Webman Gone Off the Rails

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by Motron9000, Jan 12, 2019.

1. 6
    Motron9000

Motron9000 Forum Noob

After much tinkering I finally had my CFW PS3 all set up the way I wanted, or so I thought.

Recently Webman has gone completely mad. Seems to be developing new problems every day. The biggest issue is mounting games. It kicks back to the XMB without ever mounting the "disc". Sometimes I get the message in the upper right corner, sometimes not. Other times it just freezes my console.

I've noticed games being "renamed" as well. I have two instances of Escape from Dead Island but when I poked around it looks like one of them is Borderlands with the wrong title and icon.

I rebuilt the database from recovery, I've tried reinstalling and deleting duplicate files from wmtmp cache. Can I delete everything in there?

I really like the convenience of webmans ability to load right from XMB and the simplicity of setting up PS3 netserv (I cant seem to get Multiman to recognize my net0) but this is driving me nuts.

Thoughts?

2. 6
    Motron9000

Motron9000 Forum Noob

Prob should have mentioned...

4 82 REBUG CEX (Cobra Enabled) and newest versions of MM and Webman.

3. 3,204
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Webman doesnt interacts with the database
    Try the other option in recovery menu named "restore filesystem", this should detect and fix problems in the internal hdd filesystem/s

4. 7,910
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Also webMAN or webMAN MOD

5. 6
    Motron9000

Motron9000 Forum Noob

B/c of the random lock-ups caused by webman I've prob rebuilt the file system a dozen times in the last week.

Occasionally after a rebuild webman will actually mount an ISO but trying to unmount and mount something new will cause freeze.

Possibly worth mentioning...when trying to mount through web browser I get a picture of the game logo and ERROR! (games from both HDD and Net0)

6. 6
    Motron9000

Motron9000 Forum Noob

WebmanMOD 1.47.09 full install

7. 7,910
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

web browser on the PS3 or another device.?
    Choosing from the PS3 is not ideal because of the PS3 browsers limitations. best to use the XMB game loading feature on the PS3. That web browser feature is best used on external devices connected to your local network for choosing games

8. 6
    Motron9000

Motron9000 Forum Noob

Normally I would only load from XMB I just tried the browser for the hell of it.

Now I've run into more catastrophic issues. Clicking on Webman in XMB produces an empty column and trying to reinstall via updater crashes the system with a flashing green/yellow LED.

Guess it's time for full delete and reinstall

9. 82
    Crezazel

Crezazel Member

I had similar issues with webMAN MOD versions after 1.46. Try a clean, full install of 1.45.09 and then use the new webMAN MOD Updater of your choice. Worked for my CECHA01 running Rebug REX. Also I noticed that when I use mutiMAN upon quitting back to XMB I need to refresh .xml inside webMAN settings. Some functions like Unmount Disc and Turn Off System won't work or maybe occasionally freeze PS3.

10. 6
    Motron9000

Motron9000 Forum Noob

I'll keep this in mind if I run into problems again in the future. For now completely removing webman and reinstalling seems to have everything in order again. Wish I knew what the hell threw everything off.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

STLcardsWS likes this.