PS3 [WARNINGI] PS3 Firmware 4.82 Appears to be Live - Likely to close 4.81 exploit (PS3Xploit)

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Nov 13, 2017.

By STLcardsWS on Nov 13, 2017 at 9:43 PM
  1. 6,195
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

UPDATE >>>>: Its appears that 4.82 DID NOT close the PS3Xploit.

It appears Sony has released a system update to Firmware 4.82 for the PS3, which is likely to close and patch the recent 4.81 exploit (PS3Xploit) as expected, The update came a bit quicker then many (including myself) expected, but you just never know with these type of things. If you planned to take advantage of the PS3Xploit hacks (Software Downgrader / Possible HEN (Homebrew Enabler) on Super Slims) DO NOT UPDATE TO THIS NEW OFFICIAL FIRMWARE 4.82, Stay on Firmware 4.81. As this firmware is investigated by scene developer's and also as Sony releases official details will be posted/updated in this article.​

Current CFW user's be sure to keep this thread in your bookmarks, As updated CFW ad new homebrew are released to support 4.82, we will add in our list that you can find >>> here <<<

PS3_OFW.png

• Official Details:
      • Sony has not released and details or release notes yet
      • This system software update improves the quality of the system performance.

Unofficial Details:
      • Patched PS3Xploi (unconfirmed) UPDATE: PS3Xploit was not patched,

Source: twitter.com/PS3FWBot/

Update the PS3Xploit exploit was not patched, thus did not close the exploit. It seemed a bit fast for Sony to patch to quickly, was just coincidence that Sony had a planned update in the works, but I WOULD EXPECT SONY TO PATCH THIS EXPLOIT in the coming weeks.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017 at 1:21 PM
    Amaan Khan, Naut, ed89 and 2 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Nov 13, 2017.

1. pinky
      pinky
      my ps3 is on the verge of blowing up. ...need more stability...
    2. Lordjontan
      Lordjontan
      who need a exploit when we can have tons of stability
      esc0rtd3w, RebugUsr and No0bZiLLa like this.
    3. sandungas
      sandungas
      Agreed, my bet was it was going to be released in 2 weeks, as you said

But it looks the "sleeping dragon" was not so asleep
      esc0rtd3w and No0bZiLLa like this.
    4. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Was surprised, but i am sure they wanted to get ahead of the project. Leak messed up more then it would of ever gave user's ..
      esc0rtd3w likes this.
    5. sandungas
      sandungas
      Yes, and all this happened in a weekend, there are many new pages that have not advised about the fact that a new official firmware release was highly probable to happen
      Mostly because are web pages that does not update the frontpage at weekends
      And other pages where they did not give the importance it had so has been published "just" as a IDPS dumper, but the fact is the webkit exploit/s is a door wide open to hack all PS3 models
      esc0rtd3w likes this.
    6. pinky
      pinky
      whoever leaked that stuff was a grade A douche. someone on temp was trying to post the leaked files. he seemed very proud of himself too. I hope that member was banned.
      kineticUk and esc0rtd3w like this.
    7. ItsCosmicHD
      ItsCosmicHD
      so what you guys think is going to happen now?
    8. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Alot of people are not using their PS3's the same as they did before and some stay powered off more often so if that apsect compared to 1 year, 2 ,3, 4, years ago a quick update like this is less impactul. Some will miss the boat as it was so quick.but overall the update is not as impactful these days.
      esc0rtd3w likes this.
    9. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Not much, Same as before .. This was expected, (but just a week or two later)

Only issues with this update is that some people may know of the exploit whomay of wanted to use it and they update to 4.82 before knowing not to.

Once the leak happened of some of the files, Sony had enough to patch. The team wanted to be finished and then released

No doubt a dumb move, but they usually are and serve no purpose.

HMM can we guess the changelog? Let's review the past

Will this be quality & system performance or just one.

New for 4.81
      This system software update improves the quality of the system performance.
      New for 4.80
      This system software update improves system performance.

4.81 still labeled as the latest: (but it not been LIVE long and some regions might not be yet)
      https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps3/
      Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
      esc0rtd3w and Mozzy5837 like this.
    10. sandungas
      sandungas
      Something like this ?

New for 4.82
      This system software update improves the reliability of the quality of the system performance.
      New for 4.81
      This system software update improves the quality of the system performance.
      New for 4.80
      This system software update improves system performance.
      Mozzy5837 and STLcardsWS like this.
    11. pinky
      pinky
      this reminds me of the 3ds. the last eight or nine updates have been to patch exploits. now there's a new hack that can't be patched without a hardware revision..lol
    12. playerkp420
      playerkp420
      Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    13. Joonie
      Joonie
      Might as well post your CFW link already? lol
    14. Sfekke
      Sfekke
      An exploit like that would be ideal for the PS3.
      Sony can finally stop stabilizing our systems then hahah :)
      esc0rtd3w likes this.
    15. Fuzion9
      Fuzion9
      My ps3 is wobbling all over the place..........more stability please Sony :mushroom::tongue new::ambivalence:
      esc0rtd3w and Sfekke like this.
    16. Zoilus
      Zoilus

New for 4.82

"This system software update improves the reliability of the quality of the system performance, so now you can make sweet love to it without fear of developing that embarrassing rash that was common in previous versions. You can even take it home to meet your parents and family over the holidays and not worry about it sleeping with your sister"

wow..... thanks sony

[​IMG]
      ed89, esc0rtd3w, kineticUk and 2 others like this.
    17. Mozzy5837
      Mozzy5837
      Lol fony have no respect, I've only just got there decr 1000a [email protected] I prey your gonna hook us decr users up with your cfw bro ;)
    18. Checcolino80
      Checcolino80
      That is why I would like to thank the genius who published the exploit without the permission of the authors :mad new::mad new::mad new:
      Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
      sandungas and esc0rtd3w like this.
    19. teco_rodrigues
      teco_rodrigues
      Internet justice will came to the leaker. Real soon.