PS3 webMAN 1.45n - With new NTFS Support by deank

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Jan 21, 2017.

By STLcardsWS on Jan 21, 2017 at 10:42 AM
  1. 5,803
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

If you have been keeping a look on this thread: libntfs_ext library compilation with cellsdk in the psx-place.com forums you will have enjoyed some great development conversations as developers worked with deank together taking this idea and putting it to practice. With this update there is no longer a need for prepNTFS v1.0 (an app by deank which, in the past, provided webMAN with NTFS Support (see update tab for extra details on prepNTFS)), you will have the ability to access your NTFS drives via FTP with upto 2 drives (4 partitions) connected to the your CFW enabled PS3. Checkout all the details in this latest update coming from deank.

webMAN_deank_psxplace_com.jpg

• I think webMAN 1.45n is ready for official release with ntfs support.

Thanks to @freddy38510/@Zar/@bguerville for the good job with libntfs_ext cellsdk changes, @aldostools for the information about the vsh exported libraries, @Joonie and @bguerville for the tests. Hopefully still there are users who use webMAN over the feature-rich webMAN MOD. :)

• Added access to ntfs drives via FTP
      • Up to 2 drives x 4 partitions supported (/dev_ntfs00 to /dev_ntfs70)
      • No need for external prepNTFS (ntfs drives are scanned at system startup or if later attached - when refresh html/xml buttons are pressed or when FTP session is created)

Source can be compiled with or without NTFS support by defining USE_NTFS in main.c and changing the Makefile.

Dean

• Core Features of webMAN (aka webMAN (official) , webMAN Vanilla)
      • FTP server with remote control functions (shutdown/restart)
      • WWW server with remote control functions (scroll down for the complete list of shortcuts)
      • Support for loading and browsing of [local] PS3 games in ISO and folder format, DVD videos in ISO format, Blu-ray movies in ISO format, PS1/PS2/PSP games in ISO format with cover display
      • NETISO support for network loading and browsing of PS3 games in ISO and folder format, DVD videos in ISO format, Blu-ray movies in ISO format, PS1 and PSP games
      • NTFS support for PS3 and PS1 games in ISO format, Blu-ray movies in ISO format and DVD Video in ISO format
      • Dynamic Fan Control and in-game temperature monitoring
      • PAD shortcuts (*open include/combos.h for a complete list of shortcuts)
      • Keep USB device awake
      • Mount last game or AUTOBOOT.ISO to system startup
      • NEW NTFS Drive Support (no need for prepNTFS as of v1.45n)

• I would like to clarify that "No need for external prepNTFS" refers to prepNTFS 1.0. prepNTFS 1.17 has some extra features that are not currently supported by the internal prepNTFS in webMAN 1.45n:
      • Support for multipart ISOs (*.ISO.0....n) on NTFS
      • Creation of fake ISO (.ntfs[BDFILE]) for video and pkg files stored on ntfs
      • Patch ISO for lower CFW (e.g. games that require 4.80 on 4.75)

Downloads:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Jan 21, 2017.

1. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Nice progress and great update !!!!

Also deank has mentioned he might add this to multiMAN as well.
      WTF-IGO, citra mulia, T.A.U and 5 others like this.
    2. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Nice work guys! Now waiting for fully featured mM NTFS support. :)
      WTF-IGO, ed89, johtaja and 2 others like this.
    3. Drag
      Drag
      Thank you @deank and all employees
      johtaja, DeViL303 and deank like this.
    4. reiyu
      reiyu
      @deank does this mean dev_usb00x/GAMES on NTFS is supported now?
    5. bguerville
      bguerville
      It would actually be great to have as much feedback as possible on this new ntfs feature in a plugin.
      We would need to know how stable this release is, given the plugin constraints. Only your feedback can help us achieve that.
      If the xmb freezes, any other impact at all, please report...
      WTF-IGO, Assassins and kozarovv like this.
    6. bguerville
      bguerville
      No.
      What you are asking for requires changes to more than just webman, namely rawseciso.sprx to begin with.
      This new webMAN feature adds ntfs support to ftp & games listing. It means that prepntfs isn't needed as a separate self anymore, webman can just list the ntfs games without it. Something I have dreamt of for a long time actually. Dreams come true... Lol

I already asked @deank's opinion on bringing ntfs support to rawseciso.sprx but he doesn't believe it really feasible due to constraints. As a result there is no plan to add JB folder game support on ntfs at the moment. The idea might be revisited at a later stage however JB games is a feature of the past so is it worth bothering...?
      Here is what deank said about it:
      There's also the case of netiso.sprx I suppose... Same constraints though...
      Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
      veggav, WTF-IGO, reiyu and 3 others like this.
    7. aldostools
      aldostools
      I would like to clarify that "No need for external prepNTFS" refers to prepNTFS 1.0.

prepNTFS 1.17 has some extra features that are not currently supported by the internal prepNTFS in webMAN 1.45n:
      - Support for multipart ISOs (*.ISO.0....n) on NTFS
      - Creation of fake ISO (.ntfs[BDFILE]) for video and pkg files stored on ntfs
      - Patch ISO for lower CFW (e.g. games that require 4.80 on 4.75)
      Redemp, WTF-IGO, citra mulia and 4 others like this.
    8. bguerville
      bguerville
      I should have mentioned that.
      Of course. I was only talking about deank's webman & prepntfs 1.10.
      WTF-IGO and STLcardsWS like this.
    9. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Added tab in article and modded intro slighty
    10. atreyu187
      atreyu187
    11. aldostools
      aldostools
      IDK... Currently I'm having some issues integrating the new code from webMAN 1.45 into wMM and very limited time lately.

If any dev want to take the challenge... the source code of both projects are available ;)
    12. bguerville
      bguerville
      Do you want me to give it a go Aldo?
      I know you have been busy lately & you already have the usual support to do.. I happen to have a few days off this week so I should be able to dedicate enough time to it.
      I will fork your repo & create pull requests for you to approve?
      I just hope that wMM can take all this extra stuff without having problems with memory...
      @habib said that increasing vsh heap size should not be a problem so we still have that option if it's required...
      Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    13. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Well I don't use NTFS so I am fine was more curiosity then anything.
    14. deank
      deank
      @aldostools: I tried to make things a bit easier. If you wish - redownload webMAN_1.45.zip

1) The ntfs is now included as separate library (libntfs_prx.a) - no need to compile it each time
      2) You will have to use the provided lib.c for the vsh exported functions

The only thing needed in your main.c would be to include "ntfs.h".
    15. dew
      dew
      Does it support write for NTFS via FTP?
    16. bguerville
      bguerville
      Yes
      T.A.U likes this.
    17. dew
      dew
      Does it support my "favourite" usb071? )))
    18. deank
      deank
      Yes, it should support it, because the /dev_usb*** names have no meaning with ntfs. Hopefully your drive will be mounted as /dev_ntfs00 or /dev_ntfs10.
      T.A.U and WTF-IGO like this.
    19. dew
      dew
      Wow, deank here. Nice to cu. Could it possible to do this feature for multiman?
      And last question, does this webman support GPT (HDD moreover 2TB)?