PS VITA / PS TV VitaShellMod 1.61 (by BenMitnicK,) - Add even more new additions to this modded version of VitaShell

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by BenMitnicK, May 12, 2017.

By BenMitnicK on May 12, 2017 at 7:09 AM
  1. 16
    BenMitnicK

BenMitnicK Developer

We all are a fan of TheFlow's VitaShell but other developer's have tinkered with the source code to add some additions to VitaShell, this release called VitaShellMod (v1.61) comes to us by developer @BenMitnicK, in this latest updated to this very functional and useful vita homebrew comes alot new additions and changes. There is a variety of features you will not find in the original build of VitaShell, so give this a try and see if you enjoy the extra additions nd provide some feedback for the developer in the comments below as well.​
    -STLcardsWS​

6.jpg
    VitaShellMod 1.61
    VitaShellMod brings additional options to VitaShell

• vitaShellMod.png
      5v2.jpg 4.jpg 3.jpg

VitaShellMod v1.61

• Add the pic0 to the launch of the application
      • Add background image random "20 max" :)
      • Add language selection in options
      • Add DataBaseMenu (right joystick => Left to activate the menu)
      • Add PluginsManager (Right joystick => Down to activate the menu) * The panel has been removed
      • Add Vitaident (right joystick => right to activate the menu)
      • Add automatic plugin organization Enable/Disable
      • Add the language of the different menu and options in the language file
      • Add color options for different menus
      • Add credit
      • Add Theme manager
      • Add somes options to color.txt
      • Add noPreview image and square+triangle button image to theme folder
      • Add param.ini for 100% Customizing Select Manager
      • Add Filter for your Wallpapers
      • Settings menu remapped to LTRIGGER+START

2.jpg 1.jpg 8.jpg

Warning, it will replace VitaShell.

Download: VitaShellMod

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by BenMitnicK, May 12, 2017.

1. atreyu187
      atreyu187

Thanks I am gonna go home and add this to Team Molecule's Vitashell fork. Is your source code available? I didn't see it on your site. Haven't looked on GitHub yet as the site is blocked at work.
      BenMitnicK likes this.
    2. BenMitnicK
      BenMitnicK
      Your welcome my friend :)

Sorry it's a forget about me !! It's good the source code is available on my web site
    3. Berion
      Berion
      Why not different ID? I have too much love my current VitaShell to kill it (is changing SFO is sufficient or ID is buried also in EBOOT?). ^^"
    4. BenMitnicK
      BenMitnicK
      Because it's mods for vitashell test it :)
    5. atreyu187
      atreyu187

Nearly identical to Vitashell just the extras are activated with the use of the right analog stick. Looks and acts just like Vitashell with extra perks of not needing multiple other apps installed. Handles HENkaku and taiHEN plugins perfectly. That alone is invaluable.
    6. BenMitnicK
      BenMitnicK
      Plugins manager is young and incomplete I work on
      STLcardsWS, Joel16 and bguerville like this.
    7. atreyu187
      atreyu187

Bug report, when this is installed pressing start does nothing and you can't toggle between USB and FTP transfer.
      DeViL303 likes this.
    8. BenMitnicK
      BenMitnicK
      You don't read my quote :)

Settings menu remapped Ltriggers+Start
    9. atreyu187
      atreyu187

I did but seem to have missed that. Thanks but otherwise it's flawless. The plugin manager was my only issue as once enabled but disbaled they move to another folder but we are already in a shell so easily fixed by moving. Just don't have to many plugins in the folder as it can't scroll past a certain number but we don't need that many anyhow. I only found this as I ftp all plugins at once from VitaDB but moved them anyhow as I only keep the ones I am using anyhow in there. Found this out as I forgot to move them to another folder when I first moved them. Otherwise this is a MUST have for any Vita owner. Any chance of you adding the latest commits TheFl0w did adding mounting the internal memory once the card is inserted. Me an @kozarovv tried but had issues compiling not related to the commits anyhow
    10. BenMitnicK
      BenMitnicK
      Yes, plugins manager is young and old it's not my work but I work on my plugins manager coming soon. imc0 including in my build you can mounting it :) slim and TV if memory card inserted

PS: sorry if my English is not correct
    11. Berion
      Berion
      @BenMitnicK: What do You think about extending skin engine a little and made Phalaris as default theme of Your mod? :)

Attached Files:

atreyu187 likes this.
    12. atreyu187
      atreyu187

Yea I have only had time to test with my OLED Vita though it is installed on my PSTV though I have been relying on just my USB HDD for it lately.
    13. BenMitnicK
      BenMitnicK
      It is a very pretty theme, unfortunately VitaShellMod is there only to allow you to use my tweaks that I made on VitaToolBox fork of VitaShell, expecting my new standalone application :)
      atreyu187 likes this.
    14. BenMitnicK
      BenMitnicK
      ok But I reassure you it works :)
      atreyu187 likes this.
    15. atreyu187
      atreyu187

Yep tried it last night bud works like a charm
      BenMitnicK likes this.
    16. atreyu187
      atreyu187

Might want to remove your CID from this with the new Enso BETA testing going up now. @STLcardsWS
      Joel16 likes this.
    17. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Yea i seen it last night, i was speaking to yifan lu about the ConsoleID
      atreyu187 likes this.
    18. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Yea I saw your reply and while he thinks it's safe as the Vita can't swap CID's we have proven we can use a Vita CID to gain access on a banned CFW PS3 so this puts the OP's console in danger. I was gonna just remove it but the dev @BenMitnicK also has it on his blog which is directly linked to this hyperlink so it wouldn't do much good.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
    19. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      @BenMitnicK I have modified your image that had your CID showing, I really hope you do the same on your blog, also to everyone that grabbed this I noticed last night the OP has changed the icon and live area so it looks much "better' or different then actually Vitashell for those that grabbed this. So much so when I was grabbing it again last night to submit all my CID's for Enso testing I thought there was an error upon install as I didn't see the normal Vitashell icon which was sued at first. Love the new lok BTW and please keep up the amazing job.

Edit

I also uploaded it here in case of any issues. I know it wasn't your code that added imc0:/ support as @kozarovv posted the commit here. We tried compiling it to no avail. But I don't want this app lost as after hearing your horror story I freaked. It wasn't to undermine your upload or make you lose hits to your site. Although I don't see any ads so you probably don't run it for cash. Better safe then sorry.
      Last edited: May 17, 2017