We seen a Homebrew Media Player finally appear on the VITA / PSTV but another really impressive project this time around by developer fgsfds called vitaXash3D has popped up this past week as well, In the recent months we have seen vitaQuake use Hardware-Accelerated rendering (VitaGL) which has greatly improved the graphical experience and soon to be vitaQuake 2 (details), but now a new engine has arrived as it appears on the Vita for the first time The Open Source Engine (Xash3d-FWGS Engine) that aims to improve the original GoldSrc Engine, which is the engine that powers those iconic Retro Shooters Half-Life & Counter-Stike, unfortunately at this time Counter-Strike is not supported with this port, but perhaps that changes in the future... However Half-Life (if you own the game) & many mods are performing very well on your PS Vita / PlayStation TV (Vita TV), so this is really cool project and a great shooter that was really ahead of its time when it originally was released. Any Half-Life Fans here at psx-place, if not and are a fan of first person shooters you have to check this out it pioneered many elements still used today games, then the many mods really expand the playablity.
Video by YouTuber Stranno
This is a Vita port of the Xash3D-FWGS engine, which is a FOSS recreation of the GoldSrc engine on which games like Half-Life and Counter-Strike run. Currently the port only supports Half-Life, custom Half-Life maps and mods that don't have custom game code (this means complex mods like Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, Opposing Force and Blue Shift don't work correctly yet).
- Hardware-accelerated rendering at native resolution via vitaGL;
- Multiplayer, both over LAN and online (untested);
- Mod support via integrated launcher (only works with mods that don't need custom game DLLs, like USS Darkstar);
- Runs most versions of Half-Life 1, including Steam, WON and Uplink versions.
- Download >>> (latest release):
- If you have a previous release of vitaXash3D installed with the full version of Half-Life, download the new data.zip (from latest release) and extract it to ux0:/ again, replacing everything.
- If you have Release 1 installed with Uplink, you'll have to delete the xash3d folder and reinstall from scratch.
- Install the VPK.
- If you have a full version of Half-Life installed, copy the valve directory from it to ux0:/data/xash3d on your Vita.
If you don't have a copy of Half-Life, download this archive containing the Half-Life Uplink demo and extract it to ux0:/.
- Extract data.zip to ux0:/. Replace everything if prompted.
- LEFT ANALOG: move player
- RIGHT ANALOG: move camera
- LTRIGGER: primary fire when in game, turn on onscreen keyboard when in console
- RTRIGGER: secondary fire
- CROSS: use, select menu option
- SQUARE: reload
- CIRCLE: jump
- TRIANGLE: duck
- LEFT, RIGHT: change weapon
- UP: last used weapon
- DOWN: flashlight
- START: open/close menu
- SELECT: open/close console (only works in-game)
Controls can be customized in the options menu.
- The integrated mod selector detects all folders you have inside ux0:/data/xash3d as mods and lists them for selection.
- To install a mod, just copy its folder (e. g. darkstar for USS Darkstar) to ux0:/data/xash3d, just like you would for PC Half-Life.
Read this before asking questions:
- The port is still very much a work in progress. Performance is subpar and there are numerous issues I've yet to fix. FPS is usually between 15 and 60, depending on the amount of stuff onscreen.
- To enable debugging features and ability to open console in the menu, run the game in debug mode by pressing TRIANGLE instead of CROSS in the mod launcher. This will also write the console log to ux0:/data/xash3d/engine.log.
- If you're having trouble aiming, try turning on Autoaim in Configuration -> Controls -> Adv controls and/or lowering analog sensitivity for Pitch and Yaw in Configuration -> Gamepad. You can also invert any axis on either analog in the same menu by ticking the appropriate Invert checkbox. Pitch and yaw seem to be swapped for some reason, though.
- Saving takes a really long time, sometimes up to two minutes, loading is also slow, but not as much. This is a known issue and I'm working on fixing it. When the game hangs at a random point or when you enter a new map, it's probably autosaving, so wait until it finishes. If you want, you can disable autosaves in Configuration -> Game options.
- Multiplayer works with any Xash3D server as long as it's compatible with this port, meaning it has to be running vanilla Half-Life on either Xash3D-FWGS v0.19 or Xash3D build 3366, otherwise it will probably crash during connection. Hosting a server on your Vita and joining it also should work, at least over LAN.
- The game will download any maps and resources you don't have when you join a server automatically, as long as you enable Allow download in Configuration -> Game options.
- Playing multiplayer and running other mods requires the full version of Half-Life.
- You can install Uplink as a mod alongside the full version by copying just the uplink folder from the Uplink archive linked above.
- If your question is not answered in this section, check the README and the issues list on Github first.
- Uncle Mike & co for Xash3D and FWGS team for Xash3D-FWGS;
- Vita SDK Team for the Vita SDK;
- Rinnegatamante for vitaGL, vitaQuake/vitaQuakeII and general advice;
- ArkSource for the Live Area stuff;
- everyone on the #henkaku and #vitasdk IRC channels for help and/or testing.
Latest Download @: github.com/fgsfdsfgs/vitaXash3D/releases
Source Code: github.com/fgsfdsfgs/vitaXash3D
Release Thread/Discussion: wololo.net
PS Vita / Ps TV vitaXash3D - Run Half-Life on Vita (port of Xcash3d-FWGS Engine)
By STLcardsWS on Mar 3, 2018 at 10:21 PM
New Vita Jailbreak coming in July 2018 (3.65-3.68 HENkaku / 3.65 Enso) from TheFlowAs the PS Vita Community knows hacker/developer TheFlow had discovered a new vulnerability for jailbreaking the PS Vita / PlayStation TV (Vita TV). The developer had planned for a much later releases since the Vita seems to be nearing the end of its life cycle and since official support could cease down the road. The idea being it was better to hold on to this exploit saving it until Sony officially pulled the plug on the device(s). However, since that time another exploit was found and thus this exploit (the first one) has moved up the release date to a new date of >> July 1 2018.
With firmware's 3.65-.3.68 there will be a new window to install the HENkaku hack which is a HEN (Homebrew Enabler), But if your on 3.65 firmware you can even take it a step farther by having the ability to install Enso (the CFW framework), With this soon to be released method TheFlow is saying you will need a Memory Card(see update), as no other storage medium including the system's internal storage will not work.Continue reading
PKGLAUNCHER (webMAN MOD Addon) now supporting additional RetroArch-libretro cores with new update
Developer @aldostools has supplied an update to one of the add-on's for webMAN MOD plugin for PS3 (CFW) user's. The PKGLAUNCHER feature which debuted on the project in wMM v1.45.04 allows for launching of RetroArch Roms from the XMB via the pkglauncher tool. With RetroArch making changes to cores names and new cores being supported on the PS3, developer Aldostools decided an update was needed and thus this new build has been rolled out for webMAN MOD user's. This is currently labeled as a test build so if you experience any issues be sure to drop a line in the comments below.Continue reading
reactPSPLUS Payload - ReActivate PS Plus Games on PS4 5.05 (Release by Zer0xFF)So you have your PS Plus Subscription and well you can't use the games the service offer's because your on firmware 5.05 (exploited PS4 firmware)?. Well, there is now great news there as a solution arises thanks to Zer0xFF as the developer discovered a way to "reset" the timer on the content by tricking the clock by using the new reactPSPLUS payload. The PS Plus subscription requires you to check into PSN from time to time and with an exploited system that is currently not possible. So, this becomes a great solution to regain the goodies from your subscription to PS Plus. Sony states that long as you have an active PS Plus Subscription you will not lose access to your game collection, which as we know is not 100% factual. What they fail to mention is that if you do not update your console to latest firmware and agree to the ever changing Terms of Service's you also lose access to the content EVEN if you are paying for the service. So, hacks like this give power back to the honest user's, Who just enjoy homebrew and system hacks on the hardware they purchased and as well as the content they purchased through various services.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
Colecovision Emulator OPL ready ISO (version 2.0) -UniqueUserName