ShroomKing).
vitaQuakeII is a port of Quake II for PSVITA. At the moment vitaQuakeII has unique features like dualshock rumbling when player get hit and an internal render rescaler. It supports also double analogs for comfortable gameplay, online and locale multiplayer with featured servers, soundtracks support, sounds support and a lot more stuffs
- Native 960x544 resolution!
- Hardware acceleration thanks to vitaGL
- Sound and Soundtrack support
- Support for shareware and full versions of Quake
- Native support to both PSVITA analogs
- Unique features like dualshock rumbling, fps counter, ...
- Variable camera sensibility for right analog in option menu
- Multiplayer with support for both locale and online games with featured online servers
- Left Analog = Move player
- DPad UP = Use item
- DPad Left/Right = Select item
- DPAD Down = Drop item
- Right Analog = Move camera
- X = Jump
- O = Crouch
- R Trigger / Square = Shoot
- Triangle = Change Weapon
- L Trigger = Run
- Select = Show Mission (Singleplayer) / Scores (Multiplayer)
- - Place the quake2 folder in ux0:/data
- vitaQuakeII offers 5 different pre-selected servers in the serverlist from different places (Australia, Russia, France, USA): 4 are deatmatch servers, one is a co-op server.
Current available pre-selected servers:
- DeVelox (Deatmatch 8 players FRANCE)
- QW.org.pl (Deatmatch 8 players POLAND)
- ISP WEBA (Deatmatch 16 players RUSSIA)
- tastypleen.net:classic (Deatmatch 16 players USA)
- desync.com (Deatmatch 16 players USA)
- planetmnh.16mb.com (Co-op 14 players AUSTRALIA)
What the Data files actually include:
- Quake II demo data files. (Note: full version must be obtained yourself)
- Complete soundtrack in .ogg format.
- Several multiplayer maps used by pre-selected servers.
- - idSoftware for winQuake engine.
- - MasterFeizz for Quake2Ctr source i used as base for the port.
- - xerpi for vita2dlib.
- - gnmmarechal and bhunterzor for testing the homebrew.
PS VITA / PS TV VitaQuakeII v1.5 - Hardware Acceleration now added by Rinnegatamante
By STLcardsWS on Mar 10, 2018 at 10:19 AM
Exploiting PS4 Video Apps (to run unsign code) -- presentation coming (Dec. 28) by m0rph3us1987Developer m0rph3us1987 will be giving a talk "at #35c3 on the Chaos West stage. on December 28 and the dev will be discussing exploiting the official PS4 Video Apps. This should be a very interesting topic as the dev has stated "I'll show you how to exploit them to run your own unsigned code (regardless of the firmware version installed)" already known for his work with one of the few PS4 Homebrew's (PS4NES) and his work on the "holy grail HEN" looks to elevate the PS4 with something exciting. Will this be the event the PS4 needs, This will certainly be something to pay attention to as we get closer to the 28th later this month and i think we need all may need to say thank you to m0rph3us1987's wife Continue reading
Streets of Rage (Mod) released for PS4 by Markus95Developer @Markus95 who we know from his various projects such as Resident Evil Operation (PS3-Paintown Mod), DragonBall (PS3 - Paintown Mod & Resident Evil Code Vita to name a few projects, has now taken his talents to the PS4 and brought his along Streets of Rage MOD to an exploited PS4 Console. Adding a much needed virtual entry into the PS4 Homebrew library collection . This beat-em up style homebrew game can be ran on either 4.05 / 4.55 / 4.74 or 5.05 firmware (w/ active exploit) and of course pays homage to classic Streets of Rage series. If you had an exploited Wii / Wii U / Switch / PSP / PS Vita or a PS3 you may recall this release of this game for those platforms by @Markus95Continue reading
OpenGL ES implementation on the PS4 (Write-Up) provided by flatzPS4 homebrew development while at a sluggish pace since the PS4 was first exploited (in 1.76) does have some developer's that keep building the foundation for the scene. Developer flatz has provided and shared so many accomplishments on various devices, but the developer is one of the talented PS4 devs that is doing their part and then some to move the scene forward. In my opinion i still believe the ps4 console needs a current exploit as explained here to reach that next level and draw in more developer's and truly be a great platform for homebrew. However one of the busiest developer is doing alot following the previous coverage of OpenGL and C# code support developer flatz has now released a new Write-Up detailing the OpenGL ES implementation on the PS4. This is no doubt a good things for development of homebrew and the PS4 scene in general, but the question is how many developer are out there on the platform that will make good use of it with a new project..Obvious this is a great step forward..Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: