Vita Developer fgsfdsfgs who brought the engine (open source variant) that powers the classic Half-Life, has dropped "Release 3" of vitaXash3D, this version comes various progressions. Some of those improvements will be seen performance, along with new features that brings touch support and also new mods included "out of box" come with this releas. The developer is also warning that saves from Release 1 and 2 may not be compatible with this version. All details of this update can be seen in the info provide:
Make sure you have followed the instructions correctly and read the README before asking anything.
WARNING: This release is probably incompatible with savegames from Release 1 and Release 2. If the game crashes after you die or when you load a save, delete your old saves.
- somewhat better performance;
- now uses dynamic game libraries instead of hardlinked HLSDK;
- basic touch support.
- If you already had Release 2 installed, redo only steps 2-4 from the installation tab (section).
- If you already had Release 1 installed with the full version of Half-Life before this, redo only steps 2-4 from the installation tab (section)
- If you already had Release 1 installed with Half-Life Uplink, remove the whole xash3d folder and reinstall everything from scratch.
Mods supported out-of-the-box: data.zip for this release includes game libraries for the following games/mods:
To install a game/mod, copy its data folder (bshift for Blue Shift, gearbox for Opposing Force) to ux0:/data/xash3d/ without replacing files.
Any Half-Life mods that don't use custom code (no cl_dlls or dlls in the mod folder, e.g. USS Darkstar) are also supported. Most other mods that do have custom code (e.g. Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic) require porting of their game libraries to the Vita, however some work fine without their DLLs (They Hunger 1, CAGED, Afraid of Monsters).
- Copy the valve directory from your Half-Life installation (preferably the Steam version, but WON or stuff like Day One probably works as well) to ux0:/data/xash3d/ on your Vita. If you don't have access to a Half-Life installation, you can use the data files from the free demo version of HL, Half-Life Uplink. In that case, just extract this archive to ux0:/ on your Vita.
- Extract data.zip to ux0:/ on your Vita. Replace everything if asked.
- Install the VPK.
- Run it. If you only have Uplink installed, make sure that you select Half-Life Uplink in the launcher.
vitaXash3D - A port of Xash3D-FWGS to the PSVita.Running
Warning This port is still a work in progress. Expect graphics and sound glitches, crashes and gameplay oddities.
- Copy the desired game directory (e.g. valve for Half-Life) to ux0:/data/xash3d/.
- Obtain appropriate game libraries (cl_dlls/client.suprx and dlls/server.suprx) and copy them to the game directory. See below for list of game libraries ported to the Vita.
- Copy the build/data directory to ux0:/ on your Vita. Replace everything if asked.
- Install the VPK obtained after building the port.
- Run it.
- The console log is saved to ux0:/data/xash3d/engine.log when debug mode is enabled.
- If you don't have any GoldSrc games, you can use the data files from Half-Life Uplink, HL's free demo version. To do so, just extract this archive to ux0:/ instead of doing step 1 from the guide above.
- Keep in mind that the game can hang for a long time when saving or autosaving (see issue #7), so don't kill it if it suddenly hangs when you enter a map or cross a checkpoint. You can disable autosaves in the "Game options" menu or with sv_autosave 0.
- Multiplayer seems to work, but it hasn't been tested much. You can connect to any Xash3D server as long as it is compatible with this port, meaning it has to be running the same mod as you on Xash3D-FWGS v0.19 or Xash3D build 3366.
- The mod launcher detects all directories you have inside ux0:/data/xash3d/, including valve, except directories that have names starting with a dot.
- Installing mods works the same as with PC Half-Life: you just have to copy the mod directory (e. g. darkstar) into ux0:/data/xash3d/. Keep in mind that you'll also need Vita ports of the mod's game libraries, if it has any. For available ports, see list below.
- If you're trying to run a mod that has no game libraries, Xash will try to fall back to the HL ones, so it's best that you have them installed at all times.
- If you don't have the full version of HL and are using the Uplink archive linked above, multiplayer and other mods won't work. If you have the full version of HL, you can also install Uplink as a mod by copying only the uplink folder from the same archive.
Available game libraries
- Half-Life (included in vitaXash3D releases after v2)
- Blue Shift (included in vitaXash3D releases after v2)
- Opposing Force (included in vitaXash3D releases after v2)
- Uncle Mike & co for Xash3D and FWGS team for Xash3D-FWGS and game DLL source code;
- Vita SDK Team for the Vita SDK;
- Rinnegatamante for vitaGL, vitaQuake/vitaQuakeII and general advice;
- ArkSource for the Live Area stuff;
- everyone on the #henkaku and #vitasdk IRC channels for help and/or testing.
Download & Source: github.com/fgsfdsfgs
PS Vita / Ps TV vitaXash3D [Release 3] - Touch Support / Improved Performance / Included Mods
By STLcardsWS on Mar 13, 2018 at 12:21 AM
PS4 Linux - Now Supporting SLIM & PRO Models w/ Video-OutWhen the Fail0verflow Team was developing their PS4-Linux port at the time we just had the original Ps4 models. As we have seen the PlayStation 4 mature with newer Ps4 Slim and Ps4 Pro models released, along with recent 4.xx exploits for those models. There was a need to add full support for those models and ps4 developer eeply has provided now provided those models with Video-Out Support, so that should make things a bit easier to use. Continue reading
PS3 PKG Ripper v1.4.2 - Critical Bug Fixed (All user's are advise to update older builds)After a critical bug was unfortunately found by some user's of this popular utility that makes quick work of extracting your PKG files the dev arrives with a fix. The bug would occur if the process of extracting was aborted and would delete the output directory, depending on the output directory it could erase and cause the user's a giant headache. Developer Rudi Rastelli acknowledge the issue and took care of it with this update of version 1.4.2. Anyone using Any previous versions of this utility are advised to update, this will ensure you do not experience this bug that could potentially wipe your drive or important folders clean.
REBUG Lite CFW updated to v4.82.2 (COBRA 7.55 w/ Homebrew Blocker)Since @DeViL303 and @pink1 showed us their very useful "HAN Toolbox" for your PS3, @Joonie and others from the Rebug Team updated their Custom Firmware to REBUG Lite v4.82.2 (w/ COBRA 7.55) , not only with some important changes and fixes, but also supporting the HAN Toolbox on-the-fly.
(UPDATE : Details about HAN Toolbox inclusion (from Joonie / DeViL303 >>>> see post(s) <<<<<)Continue reading
Share This Page
Latest: Troy McGrath, Mar 22, 2018 at 6:14 AM
Latest: autior, Mar 22, 2018 at 6:11 AM
Latest: ShaolinAssassin, Mar 22, 2018 at 6:06 AM
Latest: zumbae, Mar 22, 2018 at 6:04 AM
Latest: nCadeRegal, Mar 22, 2018 at 5:32 AM
Latest: Rudi Rastelli, Mar 22, 2018 at 5:20 AM
Latest: Sakimotor, Mar 22, 2018 at 4:42 AM
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: