It was a couple of weeks ago when developer Rinnegatamante tweeted about the progress of VitaQuake II with Hardware Acceleration (vs previous Software rendering). We have seen the dev already do this with VitaQuake and we are seeing other projects support VitaGL which is providing Hardware rendering of various Homebrew's. Another great Vita project powered by VitaGL recently was VitaXash3D which allows you to play Half-Life on your Vita & PlayStation TV (VitaTV). Hardware Acceleration will improve the graphical and gameplay experience and also make new things playable that were not once able to, like half-life. but now Quake II get the attention and from v1.5+ the Vita port will be with HW Acceleration. This should be one of the best looking version by a long shot, so give it a test run and enjoy some soundtracks as the dev has also fixed MP3 Support (Soundtrack Support), See full changes below.
vitaQuakeII v.1.5 available for download, now with hardware acceleration!!!Changelog:
- Switched from software rendering to hardware accelerated rendering ith vitaGL.
- Moved from mixed 480x272/960x544 resolution to full native 960x544 resolution.
- Fixed native screenshot feature (Scr_Screenshot). Now works as intended.
- Added a "limit framerate" voice in Options menu to cap framerate to 30.
- Added a "show fps" voice in Video menu to show framerate while playing.
- Fixed mp3 support for CDAudio soundtrack. Now works as intended.
- Added "render shadows" voice in Video menu to enable/disable entities shadows rendering.
- Improved right analog aiming sensibility (thanks to rsn8887/ShroomKing).
vitaQuakeII is a port of Quake II for PSVITA. At the moment vitaQuakeII has unique features like dualshock rumbling when player get hit and an internal render rescaler. It supports also double analogs for comfortable gameplay, online and locale multiplayer with featured servers, soundtracks support, sounds support and a lot more stuffs
- Native 960x544 resolution!
- Hardware acceleration thanks to vitaGL
- Sound and Soundtrack support
- Support for shareware and full versions of Quake
- Native support to both PSVITA analogs
- Unique features like dualshock rumbling, fps counter, ...
- Variable camera sensibility for right analog in option menu
- Multiplayer with support for both locale and online games with featured online servers
- Left Analog = Move player
- DPad UP = Use item
- DPad Left/Right = Select item
- DPAD Down = Drop item
- Right Analog = Move camera
- X = Jump
- O = Crouch
- R Trigger / Square = Shoot
- Triangle = Change Weapon
- L Trigger = Run
- Select = Show Mission (Singleplayer) / Scores (Multiplayer)
- - Place the quake2 folder in ux0:/data
- vitaQuakeII offers 5 different pre-selected servers in the serverlist from different places (Australia, Russia, France, USA): 4 are deatmatch servers, one is a co-op server.
Current available pre-selected servers:
- DeVelox (Deatmatch 8 players FRANCE)
- QW.org.pl (Deatmatch 8 players POLAND)
- ISP WEBA (Deatmatch 16 players RUSSIA)
- tastypleen.net:classic (Deatmatch 16 players USA)
- desync.com (Deatmatch 16 players USA)
- planetmnh.16mb.com (Co-op 14 players AUSTRALIA)
What the Data files actually include:
- Quake II demo data files. (Note: full version must be obtained yourself)
- Complete soundtrack in .ogg format.
- Several multiplayer maps used by pre-selected servers.
- - idSoftware for winQuake engine.
- - MasterFeizz for Quake2Ctr source i used as base for the port.
- - xerpi for vita2dlib.
- - gnmmarechal and bhunterzor for testing the homebrew.
PS VITA / PS TV VitaQuakeII v1.5 - Hardware Acceleration now added by Rinnegatamante
By STLcardsWS on Mar 10, 2018 at 10:19 AM
[TUTORIAL] Unlock up to 8% extra total space on the PS3 internal hard driveNeed some extra space on your internal PS3 HDD, if so then perhaps @einsteinx2 may have a genius method for unlocking upto 8% of space on your Internal HDD, while the space is more then likely allocated for performance reasons by Sony (use this guide at your own risk), some of this saved space could be considered overkill, as the creator of this method makes a valid point that some of this saved space on larger HDDs is more then some of the early model PS3 complete HDD size, so its likely some of that space allocation is a bit overkill on the part of Sony. einsteinx21 has provided a great tutorial found below explaining in detail about this recent discovery
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - August 2018 Progress Report --- Milestone UpdateMaybe you was already wondering. Today we already have the 21st of September and there is still no Progress Report from August available? But don't worry, the great Team behind RPCS3 didn't forget to keep you updated. Actually, the reason is very simple why they kept you uninformed which was even worth to wait. Not only that a lot of AAA Game Titles saw huge improvements in playability, they also crossed multiple new milestones. RPCS3 now supports over 1000 (in words: "ONE THOUSAND") Game Titles which are fully playbale! Yes you read it right. How amazing is that? And it's getting even better. When we look into the same Month's Progress Report from last year, RPCS3 supported roughly 400 Game Titles fully playable, which was very good as well back in that day. But getting more than double of Game Titles fully playable in only 12 months shows how strong this Emulator and it's Developers behind this Project are. So before you need to wait any longer because of this introduction, here are the updates.Continue reading
OrbisMAN [BETA] - PS4 Utility Homebrew by LightningModsThe PlayStation 4 Homebrew Community has been a little dry , but LigthingMods has stopped by the forum today to release a new PS4 homebrew Utility that is in the BETA phase. The application that runs on exploited 4.55 / 5.05 ps4 firmware has been dubbed "OrbisMAN". The application can perform a variety of abilities and task, some of the highlights include a functional Toolbox (in a XMB User-Interface) , also background FTP (while in the toolbox) for transferring your files to your PS4 and PC. All the functionality has been laid out in the release docs below, also the full changelogs of the testing phase have all been included in the details provided by the dev below as well:
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: