We seen a Homebrew Media Player finally appear on the VITA / PSTV but another really impressive project this time around by developer fgsfds called vitaXash3D has popped up this past week as well, In the recent months we have seen vitaQuake use Hardware-Accelerated rendering (VitaGL) which has greatly improved the graphical experience and soon to be vitaQuake 2 (details), but now a new engine has arrived as it appears on the Vita for the first time The Open Source Engine (Xash3d-FWGS Engine) that aims to improve the original GoldSrc Engine, which is the engine that powers those iconic Retro Shooters Half-Life & Counter-Stike, unfortunately at this time Counter-Strike is not supported with this port, but perhaps that changes in the future... However Half-Life (if you own the game) & many mods are performing very well on your PS Vita / PlayStation TV (Vita TV), so this is really cool project and a great shooter that was really ahead of its time when it originally was released. Any Half-Life Fans here at psx-place, if not and are a fan of first person shooters you have to check this out it pioneered many elements still used today games, then the many mods really expand the playablity.
Video by YouTuber Stranno
This is a Vita port of the Xash3D-FWGS engine, which is a FOSS recreation of the GoldSrc engine on which games like Half-Life and Counter-Strike run. Currently the port only supports Half-Life, custom Half-Life maps and mods that don't have custom game code (this means complex mods like Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, Opposing Force and Blue Shift don't work correctly yet).
- Hardware-accelerated rendering at native resolution via vitaGL;
- Multiplayer, both over LAN and online (untested);
- Mod support via integrated launcher (only works with mods that don't need custom game DLLs, like USS Darkstar);
- Runs most versions of Half-Life 1, including Steam, WON and Uplink versions.
- Download >>> (latest release):
- If you have a previous release of vitaXash3D installed with the full version of Half-Life, download the new data.zip (from latest release) and extract it to ux0:/ again, replacing everything.
- If you have Release 1 installed with Uplink, you'll have to delete the xash3d folder and reinstall from scratch.
- Install the VPK.
- If you have a full version of Half-Life installed, copy the valve directory from it to ux0:/data/xash3d on your Vita.
If you don't have a copy of Half-Life, download this archive containing the Half-Life Uplink demo and extract it to ux0:/.
- Extract data.zip to ux0:/. Replace everything if prompted.
- LEFT ANALOG: move player
- RIGHT ANALOG: move camera
- LTRIGGER: primary fire when in game, turn on onscreen keyboard when in console
- RTRIGGER: secondary fire
- CROSS: use, select menu option
- SQUARE: reload
- CIRCLE: jump
- TRIANGLE: duck
- LEFT, RIGHT: change weapon
- UP: last used weapon
- DOWN: flashlight
- START: open/close menu
- SELECT: open/close console (only works in-game)
Controls can be customized in the options menu.
- The integrated mod selector detects all folders you have inside ux0:/data/xash3d as mods and lists them for selection.
- To install a mod, just copy its folder (e. g. darkstar for USS Darkstar) to ux0:/data/xash3d, just like you would for PC Half-Life.
Read this before asking questions:
- The port is still very much a work in progress. Performance is subpar and there are numerous issues I've yet to fix. FPS is usually between 15 and 60, depending on the amount of stuff onscreen.
- To enable debugging features and ability to open console in the menu, run the game in debug mode by pressing TRIANGLE instead of CROSS in the mod launcher. This will also write the console log to ux0:/data/xash3d/engine.log.
- If you're having trouble aiming, try turning on Autoaim in Configuration -> Controls -> Adv controls and/or lowering analog sensitivity for Pitch and Yaw in Configuration -> Gamepad. You can also invert any axis on either analog in the same menu by ticking the appropriate Invert checkbox. Pitch and yaw seem to be swapped for some reason, though.
- Saving takes a really long time, sometimes up to two minutes, loading is also slow, but not as much. This is a known issue and I'm working on fixing it. When the game hangs at a random point or when you enter a new map, it's probably autosaving, so wait until it finishes. If you want, you can disable autosaves in Configuration -> Game options.
- Multiplayer works with any Xash3D server as long as it's compatible with this port, meaning it has to be running vanilla Half-Life on either Xash3D-FWGS v0.19 or Xash3D build 3366, otherwise it will probably crash during connection. Hosting a server on your Vita and joining it also should work, at least over LAN.
- The game will download any maps and resources you don't have when you join a server automatically, as long as you enable Allow download in Configuration -> Game options.
- Playing multiplayer and running other mods requires the full version of Half-Life.
- You can install Uplink as a mod alongside the full version by copying just the uplink folder from the Uplink archive linked above.
- If your question is not answered in this section, check the README and the issues list on Github first.
- Uncle Mike & co for Xash3D and FWGS team for Xash3D-FWGS;
- Vita SDK Team for the Vita SDK;
- Rinnegatamante for vitaGL, vitaQuake/vitaQuakeII and general advice;
- ArkSource for the Live Area stuff;
- everyone on the #henkaku and #vitasdk IRC channels for help and/or testing.
Latest Download @: github.com/fgsfdsfgs/vitaXash3D/releases
Source Code: github.com/fgsfdsfgs/vitaXash3D
Release Thread/Discussion: wololo.net
PS Vita / Ps TV vitaXash3D - Run Half-Life on Vita (port of Xcash3d-FWGS Engine)
By STLcardsWS on Mar 3, 2018 at 10:21 PM
[TUTORIAL] Unlock up to 8% extra total space on the PS3 internal hard driveNeed some extra space on your internal PS3 HDD, if so then perhaps @einsteinx2 may have a genius method for unlocking upto 8% of space on your Internal HDD, while the space is more then likely allocated for performance reasons by Sony (use this guide at your own risk), some of this saved space could be considered overkill, as the creator of this method makes a valid point that some of this saved space on larger HDDs is more then some of the early model PS3 complete HDD size, so its likely some of that space allocation is a bit overkill on the part of Sony. einsteinx21 has provided a great tutorial found below explaining in detail about this recent discovery
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - August 2018 Progress Report --- Milestone UpdateMaybe you was already wondering. Today we already have the 21st of September and there is still no Progress Report from August available? But don't worry, the great Team behind RPCS3 didn't forget to keep you updated. Actually, the reason is very simple why they kept you uninformed which was even worth to wait. Not only that a lot of AAA Game Titles saw huge improvements in playability, they also crossed multiple new milestones. RPCS3 now supports over 1000 (in words: "ONE THOUSAND") Game Titles which are fully playbale! Yes you read it right. How amazing is that? And it's getting even better. When we look into the same Month's Progress Report from last year, RPCS3 supported roughly 400 Game Titles fully playable, which was very good as well back in that day. But getting more than double of Game Titles fully playable in only 12 months shows how strong this Emulator and it's Developers behind this Project are. So before you need to wait any longer because of this introduction, here are the updates.Continue reading
OrbisMAN [BETA] - PS4 Utility Homebrew by LightningModsThe PlayStation 4 Homebrew Community has been a little dry , but LigthingMods has stopped by the forum today to release a new PS4 homebrew Utility that is in the BETA phase. The application that runs on exploited 4.55 / 5.05 ps4 firmware has been dubbed "OrbisMAN". The application can perform a variety of abilities and task, some of the highlights include a functional Toolbox (in a XMB User-Interface) , also background FTP (while in the toolbox) for transferring your files to your PS4 and PC. All the functionality has been laid out in the release docs below, also the full changelogs of the testing phase have all been included in the details provided by the dev below as well:
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: