PS4 Watch out for these pre-owned discs at GameStop...

Discussion in 'General PS4 Discussion.' started by Zazenora, Jan 14, 2019.

1. 298
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    I finally decided to make a trip to my local GameStop today, and bought a couple RPG's that I've been wanting to play for some time now. After buying Fallout 4 on the way home, I noticed that the disc had this weird sticker on it with QR codes. I started to worry thinking it was a shitty bootleg. The bottom of the disc was scratched so bad that I automatically assumed that there was no way in hell this would even load up.
    Sure enough I was right, I cleaned it up a bit and after a couple attempts managed to get it to the installation screen, but couldn't get beyond 3%.
    I started digging around online and found that discs containing these QR Stickers:
    fallout4.png
    are originally from Red Box, a video game rental company that rents games out of vending machines and by mail. Honestly I'm surprised that GameStop would even buy games like this...

The moral of this story is, don't buy pre-owned discs with these stickers on them. People are paying a couple of dollars for expensive games that are usually already scratched up pretty harshly, and taking them to GameStop to resell them and make a profit. I doubt most of these games are even fully paid for before turning them in either...

I just wanted to share this lesson I learned today, hopefully to help raise some awareness to these kinds of discs. I'll be able to take this in and replace it in a couple days, but it's a little out of the way to go all the way back to the nearest GameStop just to replace this one game, after paying for my ride it'd been just as much if I had bought this game brand new...

ntodek and Sheila Daniels like this.
  2. 260
    Yugonibblit

Yugonibblit PSX-Place Supporter

Mechanic
    sorry but i rest my case on sh.tstop lol, sorry about your bad luck i feel ya

Zazenora likes this.
  3. 10
    Sheila Daniels

Sheila Daniels Forum Noob

Are you still playing this game on the PS 4? Well, it happens always that I waste my PS points in the TV shows and songs.

4. 298
    Zazenora

Zazenora Member

Amateur Game Developer
    Home Page:
    @Sheila Daniels
    I came onto the PS4 scene very late and have a lot of catching up to do lol..
    I'm just now making my first playthrough on Fallout 4
    It's been hard, but I've managed to keep from spoiling any current-gen game by simply not looking at anything related to games this whole time lol. Aside from hearing about games coming out, I've been completely in the dark up til recently. It was worth it though :D

5. 10
    Sheila Daniels

Sheila Daniels Forum Noob

That's great but soon you will get it.:smile new:

Zazenora likes this.