Vita Developer fgsfdsfgs who brought the engine (open source variant) that powers the classic Half-Life, has dropped "Release 3" of vitaXash3D, this version comes various progressions. Some of those improvements will be seen performance, along with new features that brings touch support and also new mods included "out of box" come with this releas. The developer is also warning that saves from Release 1 and 2 may not be compatible with this version. All details of this update can be seen in the info provide:
Make sure you have followed the instructions correctly and read the README before asking anything.
WARNING: This release is probably incompatible with savegames from Release 1 and Release 2. If the game crashes after you die or when you load a save, delete your old saves.
- somewhat better performance;
- now uses dynamic game libraries instead of hardlinked HLSDK;
- basic touch support.
- If you already had Release 2 installed, redo only steps 2-4 from the installation tab (section).
- If you already had Release 1 installed with the full version of Half-Life before this, redo only steps 2-4 from the installation tab (section)
- If you already had Release 1 installed with Half-Life Uplink, remove the whole xash3d folder and reinstall everything from scratch.
Mods supported out-of-the-box: data.zip for this release includes game libraries for the following games/mods:
To install a game/mod, copy its data folder (bshift for Blue Shift, gearbox for Opposing Force) to ux0:/data/xash3d/ without replacing files.
Any Half-Life mods that don't use custom code (no cl_dlls or dlls in the mod folder, e.g. USS Darkstar) are also supported. Most other mods that do have custom code (e.g. Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic) require porting of their game libraries to the Vita, however some work fine without their DLLs (They Hunger 1, CAGED, Afraid of Monsters).
- Copy the valve directory from your Half-Life installation (preferably the Steam version, but WON or stuff like Day One probably works as well) to ux0:/data/xash3d/ on your Vita. If you don't have access to a Half-Life installation, you can use the data files from the free demo version of HL, Half-Life Uplink. In that case, just extract this archive to ux0:/ on your Vita.
- Extract data.zip to ux0:/ on your Vita. Replace everything if asked.
- Install the VPK.
- Run it. If you only have Uplink installed, make sure that you select Half-Life Uplink in the launcher.
vitaXash3D - A port of Xash3D-FWGS to the PSVita.Running
Warning This port is still a work in progress. Expect graphics and sound glitches, crashes and gameplay oddities.
- Copy the desired game directory (e.g. valve for Half-Life) to ux0:/data/xash3d/.
- Obtain appropriate game libraries (cl_dlls/client.suprx and dlls/server.suprx) and copy them to the game directory. See below for list of game libraries ported to the Vita.
- Copy the build/data directory to ux0:/ on your Vita. Replace everything if asked.
- Install the VPK obtained after building the port.
- Run it.
- The console log is saved to ux0:/data/xash3d/engine.log when debug mode is enabled.
- If you don't have any GoldSrc games, you can use the data files from Half-Life Uplink, HL's free demo version. To do so, just extract this archive to ux0:/ instead of doing step 1 from the guide above.
- Keep in mind that the game can hang for a long time when saving or autosaving (see issue #7), so don't kill it if it suddenly hangs when you enter a map or cross a checkpoint. You can disable autosaves in the "Game options" menu or with sv_autosave 0.
- Multiplayer seems to work, but it hasn't been tested much. You can connect to any Xash3D server as long as it is compatible with this port, meaning it has to be running the same mod as you on Xash3D-FWGS v0.19 or Xash3D build 3366.
- The mod launcher detects all directories you have inside ux0:/data/xash3d/, including valve, except directories that have names starting with a dot.
- Installing mods works the same as with PC Half-Life: you just have to copy the mod directory (e. g. darkstar) into ux0:/data/xash3d/. Keep in mind that you'll also need Vita ports of the mod's game libraries, if it has any. For available ports, see list below.
- If you're trying to run a mod that has no game libraries, Xash will try to fall back to the HL ones, so it's best that you have them installed at all times.
- If you don't have the full version of HL and are using the Uplink archive linked above, multiplayer and other mods won't work. If you have the full version of HL, you can also install Uplink as a mod by copying only the uplink folder from the same archive.
Available game libraries
- Half-Life (included in vitaXash3D releases after v2)
- Blue Shift (included in vitaXash3D releases after v2)
- Opposing Force (included in vitaXash3D releases after v2)
- Uncle Mike & co for Xash3D and FWGS team for Xash3D-FWGS and game DLL source code;
- Vita SDK Team for the Vita SDK;
- Rinnegatamante for vitaGL, vitaQuake/vitaQuakeII and general advice;
- ArkSource for the Live Area stuff;
- everyone on the #henkaku and #vitasdk IRC channels for help and/or testing.
Download & Source: github.com/fgsfdsfgs
PS VITA / PS TV vitaXash3D [Release 3] - Touch Support / Improved Performance / Included Mods
By STLcardsWS on Mar 13, 2018 at 12:21 AM
Exploiting PS4 Video Apps (to run unsign code) -- presentation coming (Dec. 28) by m0rph3us1987Developer m0rph3us1987 will be giving a talk "at #35c3 on the Chaos West stage. on December 28 and the dev will be discussing exploiting the official PS4 Video Apps. This should be a very interesting topic as the dev has stated "I'll show you how to exploit them to run your own unsigned code (regardless of the firmware version installed)" already known for his work with one of the few PS4 Homebrew's (PS4NES) and his work on the "holy grail HEN" looks to elevate the PS4 with something exciting. Will this be the event the PS4 needs, This will certainly be something to pay attention to as we get closer to the 28th later this month and i think we need all may need to say thank you to m0rph3us1987's wife Continue reading
Streets of Rage (Mod) released for PS4 by Markus95Developer @Markus95 who we know from his various projects such as Resident Evil Operation (PS3-Paintown Mod), DragonBall (PS3 - Paintown Mod & Resident Evil Code Vita to name a few projects, has now taken his talents to the PS4 and brought his along Streets of Rage MOD to an exploited PS4 Console. Adding a much needed virtual entry into the PS4 Homebrew library collection . This beat-em up style homebrew game can be ran on either 4.05 / 4.55 / 4.74 or 5.05 firmware (w/ active exploit) and of course pays homage to classic Streets of Rage series. If you had an exploited Wii / Wii U / Switch / PSP / PS Vita or a PS3 you may recall this release of this game for those platforms by @Markus95Continue reading
OpenGL ES implementation on the PS4 (Write-Up) provided by flatzPS4 homebrew development while at a sluggish pace since the PS4 was first exploited (in 1.76) does have some developer's that keep building the foundation for the scene. Developer flatz has provided and shared so many accomplishments on various devices, but the developer is one of the talented PS4 devs that is doing their part and then some to move the scene forward. In my opinion i still believe the ps4 console needs a current exploit as explained here to reach that next level and draw in more developer's and truly be a great platform for homebrew. However one of the busiest developer is doing alot following the previous coverage of OpenGL and C# code support developer flatz has now released a new Write-Up detailing the OpenGL ES implementation on the PS4. This is no doubt a good things for development of homebrew and the PS4 scene in general, but the question is how many developer are out there on the platform that will make good use of it with a new project..Obvious this is a great step forward..Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: